Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s in a 4-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s in a 4-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night. Arencibia, who is batting .242 with 16 home runs and 50 RBIs in 81 games,

Started by minli, 2013/07/30 11:03AM
Latest post: 2013/07/30 11:03AM, Views: 368, Posts: 1
s in a 4-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night. Arencibia, w...
#1   2013/07/30 11:03AM
minli
CHARLOTTE, N. .C. -- Ryan Kalil believes the Carolina Panthers will win the Super Bowl this season -- and he put his money where his mouth is to prove it. The Panthers three-time Pro Bowl centre took out a full page advertisement in the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday boldly declaring fans will be rewarded for their unwavering support with a "one hundred-per cent, sterling silver victory -- the Lombardi Trophy. And it reads: Carolina Panthers, Super Bowl XLVII champions." Thats a bold prediction, particularly for a team coming off a 6-10 season that hasnt won a playoff game since 2005. But Kalil believes in his teammates. In the 178-word letter to fans Kalil said something special is happening in Carolina. "There is a sense of urgency, a winning attitude that I havent seen before," Kalil wrote. "Fans will see it in the way that we play." Kalil received support for his decision to go public with his prediction from his teammates, as well as coach Ron Rivera. "If we dont have 53 guys with the same attitude walking in that building then we have to find 53 guys that do," Rivera said. "What he did is he put how he feels out there. And I think thats great." Rivera didnt try to downplay Kalils comments at all. "Im right behind him and I feel the same way," said Rivera, now in his second season with the Panthers. "In fact, Im stepping out in front and saying the same thing. This is a group of men that if they understand and work hard and put it on themselves, who knows, the sky can be the limit." Panthers linebacker Jon Beason said when he saw ad he snapped a picture on his phone and immediately put it out on Twitter. "I loved what he did," Beason said. Beason said the key this year will be to make big strides on defence, a unit that finished 27th in the league last season. "Watching what took place last year, especially on the offensive side of the ball, I think were really close," Beason said. "Defence we have to get guys healthy and I think we have more maturity out there this year, which will help us. I dont think we can do worse than last year on defence." Defensive end Charles Johnson backed Kalil, too. "I agree with him," Johnson said. "People dont say it publicly, but I agree with him. Its all good with me. We have the potential. We have everything we need to win it." Rivera said he doesnt believe the advertisement puts a target on the Panthers chest. "No, because everybody else believes the same thing," Rivera said. "(Kalil) just said it. If you ask all 32 teams, their attitude has to be that. You have to believe that. If you dont you wont work as hard as you should." Beason said he welcomes the pressure. "The pressure is great. I love pressure," Beason said. "A lot of times you are doing what youre doing and you get comfortable because you get into a routine. So when you get challenged for something, I like that. Pressure is an opportunity to do something great." Rivera said hes been around bold predictions before. When he was a linebacker with the Chicago Bears, Rivera remembers coach Mike Ditka making a similar comment to his players prior to training camp. "Mike came in his first year and told everybody I have good news and bad news. The good news is were going to the Super Bowl. The bad news is some of you arent going," Rivera said. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-derek-hagan-jersey-s... Hagan Jersey . Kendrick pitched effectively for 6 2-3 innings and Jimmy Rollins drove in a pair of runs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-2 victory over the Washington Nationals on Friday night. .J. Burnetts mind as he made his dramatic push for a no-hitter. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-vincent-jackson-jers... . The 23-year-old put on an impressive display in the decathlon, coming up just short of the podium with a fifth overall finish with 8,442 points in his first Olympic Games appearance. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-mike-alstott-jersey-... Alstott Jersey . Atletico dominated fellow Spanish rival Valencia at Vicente Calderon Stadium in one of the 2010 champions finest performances under coach Diego Simeone that featured Radamel Falcao netting his 31st and 32nd goals of the season. "Of course I am happy for the goals, but the important thing is that we won in such a commanding fashion," Falcao said. . Forwards Sam Gagner, Linus Omark and Chris VandeVelde along with defenceman Theo Peckham, Jeff Petry and Alex Plante, and goalie Devan Dubnyk were all extended offers. TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays have reinstated catcher J.P. Arencibia and third baseman Brett Lawrie from the disabled list. But the Jays revolving door of injuries continued with the team putting starting pitcher J.A. Happ on the 15-day DL with a fractured right foot. The move was made retroactive to Sept. 4 and ends Happs season. The lefthander was scheduled to start against the Boston Red Sox on Saturday night, but manager John Farrell said before Friday nights series opener that an MRI and a CAT scan showed the fracture after X-rays were negative. Farrell said he wasnt sure how the injury occurred. Happ had been a solid starter since being obtained on July 20 in a 10-player trade with the Houston Astros. He was 3-2 with a 4.46 ERA and 446 strikeouts in 40 1-3 innings with Toronto. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-darrelle-revis-jerse... Revis Jersey. In his last start, Happ struck out nine in five innings in a 4-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night. Arencibia, who is batting .242 with 16 home runs and 50 RBIs in 81 games, has been out since July with a fractured hand. Lawrie, a native of Langely, B.C., suffered an oblique strain in August that placed him on the 15-day disabled list. Hes batting .282 this season with nine homers, 40 RBIs and 20 doubles. The Jays also recalled three players from the minor leagues ahead of Fridays game in Boston. Infielder-catcher Yan Gomes and reliever David Carpenter were called up from triple-A Las Vegas, while reliever Joel Carreno returned from double-A New Hampshire. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes