Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hard. "I didnt have a problem with the effort or a...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hard. "I didnt have a problem with the effort or anything. We played hard, but it wasnt our game in a lot of ways. It was just one of those things wher

Started by minli, 2013/07/29 04:02AM
Latest post: 2013/07/29 04:02AM, Views: 401, Posts: 1
hard. "I didnt have a problem with the effort or anything. We played h...
#1   2013/07/29 04:02AM
minli
By virtue of signing a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet with the Philadelphia Flyers, restricted free agent Shea Weber has made it clear he wants out of Nashville. . The Predators have until next Wednesday to match the monstrous deal or accept four first-round draft picks and begin trying to fill the cavernous holes left by the departure of its top-two star defencemen. General manager David Poile and the Predators were given a heads up that Weber would be signing an offer sheet and were given the chance to make a trade before the process was completed. Several other NHL teams made a pitch for the First Team All-Star, but the stakes proved too high. The Flyers upped the ante on the offer sheet when it became clear that young stars Sean Couturier and Brayden Schenn had to be included in a trade being discussed with the Predators. At that point, the game changed and the Flyers launched their attack in the form of a 14-year mega-deal that will pay Weber $68 million in bonus money in the first six years of the contract. Now the Predators are faced with a huge financial gamble. With the threat of a work stoppage looming, Weber will collect a minimum of $26 million in the next 11 months. Thats a staggering amount of money for any team to absorb with so much uncertainty. But for the Predators - largely a budget-tight team – that hit them both in the short-term and long-term. That said, this deal might not make sense. But as difficult as it might be for Nashvilles ownership to match, the Predators franchise value will take another hit if its captain leaves. Its not a stretch to suggest this predicament and pending decision may heavily impact both David Poiles future with the Predators, as well as his teams ability to lure players to the Music City in the future. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-paul-hornung-jersey-ms-... Hornung Jersey . Manager Buck Showalter said before Mondays game at Minnesota that Andino will be placed on the 15-day disabled list, and the team will recall left-hander Zach Britton to make Tuesdays start against the Twins. .ca! Hey Kerry, Ive been watching L.A.s run through the playoffs and it is remarkable what theyve been able to do. My only issue with their game is Dustin Browns embellishments along the way. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jeff-saturday-jersey-gy... . -- Bob Myers slides into a booth at a swanky restaurant on the second floor of the downtown Oakland Marriott, skims over the menu and smiles about his coming order. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tim-masthay-jersey-sp-6... Masthay Jersey . The fourth-seeded Ferrer had a 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 victory over No. 16 Kei Nishikori. Ferrer, who advanced to his fifth straight Grand Slam quarterfinal, broke Nishikori 7-of-11 times. . -- Jim Calhoun retired as Connecticuts basketball coach Thursday, closing a 26-year career at the school with thanks to everyone who helped him turn UConn from an athletic backwater into a national power that won three national titles.NASHVILLE -- Edmontons Ales Hemsky celebrated his 550th NHL game in a big way, scoring three times for his first hat trick. Hemsky scored once in the first period and twice in the second as the Oilers beat the Nashville Predators 6-3 on Tuesday night. He added an assist on the final goal of the game. "The last time I had a hat trick was as a junior player," Hemsky said. "It was a different type of hockey." His third goal was on a breakaway against Anders Lindback at 14:03 of the second. "I was a little nervous on that third goal," Hemsky said. "I kind of panicked a little bit but I got lucky. "Thats hockey. You just have to stay with it and hope for the best. This game everything was going for me so I was happy about it." Hemsky, with nine goals and 25 assists this season, is known more for his passing than his shooting. Oilers coach Tom Renney was surprised that Hemsky had never scored three goals in an NHL game. "I cant believe that," Renney said. "That is amazing. I hope he has many more. He is more of a passer, there are no two ways about that. He is as unselfish a guy as we have." The Oilers managed only 20 shots. Hemsky, who led with four, added an assist on Sam Gagners goal. "He was on his toes," Renney said. "He was really skating. He was proactive with and without the puck. Good things usually follow players like that around." Hemskys accomplishment overshadowed Devan Dubnyks outstanding performance in goal. He stopped 41 of 44 shots including 18 of 19 in the third period. "Devan was outstanding," Renney said. "We had a problem with puck management, and Devan was there and square. He became even more competitive as the game went on. That is what we need from our goaltending. "You could tell by the way Nashville pumped shots on goal in the third period that we had to have good goaltending, certainly beyond what we had done prior to that. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-james-starks-jersey-wi-... Starks Jersey. " Darcy Hordichuk opened the scoring for Edmonton with his first goal of the season at 12:50 of the first period. Ryan Jones added a power-play goal at 5:51 of the second. Gagner closed out the scoring for Edmonton with an empty-net goal with 1:41 remaining. The Oilers chased goalie Pekka Rinne from the game 28 seconds into the second period, after Hemskys second goal. Rinne allowed three goals on seven shots. Lindback stopped 10 of 12 shots, including all five he faced in the third. David Legwand scored two goals for the Predators, for his fourth multiple-goal game of the season. He broke the shutout with seven seconds to go in the first period and struck again at 4:18 of the third. Patric Hornqvist, who leads the Predators with 24 goal, scored on the power play at 12:35 of the second. Predators coach Barry Trotz refused to blame the loss on distractions caused by the anticipated arrival of Alexander Radulov from Russia. Radulov is expected to practice with the team on Wednesday and make his season debut with Nashville at Pittsburgh on Thursday. The loss marked the second time this season the Predators have given up six goals to Edmonton in a loss. "I think we didnt lose focus," Trotz said. "Our guys understood the situation and they played hard. "I didnt have a problem with the effort or anything. We played hard, but it wasnt our game in a lot of ways. It was just one of those things where we couldnt get a bounce or a save, and thats going to happen sometimes." NOTES: Hordichuk hadnt scored a goal since Nov. 6, 2010 at Carolina. ... Nashvilles Gabriel Bourque assisted on Legwands goal, giving him two assists in his last two games. ... Nashvilles power play has scored six goals in six games. ... Martin Erat has a five-game point streak for Nashville with two goals and six assists. ... Jeff Petry had two assists for Edmonton. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes