Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

making. Florida has finished as the runners-up fou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

making. Florida has finished as the runners-up four times since 2004

Started by xiaosongtiga, 2013/07/31 10:26AM
Latest post: 2013/07/31 10:26AM, Views: 344, Posts: 1
making. Florida has finished as the runners-up four times since 2004
#1   2013/07/31 10:26AM
xiaosongtiga
ATLANTIC CITY, N. 49ers Kaepernick Jersey .J. -- The Nets looked nothing like the team that called New Jersey home for 35 years. Not with black uniforms and white stripes down the sides. Certainly not with "Brooklyn" emblazoned on the front of the jerseys. Brook Lopez scored 19 points, Gerald Wallace had 18 and the Brooklyn Nets made their debut with a 108-105 overtime victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. The Nets had closed the book on New Jersey after spending 35 years in Piscataway, East Rutherford and the teams last home at the Prudential Center in Newark. Turns out, the franchise had one more game left in its old home state. "Weve done a lot of commercials and weve done so many interviews talking about Brooklyn, it was finally good to see them out in a Brooklyn Nets uniform," coach Avery Johnson said. He knows its good to have Joe Johnson and Deron Williams in the backcourt, a duo the Nets could have used in New Jersey. Johnson, acquired from Atlanta in the off-season, scored 13 points in his debut. Williams had 14 points. Evan Turner had 14 points for the Sixers. Andrew Bynum, who is sitting out the preseason to rest his achy knees, watched his team lose from the end of the bench. The Nets make their Brooklyn debut in the $1 billion state-of-the-art Barclays Center on Monday against Washington. The true Brooklyn debut is the regular-season opener on Nov. 1 against New York. "Hopefully, well carry it over into the Barclays Center that weve been all been anxiously awaiting for a long time," Avery Johnson said. The Barclays Center will be rocking that night, with some A-list celebrities and a pregame spectacle sure to highlight the return of major pro sports to the borough. Saturday was a Sixers home game and there were only a smattering of cheers for the Nets and a few "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" T-shirts. Brooklyn hasnt had major professional sports since the Dodgers left town in 1957. Fans cant wait to root for the new home team. "Im hearing were going to have a pretty good crowd for a preseason game," Avery Johnson said. "A lot of folks are talking about it. I heard the lines are going to be long for a preseason game before the doors are open. Thats what we want. Thats what they do in Oklahoma City and a lot of other teams where franchises have relocated to a city and a stadium." The Nets have raised expectations following a 22-44 record in the lockout-shortened season. Along with Johnson, the Nets added veterans Jerry Stackhouse, Josh Childress, Andray Blatche, C.J. Watson, Reggie Evans and European free agent Mirza Teletovic. "Were ready," coach Avery Johnson said before the game. At 6:45 p.m., the public address announcer said for the first time, "Now taking the court, the Brooklyn Nets." Kris Humphries dunked for the first basket in a Brooklyn uniform. The Nets came out strong against a Sixers team that underwent their own off-season makeover. Gone are veterans Elton Brand, Lou Williams and Andre Iguodala. In are Bynum, Kwame Brown, Nick Young, Jason Richardson, Dorell Wright, Maalik Wayns and Arnett Moultrie. Coach Doug Collins gave Richardson and Wright the night off because of a loaded preseason schedule where theyll play five more times by Oct. 22. "Weve got to get in better condition," Collins said. "Ive been a little bit worried about pushing the guys in camp and weve got a few older guys. Weve got a few guys who, coming in, were a little heavy." Young scored 21 points and Wayns scored 18 points. The Sixers brought a nearly 7,000 fans at Boardwalk Hall to life after they sliced a 13-point hole to only 95-93 with 1:16 left. Damien Wilkins tied the game for the Sixers with two free throws with 45 seconds left. C.J Watson of the Nets missed a runner as time expired in the fourth quarter to send the game into overtime. Watson, who scored 19 points, atoned in overtime with a pair of free throws that gave the Nets a 108-105 lead. Blatche scored 19 points and Josh Childress had 12. "We dont have guys on this team that are similiar," Joe Johnson said. "We have guys that have high IQs and tonight it showed." Colin Kaepernick Womens Jersey . Starks, signed by the Steelers just before the start of training camp, missed the first two weeks of practice while rehabbing from a torn ACL in his right knee. The eight-year veteran is expected to battle for the starting left tackle spot. Kaepernick Jersey . The Wilds first-round pick (7th overall) led all WHL defencemen in goals last season, posting 20. He also added 37 assists for 57 points in 69 games. http://elevatedcolor.com/new.html . -- Its been a long time since Tim Clark found a low round like this and this one was certainly special. Colin Kaepernick Elite Jersey . Nyhaug, who is easily Canadas best BMX racer, is an obvious choice for the Olympic nomination. But his dreams of competing in London were put on hold after a crash at the World Cup Supercross in Papendal, Netherlands, in May threw everything into question. Kaepernick Womens Jersey . Park, of Korea, was eliminated for leaving the blocks early. Although his times were not released, it is likely that the disqualification allowed Cochrane, of Victoria, to qualify for his first 400m freestyle Olympic final.DES MOINES, Iowa -- Canadas Brianne Theisen came into Friday with a 207-point lead in the heptathlon, and she left it with the second-highest score in NCAA meet history. Theisen, from Humboldt, Sask., cruised to 6,440 points at the NCAA outdoor championships, the best since Diane Guthrue-Gresham of George Mason scored 6,527 back in 1995. The University of Oregon athlete now has seven total NCAA championships, a mark topped by just three women. It was the third straight NCAA title for Theisen, who said the key to her success was to not put too much pressure on herself. "The harder you try -- I mean, the shot put, the javelin -- the worse they are. So its kind of like I just went through the motions and didnt try and it was phenomenal," Theisen said. The Ducks didnt get the points they were hoping for out of the 800 though. Anne Kesselring, the defending champion, finished fifth as BYUs Nachelle Nackie won in 2:01.06. Still, Oregon is in position to win its first outdoor title since 1985 on Saturday, while LSU could win a record 15th team championship. There was plenty of suspense in the mens 100 metres. For a precious few seconds, nobody knew whether Illinois Andrew Riley, Auburns Harry Adams or Florida States Maurice Mitchell would be declared the winner. Well, almost nobody. Riley knew his lean was just enough to make him a national champion. Riley crossed in 10.272, two-thousandths of a second ahead of Adams and five-thousandths faster than Mitchell in a mild upset Friday night at Drake Stadium. "I knew it was going to come down to a lean," Riley said. "I remember my coach telling me to just punch my arms as hard as you can and open your stride. I did that and the lean and I got it. I knew I had it." The meet concludes on Saturday with the LSU and Oregon women tied for first with 40 points apiece. The Florida men lead by eight points over Virginia Tech as they try for their first outdoor title after capturing the last three indoor crowns. Oregons English Gardner didnt need to lean to take the womens 100, powering to the lead out of the blocks and holding off a charging Kimberlyn Duncan to win in 11. Authentic Colin Kaepernick Jersey. 10 Gardner took pride in being able to finish the last 40 metres strong. That had been a problem in the past for the sophomore, who faded late and finished seventh in the NCAA meet in 2011. "I worked so hard last year and fell so short. I wanted to just come back and redeem myself," Gardner said. "I definitely came out here with a lot of fire and a lot of intensity and wanted to win." Though Gardner held off Duncan and her LSU teammate Semoy Hackett, those two Tigers still picked up 14 crucial points in the team title race. In the mens 800, favourite Charles Jock of UC-Irvine used the memory of losing by four-hundredths of a second in 2011 as fuel to push him to a convincing win. Jock took charge early in the race and dared the field to try to chase him down. They didnt, as Jock won in 1:45.59 with Iowas Erik Sowinski second in 1:45.90. "This feels like redemption. Ive played that video so many times. I must have played it 20 times this week. It was the worst feeling in the world having worked for 798 metres," Jock said of losing to Virginias Robby Andrews last year. Floridas Tony McQuay (44.58) and Illinoiss Ashley Spencer (50.95) both set collegiate marks for 2012 in winning their respective 400s. Arizona junior Brigetta Barrett cleared 6 feet, 4 inches to win the womens high jump for the second straight year, while Oklahomas Tia Brooks won the womens shot put at 60-6. Southern Utahs Cameron Levins swept the 5,000 and 10,000 races, winning the 5,000 on Friday night in 13:40.05 -- including a 54.4 in his final 400 metres. Levins has scored as many points, 20, as the Texas A&M men and women have combined for. That statistic is proof enough that the Aggies will likely see their streak of sweeping the mens and womens team titles end at three years in a row. For the Gators men, Saturday could provide a breakthrough thats been years in the making. Florida has finished as the runners-up four times since 2004. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes