Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

right now." Cincinnati called - Country Music Talk...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

right now." Cincinnati called

Started by snake, 2013/08/06 05:27AM
Latest post: 2013/08/06 05:27AM, Views: 365, Posts: 1
right now." Cincinnati called
#1   2013/08/06 05:27AM
snake
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. Cheap MLB Jerseys . -- Ryan Williams stood and watched as his Arizona Cardinals teammates practiced in the spitting rain on Tuesday. The wet turf and some soreness in his surgically repaired right knee led to the decision to keep him out of the workout. It is part of the cautious approach Williams and the team are taking 11 months after he ruptured his patella tendon in a preseason game, an injury that wiped out his rookie season. "Last (Wednesday) was really my first day of practice since the incident," Williams said. "So there are going to be some times when it will get sore, they will like me to take a break and things of that sort. Its just precautionary." He said he might not play in Sundays Hall of Fame Game against New Orleans in Canton, Ohio, "just for the simple fact that I know Im not 100 per cent." "Theres still sort of a mental block that I have to break down facing another team that will probably be 10 times as aggressive as our team (has been on practice)," Williams said. "I want to make sure Im completely comfortable and mentally comfortable with myself before I get out there." He said he has talked with coach Ken Whisenhunt about whether to play on Sunday. "He asked me how comfortable do I feel," Williams said, "and said Id let him know later on this week." But the diminutive, dynamic running back says he has no doubt he will be ready for the regular season, when he is expected to give the Cardinals offence a big-play aspect it will sorely need. He is expected to give Arizona a strong two-back threat along with Beanie Wells, who remains on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from knee surgery. Wells believes he will be back in time for the season opener. Williams talent was on full display in the teams Red and White scrimmage last Saturday, when he took off on a 44-yard run, the biggest play of the day for a mostly sputtering offence. Although he has yet to play in a regular-season game, Williams has become a fan favourite, as evidence by his reception from the estimated 14,500 fans on hand. "I think this is such a tough business, you have respect for players that are gifted, that do things on the field you just go Wow," Whisenhunt said. "And Ryan does that every once in a while. Thats what catches everybodys eye, like the 44-yard run in practice the other day." Williams said people who have seen him play realize "that I can bring another dimension to the team." "Theyre anxious to see that on the field," he said. "Im anxious to be out there myself." The Cardinals drafted Williams in the second round out of Virginia Tech a year ago, and he made an immediate impression. His presence was a factor in Arizonas decision to trade running back Tim Hightower to the Washington Redskins in July of last year. Williams ability to cut on a dime, combined with tremendous speed and surprising power, gave the 5-foot-9, 207-pound runner an ever-increasing role leading to the 2011 season. But he went down in a preseason game against Green Bay last Aug. 19, and has had to patiently, persistently work on rehabilitating the injury ever since the subsequent surgery. He said he knows that many players have needed more than a year to come back from the injury, so he feels comfortable with his current schedule. Williams also said that enduring the injury and the work it took to come back from it has changed the kind of person he is. "I had a lot of time to myself, just to really sit back and just think," he said. "I felt like I became a better man." Cheap NFL Jerseys . Dawn raids on Monday resulted in 14 arrests -- including Lazio captain Stefano Mauri -- to bring the total number of suspects arrested to about 50 since last year. Cheap Jerseys China . Not Clayton Kershaw. The left-hander finished with a major league-leading 2.53 ERA, Adrian Gonzalez singled in the go-ahead run in the sixth inning, and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Francisco Giants 5-1 on Wednesday, a day after being eliminated from playoff contention for the third straight year by the NL West champions. http://www.azulvirtual.org/hot.html[/ur... . Neither has lived up to the billing. The Toronto Raptors and Los Angeles Lakers have been two of the most disappointing teams in the NBA thus far so the Five-Man Weave crew takes a look at some potential changes that could be coming down the pipeline for both clubs. [url=http://www.azulvirtual.org/hot.html]Cheap Jerseys From China . First, Canada was not expected to at the London 2012 Games but after a late qualifying push they were the final country to earn a berth. Cheap NHL Jerseys . The linebacker made one Pro Bowl and one All-Pro team in 11 NFL seasons, the first 10 with the smaller-market Tennessee Titans. Bulluck officially retired as a Titan on Friday.CINCINNATI, Ohio - Reds third baseman Scott Rolen went back on the 15-day disabled list Saturday because of more soreness in his left shoulder, a chronic problem late in his career. The 37-year-old infielder had surgery to clean out the shoulder last August, but hasnt fully recovered his swing. He was batting only .174 with two homers and 11 RBIs when he called the team on Saturday and suggested something had to be done. Rolen is on the final year of his contract and knows it could be his last. "I called them today and said this isnt working, Im hurting, Im in pain," Rolen said, standing outside the clubhouse in uniform after the move was announced shortly before the start of a game against Washington. "Im not healthy right now. As much as I want to help the team, Im hurting the team. "I was fighting to stay on the field. One thing I talked about all spring was I wanted to play the season, I didnt want DL time. I didnt want to talk about the pink elephaant in the room, and here were kind of talking about it. Cheap NBA Jerseys. Im not healthy right now." Rolen briefly teared up as he talked about the shoulder problem that could end his career before long. He played in only 65 games last season because of it, then was slow to recover from the surgery. His next step is to go on a stretching and strengthening program to try to get rid of inflammation in the shoulder. Hes hopeful that he can get the problem under control and get back on the field. "I dont see this as a real long-term thing," Rolen said. "Its not like a surgical procedure or anything like going down that road again. Ive had a tough time with it. Im in a bad spot with it right now." Cincinnati called up third baseman Mike Costanzo from Triple-A Louisville before the second game of a series against the Nationals. The 28-year-old infielder will make his major league debut. He split time between Double-A and Triple-A this season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes