Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ithin a run. David Hernandez, who start - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ithin a run. David Hernandez, who start

Started by amy11, 2014/03/02 06:02AM
Latest post: 2014/03/02 06:02AM, Views: 355, Posts: 1
ithin a run. David Hernandez, who start
#1   2014/03/02 06:02AM
amy11
LONDON -- Roger Federer opened his quest for a seventh season-ending tour title looking like the man to beat -- again. The 17-time Grand Slam champion won his record 40th match at the tournament, defeating Janko Tipsarevic 6-3, 6-1 Tuesday in his opening Group B match. Federer lost only eight points on his serve under the roof of the O2 Arena while converting four of his nine break points. "Obviously, come in knowing that Ive played so well past years, I expect myself also to be at a solid level," said Federer, who also won his seventh Wimbledon title this year and won a silver medal at the London Olympics. "Ive had a good year. Its true, I feel like Im striking the ball well after today. I hope its a sign for more to come hopefully." Federers presence alone breathed a bit of life into the tournament for the top eight players in the world. A day after Andy Murray made his return to Britain for the first time since winning the U.S. Open, the crowd actually got into Tuesdays match, complete with cowbells ringing and constant chanting for Federer. "Im very, very honoured, really, and very proud in some ways to be so well liked by so many fans around the world, just not in one particular place or one country," said Federer, who will next face David Ferrer on Thursday. "It really seems to be everywhere I go I get a lot of fan support." The Swiss star didnt disappoint them, looking like he was right at home right from the start. He held at love to open the match, and immediately broke Tipsarevic for a 2-0 lead that held the rest of the way. In the second set, Tipsarevic held serve to start, but couldnt win another game as Federer even dazzled the fans with a couple of behind-the-back hits off Tipsarevic serves that had nipped the net. "The problem was that he got an early break in both sets," Tipsarevic said. "Everybody knows that when Roger starts leading, he is probably the best player in the world when hes a break up early in the set." Tipsarevic was playing for the first time since retiring from his quarterfinal match at the Paris Masters last week, saying he was dizzy and fatigued. "I felt good in the first set. Even though I lost it, I didnt lose the first set because I was feeling bad, whatever. But later on when we played these longer rallies, my serve started to suffer a little bit," Tipsarevic said of Tuesdays match against Federer. "But Im feeling better day after day after day." Federer didnt even play in Paris, instead pulling out to rest up for London. "I still had some little things I had to work through the last couple of days. Really since yesterday, I feel fine," Federer said. "So obviously it was good for me to start on Tuesday." Federer twice won the season-ending tournament when it was in Houston in 2003-04, and then won two more in Shanghai in 2006-07. In London, he is the two-time defending champion. Tuesdays victory moved him out of tie with Ivan Lendl for the most wins at the tournament with 40. In the late Group B match, Ferrer beat Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 3-6, 6-4. Against Federer, Ferrer is 0-13. "I will play with best of history," said Ferrer, who won the Paris Masters on Sunday."I think I will have to play very aggressive all the time (to have a) chance to beat him." NFL Jerseys From China . He was the lead figure in a Real Madrid team that battled hard, but helplessly, to wrest the Spanish league title from Barcelona for two years before finally topping its archrival in the 2011-12 season. wholesale nfl jerseys . McIlroy officially made the switch to the swoosh on Monday as Nike confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in golf, announcing it had signed a multi-year deal with the top-ranked Northern Irishman. http://www.nfljerseyschinatt.com/ . Will Power cursed the weather and his awful luck. Hunter-Reay won the Grand Prix of Baltimore on Sunday, charging to the front on a controversial restart to keep alive his hopes of capturing the IndyCar Series championship. cheap nfl jerseys . -- BJ Youngs career at Arkansas might be over after just one season. cheap Jerseys china .J. -- The lockout-shortened 48-game season hasnt started and the New Jersey Devils are already looking goals.SAN FRANCISCO -- Marco Scutaro had just rounded first base when the portly Pablo Sandoval caught him by surprise, tugged on his jersey and bear-hugged the second baseman while the rest of the San Francisco Giants streamed out of the dugout in celebration. "He said, Take it easy. Ill protect you," Scutaro said. "Thats a lot of protection." Throughout a wild, wacky game that featured 30 hits, 17 runs and 13 pitchers, protection proved to be a theme for a Giants team that refused to quit. They built a 4-0 lead, then trailed by three and blew a chance to win in the ninth. Only fitting they showed the same fight at the finish. Scutaro singled home the winning run in the 10th inning after Buster Poseys tying double in the ninth, and the Giants rallied to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 9-8 on Monday. "Thats probably one of the best wins," Posey said, "if not the best win of the year." Brandon Crawford beat out a single to short leading off the final inning and moved to second when Brett Pill dropped his first career sacrifice bunt. Angel Pagan grounded out to first to advance Crawford to third. Scutaro sent the final fastball from Bryan Shaw (1-5) past diving third baseman Chris Johnson for San Franciscos seventh walk-off win this season. Scutaro, the former super-sub in Oakland who came over in a trade with Colorado after the All-Star break, also doubled and scored the tying run in the ninth to help hand J.J. Putz his second straight blown save. Putz had converted 19 consecutive saves until blowing a chance in a loss to the Dodgers on Sunday. "Tremendous comeback," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "Its a little different in September, theres no getting around it." Sergio Romo (4-2) struck out two in a perfect inning for the Giants to earn the win. Scutaro hit a double to left leading off the ninth against Putz and moved to third on Sandovals groundout. Posey doubled down the left-field line to score Scutaro. Putz intentionally walked Hunter Pence and struck out Xavier Nady swinging. With a full count and an announced sellout crowd of 42,045 roaring to its feet, he struck out Hector Sanchez and quieted AT&T Park. At least for a little, anyway. The Giants, coming off a 5-1 road trip against Chicago and Houston, returned home with a 4 1/2-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL West. The loss gave Arizona, now 11 1/2 back of San Francisco, another blow to its fading playoff hopes. "I got beat. I didnt make a pitch when I needed to, bottom line," Putz said. ";It was a (expletive) pitch to Scutaro to start the inning.dddddddddddd. Thats not the way you want to start." The Giants handed starter Barry Zito plenty of support in the first inning and looked poised to pull away early. No chance. On a relatively warm, windless day by San Francisco standards, the ball carried well all afternoon. Poseys fly drifted over the head of right fielder Justin Upton and off the scoreboard for a double that scored Scutaro. Pence followed with a two-run triple and Sanchezs infield single gave the Giants a 4-0 lead. Zito struck out five of the first seven he faced and had Arizonas hitters chasing pitches all over the zone and in the dirt -- until he didnt. In the fifth, Chris Johnson sent an 80 mph cutter over the wall in left for his 14th home run, a two-run shot that sliced San Franciscos lead to 4-2. Zito was replaced by Guillermo Moto after allowing consecutive singles to Upton and Jason Kubel to open the sixth. Arizona sent ten batters to the plate in the inning while getting an RBI from five different players -- Johnson, Paul Goldschmidt, Willie Bloomquist, Chris Young and Aaron Hill -- to take a 7-4 lead. Goldschmidts double was the only extra-base hit. Zito gave up four runs and seven hits and struggled to go deep for the second straight start. Arizona starter Patrick Corbin followed suit, allowing four runs and seven hits in five innings. Both struck out six and walked none. Zito left with a 4-2 lead, a light ovation from fans and a mess Mota couldnt clean up. Mota, who came back last week following a 100-game suspension for his second positive drug test, gave up two hits, a walk and was charged with three runs before the boo-birds pelted the pitcher. Sandoval singled home Pagan in the seventh as San Francisco began its own rally. After Upton added an RBI single for Arizona in the eighth, Crawford hit an RBI double and pinch-hitter Brandon Belt followed with a two-out single to bring the Giants within a run. David Hernandez, who started the inning, got Pagan out on hard line drive to right field for the final out of the eighth. "Thats in the bonus column right there," Zito said. "Its those ones that really make the difference when the year is over." NOTES Aubrey Huffs pinch-hit single for the Giants in the seventh was his first hit since June 10 against Texas. ... The game marked the 150th consecutive sellout for San Francisco. ... Giants LHP Madison Bumgarner (14-9, 3.07 ERA) starts against Arizona RHP Trevor Cahill (9-11, 4.02 ERA) on Tuesday. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes