Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

10 seconds behind Cancellara -- and - Country Musi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

10 seconds behind Cancellara -- and

Started by amy11, 2013/07/13 10:55AM
Latest post: 2013/07/13 10:55AM, Views: 423, Posts: 1
10 seconds behind Cancellara -- and
#1   2013/07/13 10:55AM
amy11
VICTORIA -- Russian rookie Alex Gogolev scored twice against his old team as the Victoria Royals beat the Calgary Hitmen 3-1 in Western Hockey League action Thursday night. Robert Griffin III Camo Jersey . Steven Hodges also scored for the Royals (8-4-0) while former Royals forward Zane Jones answered for Calgary (7-2-2) in the loss. Jones opened the scoring for Calgary 12 minutes into the second period after a giveaway at the Royals blue-line. Jones got in alone and snapped the puck low between the legs of Victoria goalie Patrik Polivka. The Royals evened the game late in the period just as their power play had expired. Hodges tipped Logan Nelsons high point shot down past Calgary goalie Chris Driedger. The Royals then went up 2-1 with only 40 seconds left in the second when Brandon Magee made a spin move behind the Calgary net and fed Gogolev for a goalmouth tap-in. The third period featured a number of big saves from Polivka and a scare when Hodges, just back from injury, crashed hard into the end boards. Hodges stayed on the bench and appeared to be okay. Gogolev got his second of the game for the Royals into an empty net with only 20 seconds remaining. --- KELOWNA, B.C. -- Jordon Cooke made 32 saves for Kelowna as the Rockets held on for a 3-0 win over the Prince George Cougars in WHL action Thursday night. Myles Bell scored twice and Colton Sissons, with a penalty-shot goal that opened the scoring midway through the first period, also scored for Kelowna (5-5-1). Prince George (5-5-1) suffered its fourth consecutive loss, including its second straight by shutout. Mac Engel made 24 stops for the Cougars, who are now 1-2 against the Rockets this season. The two teams are tied for third place in B.C. Division standings with 11 points each. Robert Griffin III Redskins Jersey . earned his first career PGA Tour title on Sunday and that helped him soar in this weeks world rankings. Sean Taylor Jersey . Ortiz finished the best April of his career with a pair of solo homers, Mike Aviles hit a three-run shot and the Boston Red Sox beat the Oakland Athletics 11-6 on Monday night. http://www.shopr... . -- Riley Sheahan scored twice, including a power-play goal, to lead the Grand Rapids Griffins past the Abbotsford Heat 5-1 on Friday in American Hockey League play. [url=http://www.shopredskinsgear.us/robert-griffin-iii-redskins-jersey/]Robert Griffin III Red Jersey . Murray was the Blue Jackets first pick, second overall, in last months NHL Draft. Murray, 18, scored nine goals and 22 assists for 31 points and had 31 penalty minutes in 46 games with the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League during the 2011-12 season. Kory Lichtensteiger Jersey . -- Five innings on a muggy afternoon were enough this time for Jered Weaver.LIEGE, Belgium -- Fabian Cancellara gave some joy to his troubled RadioShack Nissan team as the 99th Tour de France began on Saturday, winning his fifth opening-day prologue at cyclings premier race in the same Belgian city where he edged Lance Armstrong eight years ago. The 31-year-old Swiss rider proved hes positively dominant in time-trials over the 6.4-kilometre (4-mile) race against the clock in Liege. This time, Cancellara outclassed another Tour title favourite: Bradley Wiggins, who is aiming to be the first Briton to win. He was second, seven seconds behind. Cadel Evans embarked on his title defence in a solid form, finishing 13th -- but importantly, 10 seconds behind Wiggins, who many see as the main threat to the Australians hopes of a repeat. Cancellara is unquestionably the worlds best time-trial rider, but isnt considered a Tour contender because he often struggles in the mountains. "What a great opening -- again!" Cancellara said. "I did the most I could. Its not always easy. I always do the maximum ... Its a great feeling and this certainly takes some of the pressure off." The Tour start offered a welcome return to racing -- the entree into three weeks and 3,500 kilometres of criss-crossing France, nosing into Switzerland, and scaling climbs in the Alps and Pyrenees before the July 22 finish on Paris Champs-Elysees. Two other individual time-trials await. RadioShack, built on the remains of teams that Armstrong led to a record seven Tour victories, has faced a rough patch. Its current leader, Andy Schleck, is staying home to nurse a spinal injury he sustained in a crash in the Criterium du Dauphine this month; team manager Johan Bruyneel -- Armstrongs longtime mentor -- is staying away to avoid being a distraction as he, Armstrong and others are targeted by a U.S. anti-doping case. In a further embarrassment, Enrico Carpani, a spokesman for cycling governing body UCI, said it received information from several RadioShack riders that theyd faced delays in receiving some salary payments. Team spokesman Philippe Maertens said he believed they had been paid, "and if not, there is a reason for it." He called it a "private issue." Brushing aside the teams issues, Cancellara said he was focusing "t;on what I have to do -- and thats riding my bike. Leonard Hankerson Jersey. " He said the victory, which he dedicated to his pregnant wife, was doubly rewarding because he broke his collarbone in the Tour of Flanders in April and wasnt sure hed be at his best for the Tour prologue. Cancellara has now earned the leaders yellow jersey for 22 days in his career, equaling the marks of other Tour greats including two-time winner Laurent Fignon of France, American triple champion Greg Lemond and Dutchman Joop Zoetemelk. All of Cancellaras prologue victories have been outside France: He beat Armstrong by two seconds in Liege in 2004, and also won in London in 2007, Monaco in 2009, and Rotterdam in 2010. Wiggins, a three-time Olympic champion, said he believed going into the prologue that "there was a man who could beat me: There is always Fabian, he is the best in the world" when it comes to time trials. "I finished second, so thats a good thing," added Wiggins. "Physically I felt fantastic. I didnt take any major risk because there were a lot of tricky sections." Evans, too, said hed expected to be outclassed in the prologue, and put his ride into a broader perspective. "Not good, but not bad," the Australian said. "Of course Id rather concede less seconds, you never want to lose time ... Ive got one (general classification) rider ahead of me, but I was kind of half-expecting that. Wiggins, what his background is, is these short efforts." "For me the real racing starts tomorrow," Evans added. "Im just happy to get it going, and looking forward to some good racing. ... Its like 6 kilometres out of 3,500 or so, so in that regard its a small comparison." His American team, BMC, had some bright spots. Tejay van Garderen, a 23-year-old American, placed fourth -- 10 seconds behind Cancellara -- and earned the white jersey of the best young Tour rider. Near the other end of the cycling career lifespan, 39-year-old compatriot George Hincapie began his 17th Tour -- setting a new record. He finished 22nd. Sundays first stage takes riders over a mostly flat, 198-kilometre loop from Liege to the nearby town of Seraing.------ Eds: Greg Keller and Samuel Petrequin contributed from Liege. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes