Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nyway, because Im honest to her. I dont have to li...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nyway, because Im honest to her. I dont have to lie.

Started by amy11, 2013/07/13 10:55AM
Latest post: 2013/07/13 10:55AM, Views: 376, Posts: 1
nyway, because Im honest to her. I dont have to lie.
#1   2013/07/13 10:55AM
amy11
Philippe Maillet scored twice, including the winner in overtime, and added two assists as the Victoriaville Tigres edged the host Shawinigan Cataractes 4-3 on Sunday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Trent Williams Jersey . Phillip Danault had a goal and two assists for the Tigres (6-5-3), who have won three straight games, and Philippe Hudon added a single goal. Emeric Hudon had two goals and an assist for the Cataractes (2-9-1), who have lost seven games in a row and are now tied for last in QMJHL standings with the Sherbrooke Phoenix. Vincent Arseneau scored once for Shawinigan while Frederick Gaudreau chipped in with two assists. Guillaume Decelles made 20 saves for the victory as Marvin Cupper turned away 31-of-35 shots in a losing cause. Both teams found success with their power play as Victoriaville went 1-for-5 and Shawinigan 3-for-6. Elsewhere in the QMJHL, it was: Halifax 4, Acadie-Bathurst 3; Moncton 5, Sherbrooke 3; Quebec 3, Drummondville 2 and Cape Breton 5, Rimouski 4. At Shawinigan, Que., Hudon scored at 10:48 of the first period to give Victoriaville a 1-0 lead, but Arseneau responded on the power play at 17:19 to make it 1-1 after 20 minutes of play. Danault scored the only goal of the second period and it gave the Tigres the lead heading into the third. Hudon scored back-to-back power-play goals for the Cataractes and they held on to a 3-2 lead for much of the final period. However, Maillet forced extra time with a goal at 17:53, while with the man advantage. Maillet then added the winner at 2:23 of overtime. --- Mooseheads 4 Titan 3 At Bathurst, N.B., Nathan MacKinnon pushed his point streak to nine games with a goal and an assist as Halifax (12-1-0) beat the Titan (6-5-3) for its 10th win in a row. --- Wildcats 5 Phoenix 3 At Moncton, N.B., Brothers Alex and Allain Saulnier combined for two goals and six points as the Wildcats (6-7-0) handed Sherbrooke (2-11-1) its third straight defeat. --- Remparts 3 Voltiguers 2 At Drummondville, Que., Logan Shaw broke a 2-2 tie with a power-play goal at 15:26 of the third period to lift Quebec (10-2-0) over the Voltiguers (7-5-0), who had their three-game winning streak snapped. --- Screaming Eagles 5 Oceanic 4 At Rimouski, Que., Raphael Corriveaus second period goal stood up as the winner and Jonathan Oligny chipped in with three assists as Cape Breton (3-7-4) slipped past the Oceanic (8-4-1). Robert Griffin III Red Jersey . Roddick converted only two of 13 break-point chances but dominated with his serve, as often happens at Wimbledon, where hes a two-time runner-up. "I served really well," he said. Aldrick Robinson Jersey . -- After two disappointing performances from Mac Carruth let the Kamloops Blazers back into their series with the Portland, the Winterhawks goaltender came through when his team needed him most. http://w... . So are the Phillies. Halladay pitched eight innings and Chase Utley hit a tiebreaking, two-run homer in the eighth to lift Philadelphia to a 3-1 victory over the St. [url=http://www.shopredskinsgear.us/fred-davis-redskins-jersey/]Fred Davis Jersey . -- It was a classic case of hard work beating talent as the London Knights came out on top Saturday. Washington Redskins Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Tina Maze of Slovenia won her third race of the season by finishing first in both runs of a World Cup super-combined event Friday to extend her lead in the overall standings.LOS ANGELES -- After Amir Khan lost two straight fights and all of his championship belts, the British boxer decided his career was in dire need of a reboot. He started by firing his celebrated trainer, Freddie Roach. "I called him myself," Khan recalled Tuesday. "I said, Freddie, Im going to make a change. Not many people would do that, but Im the one who called him and said Im going to move to Virgil Hunter. He wished me all the best, and we left it at that." The switch was a bold move for a fighter with Khans Olympic pedigree and solid professional record, but the light welterweight star has never been afraid of taking risks. Hunter has refocused Khans energy on fighting with his head instead of his heart, a tendency that Khan (26-3, 18 KOs) blames for his knockout loss to Danny Garcia in July. After several weeks with Hunter, the Bay Area trainer behind Andre Wards climb up the pound-for-pound rankings, Khan already sees a significant difference in both his body and his mental approach. He hopes to show everything hes learning in his comeback fight against Carlos Molina on Dec. 15. "Youll see a new Amir Khan, for sure," he said. "An Amir Khan who is smarter, more focused, and thinking about himself instead of the crowd. I think my style will always please the crowd, but Im going to be smart and think about everything, instead of jumping in and making mistakes." Khan appeared with Molina (17-0-1, 17 KOs) at the historic Los Angeles Sports Arena on Tuesday to promote their Showtime bout. Although Khan rose to international prominence during his four years with Roach, the veteran mastermind behind Manny Pacquiao and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., few boxing observers were surprised when they split after Garcia upset Khan with a fourth-round stoppage. Khan lost his WBC and WBA 140-pound belts when he attempted to brawl with Garcia instead of boxing him. In hindsight, Khan decided he wasnt getting enough attention from the busy Roach, who sometimes asked Khan to travel to the Philippines so he could train Khan and Pacquiao, the Filipino congressman. "We all know hes a great trainer, but I changed because I needed someone whos going to spend 100 per cent time with me," Khan said. "I need to be more selfish. Im in thiss position now when I know I cant make any mistakes. Madieu Williams Jersey. ... With Freddie, it would have been very hard right now, having Manny in his camp, also Chavez, and I think hes training Victor Ortiz, so its a lot of people." Khan had another reason for splitting with Roach, who has Parkinsons disease. "Freddies illness, its very hard to see him as hes getting older," Khan said. "I believe that hes getting worse, and I wish him all the best. Freddie is still, with the Parkinsons disease, doing a great job working the mitts and working with fighters day in, day out. I just believe that I need someone who is going to work me that bit harder and get the best out of me." With Ward not expected to fight again until next year, Hunter is focused on Khan. Hunter was shocked to learn Khan had never done strength work on his neck muscles, and thats not his only concern about the fighters previous instruction. "Some of the conditioning coaches that have worked with him in the past have created imbalances in his body that arent conducive to boxing at all," Hunter said. "If he was playing basketball or soccer or something, they might help him, but they dont help in boxing. I think that has to do with people just tinkering with a kid who is willing to train, willing to follow instructions, and hes been let down in a lot of areas that he shouldnt have been let down in." Along with good weather and elite instruction, the West Coast also offers distance from the British tabloids coverage of his upcoming marriage to Faryal Makhdoom. Just two days earlier, The Sun newspaper published a story claiming Khan had been partying with other women on a recent vacation in Marbella, Spain. Most champion boxers dont face such swarms of attention on their personal lives -- but most champions arent British, Khan says with a smile. "Shes cool. She knows the truth, because I didnt do anything, honestly," Khan said. "She doesnt believe anything that the papers say anyway, because Im honest to her. I dont have to lie. Theres always going to be stuff said about me. Its a distraction when you prepare, definitely. I think thats why my fiancee and my family havent really spoken to me about it. Theyve just kept it with them." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes