Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

r - Country Music Talk Forum. - Country Music For...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

r

Started by minli, 2013/07/28 10:29AM
Latest post: 2013/07/28 10:29AM, Views: 407, Posts: 1
r
#1   2013/07/28 10:29AM
minli
MIAMI -- Tennessee Titans linebacker Colin McCarthy rose slowly after a violent hit and wobbled as he left the field. Eli Manning Jersey . Three plays later he was back in the game and in the end zone, celebrating a 49-yard interception return for a touchdown. McCarthy and his teams embattled defence bounced back Sunday, when their four takeaways led to 20 points and helped the Titans beat the Miami Dolphins 37-3. The Titans came into the game on pace to set an NFL record for points allowed in a season, but they stymied Miami by intercepting passes by Ryan Tannehill three times and recovering a fumble by Reggie Bush to set up a touchdown. "It was a huge win," Titans coach Mike Munchak said. "It was exactly what we needed." Tennessee (4-6) rebounded from a 51-20 defeat a week ago against the Bears that prompted owner Bud Adams to put the organization on notice. The Titans trailed that game 28-2 after one quarter; this week they led 21-0 after 16 minutes. For the Dolphins, the loss was their most lopsided at home since 1968, and their worst anywhere since January 2000. "I didnt really see signs of this coming," coach Joe Philbin said. "Obviously we need to do better, and it starts with me." Two benchings by Philbin failed to shake the Dolphins (4-5) out of their malaise. Bush spent most of the first half on the sideline after his early fumble, and guard Richie Incognito sat briefly after committing a costly personal foul penalty. "It was a dumb mistake on my part," Incognito said. "I was benched, and I deserved it," Bush said. "If Im a coach, I would have benched myself too." With 20 minutes left, the stands were two-thirds empty, and the only remaining drama was whether Chris Johnson would become the first rusher to gain 100 yards against Miami in the past 23 games. He reached the milestone late in the third period and finished with 126 yards in 23 carries and one score. Tannehills six-week streak without an interception ended at 107 passes when Akeem Ayers deflected a throw to McCarthy, who sprinted along the sideline to score for a 21-0 lead. McCarthy had just returned to the game after he aggravated a lingering ankle injury. "I just needed to settle down a little bit," he said. "I got turned a little bit. I just had to take a couple plays off, but I got back in there." Tannehill went 23 for 39 but had a passer rating of only 42.4. What did the rookie learn? "Dont throw it to the other team," Philbin said. Jake Locker, back after missing five games with a dislocated non-throwing shoulder, went only 9 of 21 for 122 yards but threw for touchdowns covering 9 yards to Kendall Wright and 26 yards to Jared Cook. Locker also ran for three first downs and helped Tennessee convert nine of 18 third- and fourth-down situations. The Titans didnt commit a turnover after totalling five a week ago, while they had an interception from each starting linebacker -- McCarthy, Ayers and Zach Brown. "That was fun to see," Munchak said. The tone was established early, when Jason McCourty recovered a fumble by Bush at the Dolphins 28, and Tennessee converted the turnover into a touchdown. "Our defence put us in some good situations all day," Locker said. "It wasnt pretty at times, but we found ways to move the chains." The Titans even transformed pratfalls into big plays. Locker tripped as he dropped back to pass and fell 10 yards behind the line, then rose and scrambled to transform the broken play into a 20-yard gain. Four snaps later, Locker converted a fourth down with another scramble, and Johnson then scored on a 17-yard run for a 14-0 lead. Ayers made his first career interception to set up a field goal for a 24-3 halftime lead. There was no letup in the second half by the Titans, who opened the third period with an eight-minute, 85-yard touchdown drive. "It was embarrassing, to say the least," Miami defensive end Cameron Wake said. "Theres no explanation, no excuse." NOTES: Tennessees Rob Bironas set a franchise record for most consecutive extra points without a miss, breaking Al Del Grecos mark. Bironas has made 232 in a row. ... The loss was the worst at home for the Dolphins since they were beaten in their third season 48-3 by Kansas City. ... The Titans trimmed their defensive scoring average from 34.2 points per game to 31.1. Theyre no longer on an NFL-record pace. ... Tennessee played volleyball in the first quarter when Kenny Britt and Wright dropped the same pass. Jason Pierre-Paul Autographed Jersey . -- Sixth-ranked Florida State hasnt played its second game of the season yet and has already lost two key defensive players for the year. Jason Pierre-Paul Jersey . 2 in the world rankings. Kvitova raced to a 5-0 lead in the first set, but Azarenka rallied to level it at 5-5. The Czech player finally converted her fifth set point when Azarenkas forehand sailed out. http://giantsjerseys.ucigreeks.com/[/ur... . -- Already No. 1 in the world, Luke Donald now is No. [url=http://giantsjerseys.ucigreeks.com/]Jason Pierre-Paul Signed Jersey . Rory McIlroy Rory McIlroy had a great start to the season and then seemingly hit a wall in the middle of the year. He went from winning tournaments to missing cuts. Jason Pierre-Paul Womens Jersey . Del Moral, who needed just 20 putts in his third round, completed 54 holes at 17-under-par 199. "It was incredible. I putted beautifully and it gives me a lot of confidence.The trip through the Siouxs continues to be sour for the Winnipeg Goldeyes. The Goldeyes (19-12) only led after the top of the first inning in a 9-4 loss to the Sioux Falls Pheasants (17-14) Tuesday night before 2,149 fans at Sioux Falls Stadium. Winnipeg has now lost five of six games against Sioux Falls and the Sioux City Explorers in the last week and will be out to avoid being swept tomorrow. The Goldeyes have avoided being swept twice this season, including Sunday in Sioux City. Jon Weber singled in Chris Roberson, who reached on a double, in the top of the first inning for Winnipeg, but the Pheasants scored twice in the bottom of the inning to a 2-1 lead. Winnipeg tallied a run in the fourth inning, but Trevor Lawhorn hit a three-run homer for the Pheasants in the bottom of the inning and Sioux Falls had a 5-2 lead they wouldnt relinquish. Down 6-2 in the seventh inning, Dan Barbero hit a two-run home run to bring the Goldeyes back to within two runs. Victor Cruz Signed Jersey. However, Sioux Falls tallied three runs in the bottom of the frame to wipe out Winnipegs momentum and secure the win. Yurendell de Caster went four-for-four at the plate and scored a run to lead the Goldeyes at the dish. Winnipeg killed rallies or a chance to add to its run total by grounding into three double plays, which matched a season-high. Goldeyes starter Chris Salamida went just three and two-thirds innings and allowed five runs to take the loss. Alan DeRatt allowed all four Goldeyes runs, but the Sioux Falls starter gets his second win of the season. Winnipegs lead atop the North Division is down to just two games over the Pheasants. The final game of three-game series goes tomorrow afternoon at 12:00 p.m. Matt Rusch (3-1, 2.15) gets the start for Winnipeg, while Sioux Falls is scheduled to counter with lefty Mitchell Clegg (2-1, 4.59). The pre-game show in TSN 1290 with Paul Edmonds begins at 11:30 a.m. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes