Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

regarding their head injuries - Country Music Talk...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

regarding their head injuries

Started by luiscolq, 2014/03/27 01:40AM
Latest post: 2014/03/27 01:40AM, Views: 361, Posts: 1
regarding their head injuries
#1   2014/03/27 01:40AM
luiscolq
Brett Favre suffers memory lapses from concussions

Brett Favre suffers 'scary' memory lapses from concussions and says if he had a son he'd be 'leery' of him playing footballBrett Farve said in a radio interview in October that he'd forgotten an entire summer in which his daughter played youth soccer

He doesn't have a son but he told Today that if he did, he'd be 'leery' of letting him play football due to the dangers associated with the sport

Injured NFL players reached a $765 million settlement against the NFL who reportedly withheld information about the dangers of concussionsFarve was asked to play football again by one NFL team, but he denied the offer and id coaching a high school team in Mississippi

Brett Favre, 44 year old NFL hall of famer, has been speaking out about the dangers of sports related head injuries, and about his 'scary' memory lapses due to on field concussions.

Farve has been tackled 525 times, more than any other quarterback, and is starting to feel the negative effects on his brain. radio station in October, the ex Green Bay Packer said that he was unable to remember an entire summer of his daughter playing youth soccer.

Scroll Down For Video

Brett Farve has spoken publicaly about his frightening brain injuries and said he couldn't remember an entire summer in which his daughter played youth soccer

'I got a pretty good memory, and I have a tendency like we all do to say, 'Where are my glasses?' and they're on your head. This was pretty shocking to me that I couldn't remember my daughter playing youth soccer, just one summer,' Favre told Sports Talk 570.

'That's a little bit scary to me. For the first time in 44 years, that put a little fear in me.'

Farve recently told Matt Lauer on Today News that if he were to have a son he may not want him playing the game. The interview with Lauer will air on Monday.

'I would be real leery of him playing football. In some respects , I'm almost glad I don't have a Ken Dryden XL Jersey son because of the pressures he would face,' Farve told Lauer.

NBC reports that the NFL recently changed some rules to protect players heads from contact during and outside of games. The NFL also supported state laws dedicated to promoting safety in youth sports.

Brett Farve spent most of his career playing as a quarterback for the Green Bay Packers

New rules aside, the NFL is still one of the most dangerous work environments and players who've had injuries from the game have become suicidal due to the injury's effects on the brain.

Ex linebacker Junior Seau shot himself in the chest at his California home. An autopsy revealed that Seu suffered from a progressive degenerative brain disease called chronic encephalopathy (CTE).

Players with brain injuries have reported depression, loss in memory, violent streaks, degenerative diseases, suicidal impulses, and various related health problems.

Junior Seau of the New England Patriots shot himslelf in the chest and was later found to have a degenerative brain disease

Gillian Taylforth's ex partner, 58, has died after three month battle with stomach cancer

To cut stroke risk, walk for longer not faster: Over 65s who walk for an hour a day reduce chance by a third Bob Gainey XL Jersey

Builder almost loses his THUMB after false widow bite swells hand to twice its normal size

Some players were so [url=http://www.officialhockeycanadiens.com/Authentic-Bob-Gainey-Jersey]http://w... dedicated to preventing serious brain damage, that 30 former NFL players donated their brains to research.

Another NFL player who commit suicide with a gunshot to the chest, Dave Deurson, left a suicide note asking experts to study his brain.

Brian Mccarthy, a spokesman for the NFL issued a statement on Friday. 'For more than two decades, the NFL has been a leader in addressing the issue of head injuries in a serious way,' the statement said.

'Important steps have included major investments in independent medical research; improved medical protocols and benefits,as well as innovative partnerships with the [url=http://www.officialhockeycanadiens.com/Authentic-Ken-Dryden-Jersey]http://w... Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health to accelerate progress,' McCarthy continued.

It's not a secret anymore: Many NFL players, including Farve, believe that the NFL withheld important information from them regarding their head injuries

'The players either retired or some of the few players . are either killing themselves or self destructing. And you know, studies have proven that some of this is because of concussions,' Favre said in his radio interview.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes