Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ys red card against Arsenal has been overturned by...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ys red card against Arsenal has been overturned by the Football Association following an appeal by the English champions. The Belgium

Started by minli, 2013/08/02 04:25AM
Latest post: 2013/08/02 04:25AM, Views: 604, Posts: 1
ys red card against Arsenal has been overturned by the Football Associ...
#1   2013/08/02 04:25AM
minli
HELSINKI, Finland - Malcolm Subban turned 19 on Friday so his teammates serenaded him with a rendition of "Happy Birthday" during breakfast. . Hours later, after practice, Canadas world junior coaches sang his praises. "I was very happy with him," said goalie coach Ron Tugnutt in assessing Subbans performance during Finlands 3-2 win over Canada on Thursday. "I think theres still a little bit more there, but, first game over here, I was very impressed with his game. Personally, I have no problems with the goals that were scored." Two of the three goals allowed by Subban came with Canada two men down and head coach Steve Spott made it clear he feels it was a lack of mental toughness and not poor goaltending, which did-in his club. "I thought Malcolm was good," Spott said. "When you look at the scoring chances that we gave up he stood tall. When you put your goaltender down three versus five then youre putting him in a real difficult position so I thought he was solid. He made some key saves at key times. We lost that game by one goal, because of discipline and putting ourselves in a bad position." The game-winning goal was the source of much of the criticism directed at the Belleville Bulls goalie, but Tugnutt absolved Subban of any blame for that one as well. "We have great video that I went through and, I dont think anyone knows, but the last goal was actually tipped," he said. "I was completely comfortable with Malcolms game. I thought he made some key saves at key times to give us a chance and hell just get better." "I saw it going up and my glove started going up," Subban said when asked about the third Finnish goal, "and then it started flipping down and I tried to get to it, but it was too late. Its whatever. I still got to do what I can. Obviously [the deflection] makes it a little more challenging." TSN analyst Jamie McLennan noted following the game that Subban, who has a .932 save percentage in 26 games in the OHL this season, simply doesnt look as comfortable as he has in the past. And, on that, Tugnutt agrees. "Hes one of those guys where it takes a little while to get used to his surroundings and, you know, hes going to calm down," Tugnutt said. "I thought he was a little bit too explosive. I want to see a calmer Malcolm in net and as the game went on I saw that. I have no concerns about his game." Subban, who was the only goalie with a sub-.900 save percentage at the selection camp, admits his game is not where he wants it to be. "Obviously its challenging," he said. "Its a lot different style of game over here as opposed to playing in the OHL so Im not used that. A lot better shooters here. Its a lot faster game so its harder to look through traffic. I know on the second goal I was trying to look through and a guy jumped right in front of me at the last second. Its going to take time to adapt to that, but I feel like I was getting better throughout the game." Owen Sounds Jordan Binnington will get the call between the pipes on Saturday against Sweden in Canadas final pre-tournament game as the battle to be the teams starting goalie hits its final stage. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-darrelle-revis-jerse... Revis Jersey . Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals are still trying to lock up their berth to the postseason and turn to Lohse on Saturday evening in the second of three straight meetings with the NL East-leading Nats, who have a chance to lock up the division. . -- New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has agreed to terms on a five-year contract with free agent linebacker David Hawthorne. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-michael-koenen-jerse... . Instead, history tells us that for the European Champions to reign supreme domestically this season, they must defeat Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Recording the home win against Sir Alex Ferguson has been a consistent for each of the titles the West London club has amassed during this House of Abramovich era. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-dan-orlovsky-jersey-... Orlovsky Jersey . A brave, spirited performance from underdogs, denied a famous win in controversial circumstances at one of world soccers most iconic venues. . The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus on top of a $4 million annual salary as well as a modified no-trade clause.LONDON -- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompanys red card against Arsenal has been overturned by the Football Association following an appeal by the English champions. The Belgiumm defender was facing a three-match ban after being sent off for a two-footed challenge on Jack Wilshere in Citys 2-0 win at Emirates Stadium on Sunday. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jeff-demps-jersey-ct... Demps Jersey. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes