Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

m happy to reach the final and hope the fans will ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

m happy to reach the final and hope the fans will support me on Sunday," Wozniacki said. One fan she could count on was world No. 1 golfer Rory McIlroy, who was in

Started by amy11, 2014/03/09 07:54AM
Latest post: 2014/03/09 07:54AM, Views: 331, Posts: 1
m happy to reach the final and hope the fans will support me on Sunday...
#1   2014/03/09 07:54AM
amy11
WASHINGTON -- Down two goals in the opening period, the New Jersey Devils didnt give up. Instead, they waited for their opportunities, exploited spotty defence and used their patented trap to make things miserable for the Washington Capitals. David Clarkson scored in the fourth round of the shootout, after Johan Hedberg made a pad save on Nicklas Backstrom, and the Devils rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Capitals on Saturday night. "It was a real gutsy effort in this building, down 2-0 to that team," coach Peter DeBoer said. "To hold them to seven shots over the last 45 minutes, I thought it was a real gritty effort." Second-period goals by Petr Sykora and Ryan Carter got the Devils even in a game in which they had a 19-17 edge in shots after being outshot 9-8 in the opening period. "It would have been easy to sit back, but the group of guys around here dont give up," Carter said. "The second period was a statement for us. (We) sat back a little on our heels in the third, weathered a storm and found a way to get two points." With the game tied, the Devils relied on their trap. That strategy got them to overtime and eventually a road win. With the shootout knotted 1-1, Clarkson skated in on Michal Neuvirth, faked to the right and lifted a backhander over the sliding goalie to give the Devils a split in a weekend home-and-home series with the Capitals. Zach Parise also scored for the Devils in the shootout, and Alex Ovechkin connected for Washington. It was Ovechkins only contribution on a frustrating evening in which he had 11 hits as he tried to make up for his lack of offence. "My job is to score goals, not to make hits," Ovechkin said. "The second period, I probably had three chances to score, but I didnt do the right thing." The Devils have won three of four. Troy Brouwer and Jason Chimera scored for the Capitals in the first period, but Washington coach Bruce Boudreau was denied in his first try at his 200th NHL victory. Boudreau sidestepped a pre-game question about what the milestone would mean, telling reporters, "Im not there yet." Capitals defenceman Roman Hamrlik left the game after taking a cross check in the second period. Boudreau was also missing defenceman Mike Green, and banged-up veteran John Erskine was scratched just before warmups, leaving Washington no time to recall anyone from the minors. Boudreau was forced to shorten his bench and insert forward Brooks Laich in the back to compensate for Hamrliks absence. "Will you take a point? Yes," Boudreau said. "When you have a 2-0 lead, will you take a point? No. The goals they scored were mistakes on our part. If we wouldnt make those mistakes, it probably would have been a 2-0 game." Early on, it looked as though the Capitals had jump in their step after winning 3-1 at New Jersey on Friday night. Just 6:30 in, Brouwer gave the Capitals a 1-0 lead. Brouwer intercepted Adam Henriques pass, skated in on Hedberg, got the goalie down, and beat him at the right post for his fourth goal. Washington made it 2-0 at 16:10, just as a tripping penalty against New Jerseys Anton Volchenkov expired. Chimera tipped in John Carlsons drive from the right point. However, the Capitals couldnt extend their surge. New Jersey limited Washington to two second-period shots, and goals by Sykora and Carter erased the Capitals lead. Sykora cut the deficit in half at 12:18, one-timing a short drop pass off a faceoff from the left circle past Neuvirth. The Devils tied it at 18:54 of the second period when Carter, stationed between the circles, redirected a left-wing pass from Bryce Salvador for his first of the season. NOTES: Boudreau, who was coaching in his 322nd career game, is trying to reach 200 wins in the second fastest time, behind Don Cherry, who needed 341 games in the era before overtime. Since the shootout was introduced in 2005, only Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle has reached 200 wins, doing it in his 374th game. ... Green sat out one night after leaving in the first period following a knee-to-knee collision with Carter. Green had missed the previous six games because of a twisted right ankle. ... Devils LW Ilya Kovalchuk (lower body) missed his fourth straight game. cheap china jerseys .J. -- Rex Ryan has not dashed his Super Bowl hopes -- or the chance Darrelle Revis will be there on the field with the New York Jets this season. cheap jerseys china us . Scott Frandsen of Kelowna, B.C., and Victorias David Calder won their mens pair semifinal in a time of six minutes 21.51 seconds. Britain was second in 6:23.08 and Italy third in 6:27. http://www.cheapjerseyschinaus.biz/[/ur... . The Stanley Cup champions made the final selection of the first round on Friday night. The 19-year-old Pearson is a late bloomer by NHL draft standards. [url=http://www.cheapjerseyschinaus.biz/]where to buy cheap jerseys . Miamis mascot, on its head -- with a first-aid symbol and an "X" over each eye to boot. "I said, Weve got to turn him upside down," he said. cheap jerseys china . Then they went out and earned it. Nick Young scored 19 points off the bench, Blake Griffin added 17 and Randy Foye 13 to beat the Thunder 92-77 on Monday night.SOFIA, Bulgaria -- Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki reached the Tournament of Champions final after beating Bulgarias Tsvetana Pironkova 6-4, 6-1 on Saturday. In Sundays final, Wozniacki will play second-seeded Nadia Petrova of Russia, who defeated Roberta Vinci of Italy 6-7 (8), 6-1, 6-4 in a dramatic match that lasted 2 hours, 42 minutes. "At one moment in the match I thought that I am playing my last match here and thats why I decided to do my best," Petrova said. "On Sunday I will try to impede Wozniacki. If I win the title, it will be the perfect end of the season for me." Supported by an enthusiastic crowd in Sofias Arena Armeec Hall, Pironkova matched Wozniacki at the start of the first sset but from 4-4 the Dane won seven consecutive games to lead 6-4, 5-0.dddddddddddd. "I feel sorry to beat Pironkova in front of her fans at home but I am happy to reach the final and hope the fans will support me on Sunday," Wozniacki said. One fan she could count on was world No. 1 golfer Rory McIlroy, who was in Sofia to support his Danish girlfriend. Playing for her third WTA title of the year in her fourth final has ensured Wozniacki will return to the top 10 when the rankings are updated on Monday. She will rise from No. 11 to No. 10, swapping with Marion Bartoli. Petrova will also be trying for her third title of the year. She has lost her last four matches with Wozniacki. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes