Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

by the Jeffrey Maier catch. New York won that seri...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

by the Jeffrey Maier catch. New York won that series in five games

Started by xiaosongtiga, 2013/07/31 10:25AM
Latest post: 2013/07/31 10:25AM, Views: 391, Posts: 1
by the Jeffrey Maier catch. New York won that series in five games
#1   2013/07/31 10:25AM
xiaosongtiga
MILWAUKEE -- The way things have been going for the Milwaukee Brewers bullpen, manager Ron Roenicke figures his relievers have enough to overcome without having to deal with umpires missed calls. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Store . So when home plate umpire Brian Knight threw Brewers bench coach Jerry Narron out of the game for arguing a call, Roenicke was going to say what was on his mind -- and it didnt matter one bit that the Brewers were winning by nine runs in the ninth inning at the time. Roenicke got thrown out, too, but the Brewers still beat the Houston Astros 10-1 on Tuesday night. "Thats a really poor job by the umpire," Roenicke said. "He missed the call. He flat-out missed the call. He told me it was high, and it wasnt even close to being high. And so Jerry gets thrown out. So I go out there and I tell him, and he says, Youre yelling at me in a 10-1 ballgame. I said, I dont care what the score is. Ive got a pitcher out there thats working as hard as he can. And I said, You blow a call and you throw my guy out. And he throws me out for that. Thats a poor job by him." Aramis Ramirez and Corey Hart each hit a three-run homer. Ramirez had three hits and four RBIs, including his 13th homer of the season in the third inning. Hart hit his three-run shot in the fifth, his 20th homer. Ramirez and Hart were mentioned as possible trade targets going into Tuesday afternoons non-waiver trade deadline, but both players remained in Milwaukee. "I would hate to be without either one of them," Roenicke said. Ramirez said he wasnt thrown off by trade talk. "Ive been around long enough," Ramirez said. "I knew this is a business." Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo (9-8) went seven innings, giving up one run and three hits with a walk and five strikeouts. And this time he wasnt betrayed by the teams leaky bullpen, as Jim Henderson got out of a bases-loaded jam in the eighth and Francisco Rodriguez pitched a perfect ninth. Gallardo was coming off a rough outing in which he gave up seven runs in five innings against the Washington Nationals. Gallardo wanted to pitch one more inning, and Roenicke almost let him. "We all know its been tough," Gallardo said. "As far as myself, I try to go out there and go as deep as I can." Chris Snyder hit his fifth home run of the season for Houston. Astros starter Dallas Keuchel (1-4) struggled, and was charged with seven runs and seven hits in four-plus innings with six walks. "What was tough was Dallas command," Astros manager Brad Mills said. "He had the six walks in those four innings and thats tough. And then working behind in the count. Its along the same lines as his last outing, as well. Its definitely something were going to work on. We thought we had some things addressed but we need to go back and readdress those issues." Ryan Braun returned to the lineup after missing Monday nights game with blisters on his hand. After Norichika Aoki led off the first with a single and Braun took a one-out walk, the Brewers used a double steal to put runners on second and third. Ramirez singled to score Aoki and give Milwaukee a 1-0 lead. With runners on first and third with one out in the second, Gallardo laid down a perfect squeeze bunt, allowing Weeks to score from third for a 2-0 lead -- and the Astros werent able to throw Gallardo out at first, leaving runners on first and second with one out. But Aoki hit into a double play to end the inning, and Snyder led off the third with a homer to cut the lead to 2-1. The Brewers broke the game open in the third, when Carlos Gomez doubled, Braun walked and Ramirez hit a three-run homer. Keuchel issued another pair of walks before getting Cody Ransom to hit into an inning-ending double play. Milwaukee ended its first three innings on double plays but still led 5-1. Keuchel gave up singles to Braun and Ramirez to start the fifth, and was taken out of the game. Reliever Chuckie Fick then gave up the three-run homer to Hart and the Brewers led 8-1. Fick hit Gomez with a pitch in the left wrist in the sixth, and Gomez briefly looked like he was going to charge the mound. But Gomez -- who also was hit Monday night -- quickly calmed down and took first base. Brewers reliever Jim Henderson loaded the bases with two outs in the eighth, then struck out Brett Wallace to end the inning. Pinch-hitter Nyjer Morgan added a two-run single in the ninth. NOTES: After trading away ace pitcher Zack Greinke last week, Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said things werent active at the trade deadline Tuesday. "I didnt have any phone calls at all from a general manager all day," Melvin said. Melvin did not rule out potential activity in August, when players have to pass through waivers to be traded. ... Mills said before the game he doesnt intend to formally name a closer for now, but wants to give Wilton Lopez get a shot at the role. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap . There is no timetable for Tulowitzkis return, but he is likely to be sidelined for about two months. Tulowitzki was placed on the disabled list on May 31. He is hitting .287 this year with eight home runs and 27 RBI. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .E.I. -- Kemy Osse and Kenny Chery had never been on the floor for an ending quite like Saturdays thrilling mens basketball final at the Canada Summer Games. http://herownblog.com/nfl-... . LaPorta had the procedure on Thursday in Nashville, Tenn. The Indians said LaPorta, who spent most of last season at Triple-A Columbus, had a "debridement" of his left hip joint. [url=http://herownblog.com/nfl-jerseys-wholesale.html]Wholesale NFL Jerseys Paypal . -- Defenceman Aaron Ekblads strong showing at the 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge has solidified his standing as a player to watch. Wholesale NFL Jerseys For Cheap . -- Dasan Sydora turned aside all 29 shots he faced as the Red Deer Rebels blanked the Saskatoon Contacts 2-0 on Saturday in Telus Cup semifinal action.Alex Rodriguez will be on the bench on Friday afternoon when the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles play a winner take all showdown at Yankee Stadium with a trip to the ALCS on the line. Game 3 hero Raul Ibanez will be in the New York lineup as designated hitter while Eric Chavez plays third base. Rodriguez struggled in the first four games and is just 2-for-16 with nine strikeouts in the series. Hes not the only one, though, as Curtis Granderson (1-for-16), Cano (2-for-18) and Nick Swisher (2-for-15) have all failed in big spots. "Were obviously frustrated after having several situations to do some damage," Rodriguez said Thursday. After a crushing extra-inning loss on Wednesday, Baltimore staved off elimination in Game 4 on Thursday, as J.J. Hardys RBI double in the 13th inning lifted the Orioles to a 2-1 victory. The hit made a winner of Pedro Strop (1-0), who allowed one hit and struck out two over two scoreless innings of relief. "Its an honor to be in Game 5 with them," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. "You knew all along that the road to where we want to try to get is going to have to pass through there and here." Nate McLouth hit his first career postseason homer in the win, while Jim Johnson pitched a perfect 13th to record his second save of the series. Johnson, of course, served up a game-tying home run to Raul Ibanez in the ninth inning of Wednesdays 12-inning setback. David Phelps (0-1) surrendered the deciding run to take the loss. Robinson Cano knocked in the lone run for New York, which hit 0-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base. "Its playoff baseball and the games are extremely tight. Usually the difference in these games is one hit. That basically has been the difference," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Its been very good pitching. They controlled the bats for the most part, and its come down to one hit." The Yankees are shooting for their third trip to the ALCS in the last four years, while Baltimore hasnt advanced past the first round since 1997. New York should have an edge on Friday with lefty CC Sabathia on the hill. Sabathia was brilliant in his Game 1 win, allowing two runs and eight hiits in 8 2/3 innings. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping. He also struck out seven and walked a batter in his third straight win overall. "Its time to go," Sabathia said late Thursday night. "This is a one-game playoff and this is what we play for. Were here in the Bronx, at home, and like I said, Ill be excited and ready to go." Sabathia is 6-1 with a 3.29 ERA in 11 playoff starts with New York, but has pitched to a 4.56 ERA in 17 career postseason outings. Baltimore, meanwhile, will counter with righty Jason Hammel, who also pitched well in Game 1. Hammel did not factor in the decision, but surrendered two runs and four hits with four walks in 5 2/3 innings. "Its obviously an honor to be the one toeing the slab," said Hammel, who allowed two runs in 5 2/3 innings against the Yankees on Sunday. "But its been a team effort to get here ... Were very confident that we can go ahead and win one more. "It is all or nothing, but theres no reason to pressure ourselves anymore. Weve done this a million times this year. It seems like weve played these guys to a one run game every time out. Its really nothing new." This will be his fifth start this season against the Yankees, who have managed just three runs over their last 10 2/3 innings against Hammel. Showalter may need a big effort from Hammel on Friday, as Os relievers have thrown 11 1/3 innings over past two games. Including San Francisco and Detroits wins on Thursday, there have been 18 Division Series Game 5s and 11 have been won by the road team. Six of those 11 wins have come in the AL. Of the last 13 opening-round series to go to a Game 5, the home team has won only three of those contests The Yankees know that stat all too well, as they dropped a decisive fifth game at home last year to Detroit. They are also 5-4 all-time in best-of-five Game 5s. The Tigers, of course, won a Game 5 of their own on Wednesday and will play the winner of Fridays game in Game 1 of the ALCS on Saturday. The Orioles and Yankees are certainly no strangers to one another and in addition to splitting 18 regular season meetings this season, these teams also met in the 1996 ALCS, a series won by New York, but one that was made famous by the Jeffrey Maier catch. New York won that series in five games. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes