Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

onnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

onnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury information factually and accurately as

Started by amy11, 2013/07/16 09:08AM
Latest post: 2013/07/16 09:08AM, Views: 331, Posts: 1
onnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury information factual...
#1   2013/07/16 09:08AM
amy11
A little over 12 months ago an emotionally bruised and football battered Womens National Team were in the elementary stages of coming to terms with a World Cup campaign that was a disaster both on and off the pitch. Anthony Dixon Jersey. The historians will record the seeds of doubt were sown four months before that opening 2-1 reversal on June 26th at the hands of the hosts and the then World Champion Germans with a very public feud between the governing body and a team that as a bargaining tool announced a willingness back in early February 2011 to go on strike in support of their beleaguered coach Carolina Morace. "We can compete now with the worlds best. And its something we havent been able to do in the past. And now to have this coach threaten to leave, we cant let her just go. We have a shot at something great," was what captain Christine Sinclair told the Canadian Press back then. We all know now that shot at greatness completely misfired. Four days after slumping off the pitch in Dresden following the reversal at the hands of Nigeria in their final group match Sinclair was back stateside scoring for her club side the Western New York Flash in a WPS fixture. Exactly a year removed just this past Monday, Sinclair was scoring the winner, a record breaking 135th international goal, against Columbia during a tune up in Switzerland for the London Olympics. On the eve of tomorrows penultimate fixture before July 25ths Olympic opener against Japan, the current World Champions Sinclair closed the book on Deutschand 2011 when telling TSN.ca there was little relevance between what happened then and what London holds. "I honestly dont think that much. Weve got a new coach, a new team and its a new tournament. It was an experience we dont want to go through again. As a team we have moved on" With a mere six sleeps left before the team touches down in London, Sinclair is of the firm belief the team are chomping at the bit to put the adversities of Germany to their advantage as the team continue their progress back to full football recovery under the quite excellent John Herdman. The young Englishman recruited by the CSA in the wake of the Morace World Cup fiasco. "I actually think we feel less pressure because of last year. I think heading into the World Cup wed been doing so well and people you know ourselves included expected us to do some great things. Bit this time round the expectations from the outside are less and as a team we fell less pressure". Sinclair completely dismisses out of hand any additional pressure she may feel that comes with being one of the greatest womens players to ever lace them up. "I dont really feel the pressure, I just go out and play. Obviously the Olympics are a big deal, the world cup is a big deal but I just go out and try to play like it was any other game. I think if you get caught in a thought oh my God its the Olympics, this is the World Cup I dont know I think Id go crazy" Canadas rivals in the group stage at the Olympics draw eerie comparisons to last years World Cup group of death opponents - none more so when it gets underway than with their opening tilt with the World Champions. This time though, Canada wont have the additional burden of having to play Japan in their own back yard. "Just the fact weve experienced it before you know. This game against Japan is going to be a little bit different. Its not going to be played in Japan. I think the crowd will be there to watch a good football match, not necessarily just to cheer for Japan," was Sinclairs take. "We know that, like we did against Germany, if we perform well we can compete with the best teams in the world and obviously Japan being one of them. Its not going to be new to us weve played huge opening games in tournaments before" Canadas group stage schedule demands three matches within a week, mercifully with little travel required and is one Sinclairs squad wholeheartedly accepts as part of their Olympic journey. "Obviously its one we willingly accept, we cant change it but ideally you play every four or five days in soccer thats the way its done in most leagues around the world. But at the same time its a tournament and same thing what the men do in EUROs and things like that." Ahead of meeting up with the squad to fly to their current Swiss base Sinclair was thoroughly captured by events in Poland – Ukraine. No surprises it was a fellow goal scorer of epic proportions that the Burnaby native focused her attention on. "Im going to get killed now Im a huge Fernando Torres fan. He sits on the bench and wins the Golden Boot you cant argue with that" One of Canadian sports most inspirational captains is not only at the top of her game and one of the few players in world football that puts considerable bums on seats – on the basis of her response to the question if she preferred a World Cup over an Olympic Games a career in the diplomatic ranks awaits. "Theyre both unique and both so special. The world cup is obviously for soccer its the biggest tournament but for the Olympics are a completely different beast." "There is something very special about representing your country at the Olympics. Just to be there with all your fellow athletes no matter what sport they are participating in and been able to cheer for them and celebrate their successes you dont get that opportunity very often" Prior to the Olympics comes two final warm up matches beginning with New Zealand tomorrow. A country with an identity similar to Canadas and the nation Herdman took to last summers World Cup. Its an encounter Canada is relishing. "New Zealand is an up and coming team. I think its going to be an interesting game. The history and the connection between the 2 teams I think the game will mean a lot more to John because as players we are obviously using the game as a preparation game for the Olympics. Hopefully we can make our coach proud and beat them" Canadas final match before flying to London July 18th is against Brazil next Tuesday. When the squad arrives in London Herdman has given the girls a 48-hour grace period that will allow them to absorb one of the worlds greatest cities ahead of the immensity that awaits. "Besides the orientation we have to do and kit pick up we have to do to get our Canada stuff I believe Johns actually sort of letting us explore so a few of us are planning some tourist activities" Herdman celebrates a 37th birthday the day after their London arrival. One wonders what London tourist activities Sinclair has planned on July 19th for a coach thats truly put immense belief back into a squad that was so psychologically demoralized when he took charge last fall. Throughout the course of our conversation its clearly evident Sinclair is an individual who is entirely at ease – jovial her middle name. Although her career has taken her away from her BC roots for extended periods theres no escaping the Burnaby light that shines so brightly for her. Looking to better Beijings quarter-final finish will come with the added incentive of a family and friends reunion. "A few of them have joked that if were in the medals theyll fly over for that but I dont know about that one Well before that is reason why so much effort was put into Januarys quite exceptional Olympic qualifiers staged back home in Vancouver, the London Olympics themselves. Over 10,000 athletes from around the globe competing in 39 different sporting disciplines with the football tournament for our Womens National Team beginning in Coventry 48-hours ahead of the formal ceremonies opening the London Olympics exactly two weeks today. Canadas encounter with Japan is likely a match Sinclair has been waiting for since Dresden last summer but its not one that shes yet imagining in her exceptional football mind. "I dont even know, I havent even really thought about it in terms of that. This team has been all about the preparation and the processing of getting to that game." "I think once we arrive into England Ill start thinking about that game." Colin Kaepernick Pink Jersey. -- Saints defensive end Will Smith and linebacker Jonathan Vilma plan to be present Friday when their lawyers are scheduled to cross examine former New Orleans defensive co-ordinator Gregg Williams in Washington, D. Kendall Hunter Jersey. 2 in the world rankings. Kvitova raced to a 5-0 lead in the first set, but Azarenka rallied to level it at 5-5. The Czech player finally converted her fifth set point when Azarenkas forehand sailed out. http://www.shop49ersgear.us/jonathan-goodwin-49ers-jersey/. The procedure, performed by Crew medical staff in Columbus, removed a bone that was causing problems. Marshall will begin rehab immediately and is expected to be sidelined for the next six to ten weeks. Colin Kaepernick Womens Jersey. James was shaken up twice in the Heats preseason finale Friday night, first when he turned the ankle in the games opening minutes, then in the third quarter when he was inadvertently kicked in the face by New Orleans centre Robin Lopez. Vernon Davis Jersey. Madrid will head into next weekends "clasico" match at Camp Nou eight points behind leader Barcelona, but at least Jose Mourinhos side is showing strong signs it has recovered its dominating form from the last campaign. Deportivo opened through Ivan "Riki" Sanchez-Rico 16 minutes in, but Ronaldo equalized from the penalty spot in the 23rd and netted again just before halftime after Angel Di Maria had extended the lead.FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots lost tight end Rob Gronkowski with an arm injury late in Sundays 59-24 victory over the Indianapolis Colts, a game in which he caught two touchdown passes. According to a report on Comcast SportsNet New England, Gronkowski has a broken forearm. "He left the game with an arm injury," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said about 2 1/2 hours after the game. "There was no update to that." Gronkowski, 23, had seven catches for 137 yards on Sunday, including touchdowns of 4 and 24 yards in the game. He was reportedly injured while blocking for an extra point on New Englands eighth touchdown. The happy-go-lucky Gronkowski had 10 touchdown catches as a rookie and then set an NFL record for tight ends with 17 touchdowns last year, when he caught 90 passes for 1,327 yards. But he sprained his left ankle in the AFC title game and was a nonfactor in the Super Bowl, which New England lost 21-17 to the New York Giants. The Patriots had been without Aaron Hernandez, their other first-string tight end, for the last three games -- and a total of six this season -- after he sprained his right ankle in Week 2. He has just 17 catches for 143 yards and two touchdowns in four games. Hernandez went from being listed as "out" in the injury report to "questionable" after the Nov. Chris Culliver Jersey 4 bye week and remained that way for each of the last three games. He had limited participation in practice in each of the last three weeks; the team has not given a timetable for his return. The Patriots next play on Thanksgiving night against the New York Jets. The Patriots made no announcement about Gronkowskis injury when he headed for the locker room with about 4 minutes left in Sundays game. Several hours after the game, James said he had no information; inquiries to the NFL media relations department were referred back to the Patriots, who then said Gronkowski had an arm injury. According to the NFLs media policy, "Team personnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury information factually and accurately as soon as possible for the benefit of the network television audience and the other media covering our games." "Clubs must ensure that all medical information issued to the media is credible, responsible, and specific in terms that are meaningful to teams, media, and fans," says the policy, which goes on to remind teams that "the injury reporting policy relates directly to the integrity of the game." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes