Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

But there needs to be a mutual desire for that to ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

But there needs to be a mutual desire for that to happen

Started by xiaosongtiga, 2013/07/31 10:25AM
Latest post: 2013/07/31 10:25AM, Views: 380, Posts: 1
But there needs to be a mutual desire for that to happen
#1   2013/07/31 10:25AM
xiaosongtiga
Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Mike Minor retired the final 13 batters he faced and the Braves made a pair of early runs hold up in a 2-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. Wholesale NFL Authentic Jerseys . Minor (6-7) tied a season-high with nine strikeouts over eight innings and snapped a personal two-start winless skid. In this last three appearances, the left-hander has given up just four earned runs covering 21 innings. Jason Heyward and Chipper Jones each knocked in a run, as Atlanta won its fourth in a row. Chase Utley homered in the fourth inning, but he was caught looking at strike three from Craig Kimbrel to end the game. Kimbrel locked down his 30th save. The Phillies, who had just four hits and none after the fourth inning, have lost two straight following a four-game winning streak. Joe Blanton (8-9), making his 100th start in a Phillies uniform, surrendered four hits and the two runs over seven frames. The right-hander also had seven strikeouts. The Braves scored in the opening inning thanks in part to some shoddy defense. Martin Prado and Heyward singled with one out to place runners at the corners. Jones then sent a fly ball to right-center field and Shane Victorino threw to first in an attempt to double off Heyward, but nobody was covering the base because Ryan Howard moved over to possibly cut off a throw home. Prado scored easily. Michael Bourn singled leading off the bottom of the third, went to second on a groundout, and scored on Heywards single to right when the ball deflected off Utley, who was playing in shallow right on the shift. Utley homered to right-center with one out in the fourth. Hunter Pence singled with two outs, but Minor was simply spot-on after that, not allowing a base runner the rest of the way. It was an off night for Howard, who not only went 0-for-3 with a pair of strikeouts. He also committed an error by dropping a throw from Blanton on a supposed easy groundout in the seventh inning. In the following frame, the Phillies had Prado picked off, but he took second when Howards throw to Jimmy Rollins went to the opposite side of second base. Game Notes Prior to Saturday, Victorino had gone 273 straight games without committing an error. His last one came Aug. 14, 2010 against the Mets...Minors eight innings equaled a career-best...Atlanta has taken six of eight from Philadelphia so far this season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . Harper thought it was one of two things: "I was thinking I was going down because Rizzo and everybody was over there or the All-Star game," he said. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China .Y. -- Yes, Vince Young is comfortable with his role in Buffalo as Ryan Fitzpatricks backup. http://herownblog.com/wh... . Vikings tight end John Carlson missed Minnesotas game against Tampa Bay on Thursday night because of concussionlike symptoms that appeared to result from Johnsons block during a punt. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-nfl-jerseys-china/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Andrew Harris will be one of the exceptions. After beginning the season as an afterthought on special teams, Harris will start for the B. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Supply . Monfils, who was sidelined for several months this year with knee problems, lost in the first round of the Swedish Open on Tuesday to Patrik Rosenholm, who is ranked 436th. ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Magic say they havent committed to honouring Dwight Howards latest trade demand. New Orlando general manager Rob Hennigan said Monday that Howard told him in a meeting last week that he would like to be traded, but Hennigan said he has not committed to honouring that demand. He said will keep communication lines open between both the All-Star and his agent. Its exactly the scenario the Magic wanted to avoid -- for a second time. Howard listed several teams last season that he wanted to be traded to, but on the day of the trading deadline he committed to the Magic for the 2012-13 season. Magic CEO Alex Martins has said previously that the organization will not enter next season with Howards situation unresolved. Orlando was looking to sign Howard to a long-term deal, however, now that Howard has had his first, face-to-face sit down with the Magics new general manager, the All-Star centre made it clear he still very much wants out of Orlando. Hennigan said that having Howard single out one team, the Brooklyn Nets, as a desired destination does complicate any potential trade scenarios, but for now, there is no immediate move the Magic to make following the sit down. "As I told Dwight, I said I dont know. I have to think about what youre telling me. I want to take some time to process everything," Hennigan said of the meeting. "And the answer is we want to map out whats in the best interest of our team. And any decision that at decide going forward with will be one that we feel puts our team in a position to be successful and move forward." Howard told Yahoo Sports Monday that he wont sign long-term with another team if the Magic decide to trade him to somewhere other than Brooklyn. "Theres only one team on my list and if I dont get traded there, Ill play the season out and explore my free agency after that," Howard said. Howard also vigorously denied an ESPN report that he was claiming that the Magic blackmailed him at the trade deadline to give up the opt-out provision in his contract that would have allowed him to become a free-agent this summer. Howard asked to be traaded last season, and then opted-in for 2012-2013 -- forgoing becoming a free agent this summer.dddddddddddd "I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. "I never said that. Its defamatory and its inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate." Hennigan also said the charge was never levied by Howard. "In terms of his health, I think what I can tell you is that Dwights rehabilitation process is progressing in the right direction," he said. "I do not believe his health will be an issue going forward." Hennigan reiterated that beyond sharing Dwights request, he wants the discussions beyond that to remain private at this time in order as a matter of trust between himself and Howard. "Thats my plan with Dwight and with whoever we talk to on our roster...I would leave it to Dwight to share with Dwight any details he wants to share about the conversation," Hennigan said. "But again, out of respect for the trust and privacy Im trying to build Im not really going to talk about what else we discussed." Aside from Howard, the Magic are facing other lingering free agency questions surrounding career-long Magic players Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick, and reigning league most improved player Ryan Anderson. Nelson told the Magic last week that he would opt out of the final year and nearly $8 million of his contract and test free agency. Redick is due $6.1 million next year in the final season of his deal, but the team can get out of that if they waive him by July 7. Anderson is a restricted free agent, though the Magic extended a qualifying offer to the third-year forward last week. It allows the team to match any offer he receives on the open market this summer. Hennigan said that they will take their time this week making a decision on Redick and still hope to keep Nelson next year. "My hope is that he remains in Orlando and in a Magic uniform," he said of Nelson. "But there needs to be a mutual desire for that to happen." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes