Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e and Jets forward Antti Miettinen will a - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e and Jets forward Antti Miettinen will a

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/18 10:27PM
Latest post: 2013/07/18 10:27PM, Views: 334, Posts: 1
e and Jets forward Antti Miettinen will a
#1   2013/07/18 10:27PM
fengzhu
BASTAD, Sweden -- Fifth-seeded Michail Kukushkin of Kazhakhstan was upset in the first round of the Swedish Open on Tuesday, while No. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . 7 Fillipo Volandri of Italy easily advanced in straight sets. Kukushkin lost 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to Spains Daniel Gimeno-Traver, while Volandri beat Swedish wild card Michael Ryderstedt 6-4, 6-2. Ryderstedts exit means there are no more Swedes left in the tournament. Frederico Gil of Portugal also advanced on the clay courts at Bastad Tennis Stadium by outlasting Turkeys Marsel Ilhan 6-4, 1-6, 6-3, while Joao Souza of Brazil beat Argentinas Horacio Zeballos 6-4, 6-2. In other results, Czech player Ivo Minar ousted Spains Roberto Bautista-Agut 7-5, 7-6 (4) and Kazhakhstans Evgeny Korolev beat Thiago Alves of Brazil 6-0, 6-3. Cheap Jerseys . -- Reginas Reuben Ross finished fifth on the mens three-metre to conclude the third stop on the FINA Grand Prix diving circuit Sunday. Cheap Jerseys USA . GOOD NIGHT AND VERY GOOD LUCKWith the desire for immediate judgement becoming more prevalent, thanks to the Interwebs and so on, it was popular early in the 2012 NFL season to question the Indianapolis Colts for drafting Andrew Luck, the consenus No. http://cheapjerseys.ucigreeks.com/ . Numbers Game looks at the deals sending Shane Victorino and Hunter Pence to the National League West. The Dodgers Get: CF Shane Victorino. Victorino, 31, has been a reliable contributor for the Phillies throughout his career, but this years . Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Brothers Justin Upton and B.J. Upton both hit career homer No. 100 on Friday night, just about an hour apart and in different leagues. Cheap NFL Jerseys . There is no timetable for Tulowitzkis return, but he is likely to be sidelined for about two months. Tulowitzki was placed on the disabled list on May 31. He is hitting .287 this year with eight home runs and 27 RBI. WINNIPEG -- Matt Mantler and his friends hung around the MTS Iceplex on Thursday morning, hoping to get autographs and pictures from some of the Winnipeg Jets after they finished practising. But Mantler and his buddies might be waiting a while to see a Jets game. Just a year after Winnipeg hockey fans got their beloved Jets back, a lockout threatens to delay the start of the teams second season. "I guess we could wait one year (if a lockout led to a cancelled season), but the excitement we had last year, now its going to feel like theyre gone again," said the 17-year-old Mantler, who wore a Jets hoodie with Alexander Burmistrovs name on the back. Fans had to wait 15 years for the NHL to return to Winnipeg after the franchise left in 1996 to become the Phoenix Coyotes. The wait ended last year when True North Sports and Entertainment bought the Atlanta Thrashers and relocated them to the Manitoba capital. The Jets easily reached their goal of selling 13,000 season tickets. Some 15,000 grateful fans packed the MTS Centre each game, earning a reputation as one of the loudest crowds in the league. "Were kind of in a unique situation because its only our second season here," Jets forward Bryan Little said after the practice. "I think I feel it worse for the Winnipeg fans because all they want to do is see more hockey and they were so excited and they were so great last year. "They just want to see more of it, and to have this situation I can understand why theyre all frustrated." Little was joined at the practice by 15 other teammates and locally connected pros, including Winnipeg-born New Jersey Devils forward Travis Zajac and his brother, Darcy, whos in New Jerseys system. One of the skaters waiting to soak up the Jets atmosphere as a home player is veteran forward Alexei Ponikarovsky, who signed with the club in the off-season after splitting time with New Jersey and Carolina last season. "When I played against the Jets here with the other teams that I was with last year, the atmosphere in their building is pretty energizing," Ponikarovsky said. "You can see how the city was missing hockey for a while and now that they have a team back, they just cant get enough of it." He wants that experience to continue for the fans and players. "(A lockout) doesnt work for anybody, especially for the fans," said Ponikarovsky, who has a wife and three children aged 10 and under waiting at home in Florida for news of when they can head north. "(Fans) expect the sseason to start. Cheap Jerseys Paypal. Its a lot of things that we have to deal with emotionally and physically. Right now, were just getting ready and, hopefully, were going to get it resolved as soon as we can, but its just one of those things that is probably going to take a little bit of time." On Thursday, commissioner Gary Bettman held a news conference in New York and reiterated that if there is no deal in place by midnight Saturday, the players would be locked out. Fans like Mantler have a hard time wrapping their heads around why billionaire owners and millionaire players cant come to an agreement. "Theres too much money out there that they really shouldnt be taking this long to figure this out," said Mantler, who attended 13 Jets games last season. "Its about the fans, and the fans are how they make their money. I feel that they should just agree on something so that we can watch some hockey." Little can see why many fans have that point of view. "Every player understands why theyre frustrated," he said. "They dont care about all this talk about money, they just want to see hockey. They want to go to games, theyre fans." He said the players are frustrated too. "Its frustrating for us because we want to play and we want to make the fans happy, but at the same time were fighting for what we think is fair," he said. "Thats just how its going to be. Its our jobs. Sometimes fans, they dont see things through our eyes sometimes." Ponikarovsky said negotiations happen in all kinds of businesses and the goal is always a fair settlement. "We have to run the business right and kind of be fair to the owners and the owners be fair to us," he said. "Thats what were trying to accomplish." Ponikarovsky went through the last NHL lockout in 2004-05. After that season was cancelled, he played in Russia. Playing overseas would be an option again if a lockout drags on. Little and Jets forward Antti Miettinen will also look at their options if and when it becomes necessary. Miettinen said there would likely be an opportunity for him to return to Finland to play. "I havent really made any decisions about what to do and when to go and where to go," Miettinen said. "I hope things get sorted pretty quick so I dont have to go anywhere." A lockout could also lead to staff layoffs and pay cuts at NHL clubs. One Jets source said team employees have been told theyll keep their regular hours at full pay -- at least early on in any lockout. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes