Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

while Laura Robson, the former Wimbledon junior - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

while Laura Robson, the former Wimbledon junior

Started by wxq123, 2014/03/29 11:21AM
Latest post: 2014/03/29 11:21AM, Views: 259, Posts: 1
while Laura Robson, the former Wimbledon junior
#1   2014/03/29 11:21AM
wxq123
PHOENIX -- Colorado Rockies manager Jim Tracy was succinct in his appraisal of his teams performance Tuesday night. "We didnt pitch very well tonight and we didnt hit," Tracy said after the Rockies 6-2 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks. "You get three hits, the first baseman hits two solo home runs and you get a base hit from (a reliever), you are not going to win too many games that way. "And youre not going to win too many games leaving balls up in the strike zone the way we did. We didnt command the ball very well." Arizona starter Joe Saunders (5-6) held the Rockies to only a single by reliever Josh Roenicke in the fifth inning and solo home runs to Michael Cuddyer in the fourth and sixth. He struck out nine. "That is a footnote," Cuddyer said of his second multihomer game of the season and eighth of his career. "You want to get the win first and foremost." Colorado has lost three straight and six of seven. Rookie left-hander Edwar Cabrera (0-2), who was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs earlier on Tuesday, kept the Rockies close in an abbreviated 3 1-3-inning outing. Cabrera allowed two runs, four hits and four walks but needed 81 pitches to get the 10 outs. "The learning point for Edwar is you cant pitch being down in the count in this league," Tracy said. "In this league here there are situations where guys lay off where at the minor league level you are going to get swings on some of those pitches that are thrown. Then they back you in a corner because they have a good hitters count. That is a learning curve." In his only other major league start, Cabrera gave up seven runs -- five earned -- five hits and three walks in 2 1-3 innings on June 27 against Washington. "This was a lot different because I felt more comfortable today," Cabrera said. "I tried not to fall behind in the count. I was behind a lot." Though he didnt last long, Cuddyer said Cabrera had the Diamondbacks back on their heels. "He was still wild but he was effectively wild," Cuddyer said. "He made big pitches when he had to and every guy who got on first base talked about his Bugs Bunny changeup." Chris Young homered, singled, walked twice, stole a base and scored two runs for Arizona, which has won eight straight at home. Stephen Drew and Willie Bloomquist added RBI doubles and Miguel Montero had a two-run single for the Diamondbacks, who have outscored their opponents 45-18 over the past give games. Cuddyers first homer gave the Rockies a 1-0 lead. He pulled the Rockies 4-2 with his second long ball. The Diamondbacks answered in the bottom of the fourth when Young walked, stole second and scored on a double by Drew. Bloomquist followed with a ground-rule double that scored Drew for a 2-1 lead. Youngs fifth-inning home run just over the Diamondbacks left field bullpen made it 4-1. Montero lined a two-run single to right in the seventh to extend the Diamondbacks lead to 6-2. NOTES: Saunders nine strikeouts matched a career-high. . During the game, the Diamondbacks traded 3B Ryan Roberts to Tampa Bay for minor league INF Tyler Bortnick. Roberts, who hit .252 with six homers and 33 RBIs in 82 games this season, had been designated for assignment earlier Tuesday. ... The Diamondbacks also activated INF John McDonald from the 15-day DL on Tuesday. ... LHP Jeff Francis will take the mound on Wednesday for Colorado against Arizona RHP Trevor Cahill. Francis has lost six straight decisions against the Diamondbacks dating to Sept. 28, 2007. holdjersey . With a looming and frightful deadline of January 11 ticking ever closer – league-imposed date to save a 48-game season – the NHL and NHLPA appear to be furiously game-planning for positioning at this late stage in the exhausting lockout process. nfl holdjersey . James was sentenced last month for sexually assaulting former NHL star Theo Fleury and his cousin, Todd Holt, when they played for him in the Western Hockey League in the 1980s and 90s. The sentence, handed down by Winnipeg Judge Catherine Carlson, prompted widespread outrage from both Jamess victims and the public. http://www.holdjersey.com/ .Y. - Labour peace appears to remain elusive for the NHL. nba holdjersey . After spending the first 12 seasons of his career with the Texas Rangers, it was stay with the only team ever played with in the majors as a part-timer without a set position, or the seven-time All-Star could go to Philadelphia to be the everyday third baseman for another playoff-contending team. wholesale jerseys .ca NBA Power Rankings for the second straight week. The Thunder, who have won eight of their last nine games overall, with six of those wins coming by a double-digit margin, havent missed a beat this season, even after shaking up their roster by trading James Harden to Houston prior to the start of the season. BIRMINGHAM, England -- Former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic moved closer to her first title in more than two years without hitting a ball on Thursday. Jankovic believes she is steadily recovering full fitness after a series of injuries but was denied another chance to prove this after being given a walkover into the Aegon Classic quarterfinals. She was due to face Casey Dellacqua, a surprise third-round survivor from Australia who had carved out two good three-set wins, but who was forced to withdraw with gastro-enteritis. Twice voted Serbias female athlete of the year, Jankovic is desperate to regain her former eminence, and part of her would have preferred more grass-court practice in the run-up to Wimbledon. "But at least I am progressing," she said. "I am good and healthy and finally getting some form but its really important that I keep my body in good shape," she said. "I was feeling good before and was injured again and was back to zero. Then I started playing again and got hurt again, and it was very disappointing. "But thats part of it all. Now I have changed some things. I have a new team, and Ive been staying strong, so now I really want to take it to another level." Here, Jankovic has only briefly had chances to display her capacity for that, with only a straight sets win over the hard-hitting Melanie South, a wild card grass-court expert from Britain. But she may get a better chance to show it if she reaches the semifinals. There she would face the winner of Roberta Vinci, the top-20 Italian, and Zheng Jie, the Chinese player who is making her own impressiive revival.dddddddddddd First though Jankovic must get past either Misaki Doi of Japan or Stephanie Foretz Gacon of France. Earlier Zheng, the only player from China ever to reach a Wimbledon singles semifinals, became certain of returning to the worlds top 30 after two wrist operations and an interval of nearly two years by reaching the quarterfinals. Zheng beat Andrea Hlavackova, a rising Czech, 6-4, 6-1 -- a misleadingly comfortable scoreline as conditions were breezy, the court uneven, and Hlavackova had some important chances. Hlavackova earned two break points at 3-3 in the first set, and four break-back points at 3-1 in the second set, statistics which suggested how good Zhengs focus was. "I was pleased with the way I coped, even though I am a little bit tired," Zheng said, referring to the fact that, after two qualifying matches, this was her fifth match of the tournament. She was playing doubles, too. She will be more than usually glad to get on to the centre court. The quality of the outside courts is inferior this year to all the previous 30 years of this tournament, provoking comment even from the accommodating lady from Chengdu. "They look like clay grass courts," she said humourously. "Its the same for everyone, not just me, but its not easy." Others have been more acerbic. Iveta Benesova, the 11th-seeded Czech who lost on the first day, alleged they were "unplayable" and said she "wont be back," while Laura Robson, the former Wimbledon junior champion from Britain, claimed "my back garden is better than this." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes