Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d Club, the famed site of the Wimbledon - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d Club, the famed site of the Wimbledon

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/22 09:58PM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 09:58PM, Views: 420, Posts: 1
d Club, the famed site of the Wimbledon
#1   2013/07/22 09:58PM
fengzhu
PITTSBURGH -- Jeff Samardzija knew about the reports that had his teammate and friend Ryan Dempster on the verge of being traded to the Atlanta Braves as he got ready to take the mound Monday night for the Chicago Cubs. Cheap Jerseys From China . Samardzija, however, had no problem keeping his focus, giving up one hit over eight innings, and Alfonso Soriano hit two run-scoring doubles as the Cubs cooled off the Pittsburgh Pirates 2-0. "I could give you a long list of things that (Dempster) has done to help me become a major league pitcher," Samardzija said. "Hes been a great teammate and a great friend and we all love his veteran presence on a young pitching staff. However, trades and things are out of our control." Dempster, from Gibsons, B.C., was still in a Cubs uniform Monday night despite reports that the team had agreed to a trade that would send him to Atlanta. The pitcher declined comment and Cubs assistant general manager Randy Bush said: "There is nothing to report." Dempster has the right to refuse any deal. A message posted Monday on the Twitter account for Dempsters foundation read: "THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!" Dempster is 5-4 with a major league-best 2.11 ERA in 15 starts, making him one of the most attractive pitchers on the market before the July 31 deadline for making trades without waivers. His contract expires after this season, and the fifth-place Cubs entered Monday 18 games below .500. Samardzija pitched like an ace on Monday, though, as the only hit he allowed was a fourth-inning infield single to Andrew McCutchen, the major leagues leading hitter with a .373 average. The ball ricocheted off Samardzija. "McCutchen is really fast and your first reaction is to stop after taking a couple of steps toward the bag if you feel you have no chance," said Samardzija in explaining why he was late to cover first base as McCutchen easily beat first baseman Anthony Rizzos throw. "I would have hated if had cost us a no-hitter, though. Well probably have (pitchers fielding practice) every day for a month after that." Samardzija (7-8) struck out five and walked one in ending Pittsburghs five-game winning streak. He was pulled after throwing 99 pitches as Cubs manager Dale Sveum decided to not to give the 27-year-old a shot at his first career complete game. "I know hes not on my Christmas list but I wasnt letting him go back out there after sitting for 27 minutes," Sveum said. "I couldnt let that happen. I know Im not on his Christmas list because of it but hes in his first (major league) season as a starter and were not going to overextend him." Samardzija smiled when asked if he might still buy Sveum a present in December. "Hes off my list for tonight but thats all," Samardzija said. "(Sveum) has been great all year. He has all our backs and I know hes looking out for my best interests." Soriano provided two big one-out hits, scoring Starlin Castro both times, as Chicago ended its 28-inning scoreless streak that stretched to the second inning of last Fridays game at St. Louis. The Cardinal completed the sweep with two shutouts. "It was a bad weekend for all of us, so it was nice to get going in the right direction again," Soriano said. McCutchen, who walked in the first inning, was the only Pirate to reach base until Josh Harrison led off the ninth inning with an infield single off closer Carlos Marmol, who retired the next three hitters for his 12th save. "Sometimes you just get shut down," McCutchen said. "Its happens to the best of teams and it happens to the worst of teams," Sorianos double to centre in the fourth inning off Erik Bedard (5-11) came after Castro drew a leadoff walk. In the eighth, Soriano doubled to right-centre off Tony Watson after Castro led off with a single. Bedard, from Ottawa, allowed one earned run and two hits in seven innings while walking two and striking out 11. "Boy, he got into a rhythm sometime between the second and third inning," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said of Bedard. "It was fun to watch him go to work, too, with the fastball-curveball-changeup combination. But the breaking ball became very effective, so a very well-pitched game by both starters, very well-pitched." Beside the fourth inning, the Cubs had just two baserunners against Bedard. Reed Johnson walked to lead off the game and Geovany Soto hit a two-out single in the seventh inning. Both were left stranded at first base. The Pirates lost for just the fifth time in their last 26 home games. They entered the day a half-game behind Cincinnati in the NL Central. NOTES: Sveum said RHP Matt Garza would "probably not" make his scheduled start Friday against St. Louis. Garza left his start last Saturday at St. Louis after three innings because of cramping in his right biceps. Sveum and Garza both believe a stint on the DL stint will be avoided. ... Chicago LHP Paul Maholm (8-6, 4.09) will face Pittsburgh RHP James McDonald (10-3, 2.93) on Tuesday night. Maholm, who spent the first seven years of his career with the Pirates, is 4-0 with a 0.89 ERA in his last five games, including four starts, while McDonald is on a career-best five-game winning streak. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . This week, they discuss Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz, a tribute to the late Emanuel Steward, the New York Islanders decision to move to Brooklyn and the lack of effort by the B. Cheap Jerseys China . - Two-time tournament champion Jim Furyk, 2012 Players Championship winner Matt Kuchar and 2012 US Open champion Webb Simpson will be among those trying to dethrone defending champion Sean OHair at the US$5. http://cheapjerseys.ucigreeks.com/ . Kevin Frandsen hit one of Philadelphias four solo homers to back Kyle Kendrick, and the Phillies inched closer in the NL playoff race with a 6-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Friday night. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale . "I dont think its the time for armchair coaching," Hall-of-Famer and current player agent Bobby Orr told Beverly Thomson on Canada AM Thursday. Cheap Jerseys USA . The latest to go was eighth-seeded Olga Govortsova, who was beaten by 18-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard 1-6, 6-0, 6-3. Reigning mens tennis Olympic gold medalist Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the upcoming 2012 Games due to physical problems. "I am not in the right physical condition to compete at the London Olympics, and for this reason I will not travel as arranged with the Spanish delegation," said the world No. 3 superstar. Nadal had been set to carry the Spanish flag into Londons Olympic Stadium next week. "I have to think about my teammates, I cannot be an egotist and think about myself here. I have to think about Spanish sport, and that one of my teammates who is better prepared than me can take my place and compete to the best of his ability. "Today is one of the saddest days in my career. Carrying the flag for Spain at the opening ceremony was set to be one of the biggest honors, one of the most special moments for me. For this reason I hope you can understand how difficult it has been for me to take thhis decision. Cheap NFL Jerseys. quot; The 26-year-old Nadal captured his seventh French Open title last month, but was then shocked by little-known Czech Lukas Rosol in a second-round match at Wimbledon a few weeks later in one of the biggest upsets in the history of the sport. The Olympic portion of the 12 Summer Games will be staged at the All England Club, the famed site of the Wimbledon Championships. Nadal captured a gold medal for Spain four years ago in Beijing, beating Chiles Fernando Gonzalez in the final. The 11-time major titlist owns a career "Golden Slam," which is Olympic gold and all four Grand Slam titles. The great Nadal has appeared in five of the last six major finals, going 2-3. The top medal contenders in London will be world No. 1 Wimbledon champion Roger Federer, second-ranked U.S. and Australian Open winner Novak Djokovic, and British favorite, Wimbledon runner-up Andy Murray. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes