Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

arvison and DaMarques (Darkness - Country Music Ta...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

arvison and DaMarques (Darkness

Started by snake, 2013/08/05 09:51AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 09:51AM, Views: 378, Posts: 1
arvison and DaMarques (Darkness
#1   2013/08/05 09:51AM
snake
ORCHARD PARK, N. Kaepernick Womens Jersey .Y. -- The son of two elite track stars, T.J. Grahams blazing speed comes naturally. As for the confidence the Buffalo Bills rookie receiver possesses, he developed that the hard way -- by overcoming adversity. However far his legs will take him remains unknown after the third-round draft pick out of North Carolina State got his first taste of the NFL by attending Buffalos three-day rookie minicamp that closed Sunday. Whats unmistakable is the healthy sense of self-belief Graham carries when providing a simple answer to what the draft experts might have missed in dismissing his potential. "Me," he said, with a smile, noting how some questioned whether hed even be drafted at all. "They dont know me." Bold as the response might be, Graham wont apologize for expressing confidence. "Ive been through a lot," he said. "My familys ups and downs have helped me get to this point, built me." Graham is referring to how the comfortable life he was accustomed to living as the son of an elite track coach was turned upside-down some seven years ago. Thats when his father Trevor Grahams career came to a stunning halt as a result of his connection to the BALCO performance-enhancing drug scandal. The elder Graham, whose stable of athletes included Marian Jones, has been banned for life from coaching competitive track. In 2008, he was sentenced to a year of home confinement for lying to federal investigators. It wasnt an easy time for T.J. -- Trevor Junior. He was barely a teenager when the free Nike gear he used to get stopped showing up. Classmates he regarded as friends began distancing themselves. And every time Graham turned on his favourite sports network meant the possibility of seeing the family name on the ticker. The scandal didnt change the love and respect Graham had toward his father, except to draw the two -- and the entire family -- closer. "Hes my role model," Graham said of his father, who was a member of Jamaicas silver-medal-winning 4-by-400m relay team at the 1988 Summer Games. What did change was Grahams outlook toward his own future. "Before, being a kid, you kind of just think that youre going to live forever as a kid," said Graham, whose mother also ran track professionally. "That was a point where I realized that one day Im going to have to have a job and figure out what I want to do. "The NFL was my dream." And now hes on the cusp of living it in Buffalo. Hes a member of a team with an immediate need for a player with Grahams speed -- the Bills timed him at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash -- to provide its offence a deep threat opposite starter Stevie Johnson. Though Graham wasnt ranked high on many draft charts, the Bills were so interested that they traded a seventh-round pick to move up two spots to take him 69th overall. "Well, the worry was he wouldnt be there," general manager Buddy Nix said. "You just dont want to get that close and not get him." Graham is regarded as a raw project after a four-year career at N.C. State, in which he was a full-time starter in only his senior season. He finished with 99 catches for 1,453 yards and 12 touchdowns in 46 games. Graham made a bigger impact on special teams, setting the ACC record with 3,153 career kickoff return yards. His lack of experience at receiver leaves open questions of how quickly hell be ready for the NFL. "Hes not polished," coach Chan Gailey said before noting the players potential. "With that speed and ability and the attitude he carries to me on the field, if hed been a three-year (starter), hed have probably been a little bit higher up the board." Aware of Grahams history, Gailey is particularly impressed by the players confidence and drive, the intangibles that cant be measured in draft reports. "Its the old saying of, If it doesnt kill you, it makes you stronger," Gailey said. "I think hes become a stronger person probably because of all hes been around and been exposed to in life. ... Thats hard to deal with, but obviously, hes turned out great." Graham doesnt shy from discussing his past, though BALCOs not something he considers a conversation starter. To do so, would be to dredge old memories that have nothing to do with his chances of breaking into the Bills lineup. At the same time, Graham will attest that what hes overcome has better prepared him for whats ahead. "It helped me get to this point," Graham said. "I think without it, I probably wouldve just been some average guy. But its toughened me up, it grew me up a lot faster." Kaepernick Jersey . The move will reunite Johnson with former manager Mark Hughes, who spent one season in charge at Craven Cottage, while also allowing him to link up with former strike partner Bobby Zamora. Authentic Kaepernick Jersey . But Ryder Hesjedal has plenty of other things on his mind. Coming off his Giro dItalia victory last month, Hesjedal is currently in Spain, preparing for the 2012 Tour de France. http://elevatedcolor.com/new.html . An announcement to cancel games for the rest of November is expected as early as Friday. Cancelling major events such as the Winter Classic and the All-Star game could be the leagues next move. The league cancelled regular season games from Oct. Colin Kaepernick Jersey . On Friday, coach Chuck Pagano said Reitz was out with a concussion. Everyone else, Pagano said, would play or was probable or questionable. 49ers Kaepernick Jersey . Villaneuva had won four consecutive starts before allowing four runs on seven hits over six innings in a 5-3 loss at Seattle last Wednesday. In one career start against Tampa Bay, the right-hander surrendered a career-high eight runs in just 2 2/3 innings in August of 2011.TORONTO -- Unbeaten Calgary middleweight Nick (The Promise) Ring will face Tim (The Barbarian) Boetsch at UFC 135 in Denver on Sept. 24. Ring (12-0) is coming off an impressive showing in a third-round submission of James Head at UFC 131. Boetsch (13-4) won a decision over Kendall Grove at UFC 130 last time out. Elsewhere, the UFC returns to England on Nov. 5 for a televised show in Birmingham that features middleweights Chris (The Crippler) Leben and Mark (The Filipino Wrecking Machine) Munoz in the main event. Leben has won four of his last five bouts, most recently knocking out Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva. Munoz has defeated Aaron Simpson,, C. Colin Kaepernick Womens Jersey. B. Dollaway, and Demian Maia in his last three bouts. The card will also include a welterweight fight between veteran Thiago (Pit Bull) Alves and unbeaten Swedish newcomer Papy Abedi and a bantamweight matchup of Englands Brad Pickett and Renan Barao. In other UFC news: -- Lightweights Vagner Rocha and Cody McKenzie will meet on the Sept. 17 "Battle of the Bayou" card in New Orleans. Welterweights Clay (Heavy Metal) Harvison and DaMarques (Darkness) Johnson will also meet on the Fight Night card. -- Joey (The Mexicutioner) Beltran will face unbeaten heavyweight Stipe Miocic at UFC 136 in Houston on Oct. 8. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes