Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

g his left hip, Fitzpatrick has also been more acc...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

g his left hip, Fitzpatrick has also been more accurate in completing deep passes t

Started by minli, 2013/07/27 10:48AM
Latest post: 2013/07/27 10:48AM, Views: 354, Posts: 1
g his left hip, Fitzpatrick has also been more accurate in completing ...
#1   2013/07/27 10:48AM
minli
BARCELONA, Spain -- Cameroon midfielder Alex Song signed a five-year contract with Barcelona on Monday, bringing an end to his time with Premier League club Arsenal. Robert Griffin III Signed Jersey . Song posed for the traditional photo in front of the clubs insignia before passing a medical examination and meeting with Barcelona President Sandro Rosell. "Im very happy to be here because everyone knows that this is the best team in the world," said Song. "I always wanted to play for Barca, with Cesc Fabregas, (Lionel) Messi and (Andres) Iniesta. It is a great day for me." Song was brought in to replace Seydou Keita, who played a limited, but important role in providing Barcelona with a more physical presence in midfield. "I want to fight for a place on the team," Song said. The Spanish club paid Arsenal C19 million ($23.4 million) for Song. Arsenal sold striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United earlier this week for 24 million pounds ($38 million). Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova said he was impressed with Songs versatility. "(Song) can provide us with a lot of things. Hes very good, he recovers the ball well and then can do good things with it," said Vilanova, who sees Song sharing time with Sergio Busquets as a defensive midfielder alongside the more attack-minded Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez. "Busquets cant play every game of the season so Song will be a great addition," he said. "And he can also play in the centre of the defence. With him well have more alternatives (because) he can play in three different positions." Song is Barcelonas second signing this summer after defender Jordi Alba, who joined from Valencia. Barcelona thrashed Real Sociedad 5-1 in its Spanish league opener on Sunday. On Thursday, Barcelona hosts Real Madrid in the first leg of the Spanish Supercup. RG3 Signed Jersey . -- The Chicago Bears will not know until at least Thursday and possibly Friday whether quarterback Jay Cutler will play against the Minnesota Vikings this weekend. Robert Griffin III Jersey . Presley injured himself while attempting to make a diving catch in Tuesdays 8-7 victory over Houston. Presley stayed in the game briefly before complaining of neck pain and whiplash. http://redskinsjerseys.ucigreeks.com/... . Last year this was the leagues best offence and knowing what we know now, the leagues most vicious defence. [url=http://redskinsjerseys.ucigreeks.com/]Alfred Morris Womens Jersey . The same thing happened after seasons in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2010. One day after another dismal, double-digit loss season ended, the Browns fired coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert, the initial off-season moves by new owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner, who intend to put a stop to the franchises never-ending cycle of change. Alfred Morris Jersey . After finalizing a $10 million, two-year contract with Kevin Correia on Thursday, general manager Terry Ryan acknowledged theres no guarantee the right-hander will strengthen the group. Ryan said hes still looking for candidates after casting a wide net at last weeks winter meetings.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- For all he might have gotten out of a Harvard education, Buffalo Bills starter Ryan Fitzpatrick is quick to acknowledge his Ivy League limitations when it comes developing as a quarterback. "You guys have seen me throw," Fitzpatrick said with a self-deprecating wink, referring to whats an essentially self-taught style that relies as much on guile, determination and hope as it might on accuracy, mechanics and technique. "I just go out there and throw. Thats what Ive done my whole life." The unorthodox methods and his gunslinger approach have been good enough to get Fitzpatrick this far. The seventh-round draft pick, now on his third team, has carved out a seven-year career in which hes preparing to open his second consecutive season as the Bills unquestioned starter. That, and the lucrative five-year contract extension Fitzpatrick signed last year, doesnt mean theres no room for improvement. "My approach to this game has always been so mental in trying to be the guy that puts our team in the best position to win," Fitzpatrick said. "I knew I had a long way to go with my mechanics. I just didnt know how to find that person or how to improve at it." The Bills believe theyve found him in David Lee, their new quarterbacks coach. Lee, with his 38 years of coaching experience, and Fitzpatrick have been tied at the hip on the field since the team opened voluntary practices last week. And theyve spent long hours in the film room going over tape of Fitzpatricks throws. "Nobodys really ever taught me how to do it," Fitzpatrick said. "So now for a guy to come in and say, This is why youre missing that throw, hes going to be a very big help for me this year." Lee arrived in Buffalo after a year serving as offensive co-ordinator/quarterbacks coach at Mississippi. Though hes more familiar with coaching at the college level, hes spent time in the NFL and is best known for re-introducing the wildcat formation with the Miami Dolphins in 2008. Hes also earned a reputation for mentoring quarterbacks. He sparked Tony Romos development with the Dallas Cowboys. Last year, Lee earned praise in helping improve Eli Mannings technique in working with New York Giants star during the NFL lockout. Now he turns his attention to Fitzpatrick, whoo is coming off an inconsistent season and in need of a crash course on mechanics and technique. Authentic Robert Griffin III Jersey. Fitzpatrick got off to a great start last year in helping Buffalo win five of its first seven games. His production then tailed off significantly the rest of the season in which Buffalo lost eight of its final nine. Though Fitzpatricks 3,832 yards passing were the most in Buffalo since Drew Bledsoe in 2002, Fitzpatrick finished with nearly as many interceptions (23) as he did touchdowns (24). To Lee, Fitzpatrick has all the tools -- confidence, toughness, mobility and plenty of arm strength -- to succeed at this level. Its just a matter of smoothing out the rough edges. "We might have a little bit more extensive work to do with him than some others, but all of them -- everybody -- they all need to have their fundamentals critiqued," Lee said. "A pro athlete, if theyre smart and have a lot of talent, theyll improve really fast. And hes doing that right now. But hes not where hes going to be." Lees approach is meticulous, perhaps bordering on obsessive, in focusing on every aspect of what a quarterback does -- from footwork to timing to the position of a players hips -- from the moment the ball is snapped. And he has an assortment of props to help get his message across. During individual drills Tuesday, he had quarterbacks throwing passes over a 7 1/2 foot high mesh screen to a receiver 15 yards down field to simulate how to avoid getting balls knocked down at the line. The work is already showing signs of paying off. Lees impressed by how quickly Fitzpatrick adjusted his throwing motion to hit a receivers back shoulder -- something Fitzpatrick had been inconsistent with. By opening his left hip, Fitzpatrick has also been more accurate in completing deep passes to his left -- something most right-handed quarterbacks struggle with. Running back C.J. Spiller has noticed, interrupting an interview with Fitzpatrick to say: "Ill tell you what, No. 14s looking great out there." Fitzpatrick has seen a big difference, too. "Being able to go out there and repeat it over again, and to see success from it and see some consistency developing, thats big for me," Fitzpatrick said. "My accuracy is light years ahead of where it was last year." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes