Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s were spent primarily as a backup player as he ha...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s were spent primarily as a backup player as he had just 73 catches for 849 y

Started by amy11, 2014/03/17 08:27AM
Latest post: 2014/03/18 01:50AM, Views: 423, Posts: 2
s were spent primarily as a backup player as he had just 73 catches fo...
#1   2014/03/17 08:27AM
amy11
LYTHAM ST. ANNES, England -- The last time Brandt Snedeker had this kind of a round when it really mattered, he sobbed into a towel after blowing his chance at a green jacket at the Masters. He finished this time with a smile on his face, still in the hunt in the British Open after refusing to let another wayward round get away from him like it did four years ago at Augusta National. Two birdies in the final three holes can do a lot for a guys frame of mind. "Its just kind of one of those things where youve got to find out if you have some guts or dont," Snedeker said. "I could have packed up and gone home today, but I didnt." Snedekers 3-over 73 got him a date with Tiger Woods in the next-to-last group, within shouting distance of the lead held by Adam Scott. Not exactly where he pictured himself entering the day after two rounds of playing bogey-free golf at Royal Lytham & St. Annes. But good enough to get a shot at the claret jug should he get off to a fast start in the final round from four shots behind. "I still have a chance," Snedeker said. "This course is not playing easy. I showed that today. If you dont keep the ball in play, youre going to struggle, and I did not do that today. So you never know what might happen." What happened Saturday might have crushed Snedeker just a few years ago. The fact it didnt showed a lot about his maturation as a golfer and a competitor. He led the Masters early in the final round in 2008 only to balloon to a fat 77 that left him disconsolate outside the media centre. He stood next to a golf cart, buried his head in towel, and had a good cry before explaining how it all went so wrong so fast. The image of him breaking down won support from a lot of fans, including country music star Vince Gill, who told him: "Its OK. Life goes on." There were plenty of reasons to think about shedding a few tears Saturday, including a bad break on the sixth hole that forced Snedeker to play a shot backward from the greenside bunker before finally making bogey. He found himself often in some of the 206 bunkers that litter Royal Lytham, missed short puts and fought his swing the entire round. After shooting 66-64 the first two rounds and not coming close to even sniffing a bogey through his first 40 holes, he made six over the stretch of the next 10 holes. "Its just kind of what Ive been doing so well I did so poorly today. Thats why it was frustrating," Snedeker said. "I didnt hit the ball very solidly. I didnt putt the ball very well. Just one of those days where you shake your head and wonder what youre doing out there, and I hate those." Snedeker, who began the round with a one-shot lead over Scott, was six shots back and fading fast when he made only his second birdie of the day on the 16th hole. He finished the round off with a 30-footer for birdie on the 18th hole and broke out in a wide smile before cheering fans packed into the giant grandstands surrounding the final green. "I could have easily turned a 3-over round into a 7- or 8-over round, if I wasnt still fighting, still hanging in there," Snedeker said. Snedeker, a Tennessean with a Huck Finn kind of face and easygoing personality, was an unlikely leader through the midway point of the Open to begin with. Though hes a three-time winner on the PGA Tour -- including a victory at Torrey Pines earlier this year when he came from seven shots behind in the final round -- he hadnt even made the cut in his three previous tries in the British. Hes a momentum player who tends to feed off his birdies, but even he seemed perplexed at how he could have ended up at the top of the leaderboard after two rounds. Snedekers closing birdie moved him into a pairing with Woods in the group just behind Scott and former U.S. Open winner Graeme McDowell. Though hes four shots back, the margin is not insurmountable if the wind picks up as predicted and the greens that have been so receptive to approach shots begin to harden up. Without a strong finish, Snedeker might not have been close enough or confident enough to challenge for the claret jug. The two closing birdies, though, changed everything. "I realize theres a ton of golf left. And Ive played a lot of great golf to get to this point," he said. "I know its not far off. I know its in there somewhere. And, you know, Ive come back from way more behind than whatever I was at one point today. I know that tomorrow its going to be a very, very tough golf course. And as long as you hang in there and keep fighting, you never know what might happen." Dwight Howard Jersey . Lamaze and his student Tiffany Foster, both from Schomberg, Ont., were nominated Friday along with Yann Candele of Caledon, Ont. Houston Rockets Jersey . -- Much has changed since the All-Stars last pulled into town in 1973. http://www.shopthero... . Zeeman won the 1,850-metre event in seven minutes 24.29 seconds. The Cambridge, Ont., native also won bronze at the world under-23 championships earlier this year. [url=http://www.shoptherockets.com/Hakeem-olajuwon-jersey/]Hakeem Olajuwon Jersey . Blair Jones, acquired six days ago, scored his first goal in a Flames uniform in overtime and Miikka Kiprusoff made 23 saves as Calgary beat the Anaheim Ducks 1-0 Thursday night. Kiprusoff improved to 20-14-2 on the season and earns his third shutout of the season and 43rd of his career, tying him for 27th on the all-time list with Lorne (Gump) Worsley. Jeremy Lin Jersey . Niese struck out a career-high 10 in six scoreless innings before he was pulled as a precaution and New York shut down the slumping St. REGINA -- Jason Clermont has called it a career. The Saskatchewan Roughriders slotback announced his retirement Tuesday after 10 CFL seasons. The move was hardly a surprise as the Riders had long stated that Clermont, a Regina native, didnt figure in their 2012 plans. Whats more, on the clubs website Clermonts No. 82 jersey has been assigned to Justin Harper, an American in his first season with the CFL team. Clermont spent the first seven seasons of his CFL career with the B.C. Lions before finishing up with the Riders, appearing in consecutive Grey Cup losses to the Montreal Alouettes with the Saskatchewan franchise (2009-10). "Growing up in Saskatchewan, it was a childhood dream to catch passes for the Saskatchewan Roughriders in a Grey Cup game," he said in a statement. "I would like to thank the Saskatchewan Roughrider organization, fans and especially all of my teammates and friends for helping that dream become a reality not once, but twice. "I owe the province of Saskatchewan and the city of Regina a debt of gratitude for shaping me as an athlete, but most importantly as a young man." Clermont made sure to thank all the different clubs and organizations he was involved in throughout his career. "The Regina Rams and junior football were both instrumental in providing a young player with an incredible opportunity to develop and move on to university studies and collegiate level football," he said in the statement. "From there, I was given an opportunity by the B.C. Lions to be a leader through two Grey Cup appearances, a championship, numerous individual awards and priceless friendships and memories. "Thanks again Vancouver, the BC Lions and the CFL for letting me hang my name on the back of the No.dddddddddddd 82 jersey." Clermont became a free agent Feb. 15. The married father of three children, including two under the age of three, is also a partner in a Regina-based real estate firm. B.C. selected Clermont in the first round of the 2002 CFL draft -- fourth overall -- out of the University of Regina. The six-foot-two, 227-pound receiver made an immediate impact with the club, being named the leagues top rookie that season. Two years later, Clermont earned the first of two outstanding Canadian awards. In 2006 he helped the Lions beat Montreal 25-14 in the Grey Cup before being again named the leagues top Canadian in 2007. Clermont blossomed into a clutch receiver with the Lions, registering three 1,000-yard seasons. His breakout campaign was 2004 when he had 83 catches for a career-high 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns. He captured the CFLs top Canadian award that season and was also named the outstanding Canadian in the Lions 27-19 loss to the Toronto Argonauts in the Grey Cup game at Ottawas Frank Clair Stadium. But the Lions released Clermont after the 2008 campaign when he had 50 catches for 640 yards and three TDs. He joined the Riders as a free agent but his three seasons were spent primarily as a backup player as he had just 73 catches for 849 yards and a TD during his time with Saskatchewan. Clermont finishes his CFL career with 501 career receptions for 6,756 yards and 38 touchdowns over 165 regular-season contests. He added 42 receptions for 570 yards and two TDs in 15 career playoff games. He remains third on the Lions all-time receptions list behind only Geroy Simon and Jim Young and sixth in career receiving yards. ' ' '

s were spent primarily as a backup player as he had just 73 catches fo...
#2   2014/03/18 01:50AM
mmocrazyfan
Thieving excellent guidelines which in turn you may wish to realize.Occur , whom would'to need to seize free stoof beyond thin air?

cheap fifa 14 coins
fut coins

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes