Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

back but Paul Lawrie (70) was 1 over in a - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

back but Paul Lawrie (70) was 1 over in a

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/09 10:49PM
Latest post: 2013/07/09 10:49PM, Views: 348, Posts: 1
back but Paul Lawrie (70) was 1 over in a
#1   2013/07/09 10:49PM
fengzhu
I am not a believer in rotating players. Wholesale Jerseys From China . I do understand why teams use many players in various situations, but as a former player I feel it hurts performance as opposed to enhancing ability. There is something very relevant and real about being in "the zone" when youre in a game and in some cases even in practice. Being in "the zone" to me is a state of mental and emotional concentration where all youre aware of is what is going on in the game; what is going on with you and no one else. It is as if the crowd in the stands, the atmosphere around the stadium and everything on the periphery has been deleted and does not exist. And it is a wonderful feeling. It is a sense of concentration that is unique and because of that concentration, your personal efficiency and effectiveness is at its best. I see teams in the CFL rotate players and I do not understand why. Players battle themselves to be aware of "the zone," fight to get into "the Zone" and try to stay in it for the entire game. Outside of warming up your body, the purpose of the warm-up before the game is to give the player the opportunity to find his "head space." A chance to find that intense but controlled feeling of confidence and concentration where all that occupies your mind is the game. It is difficult to describe, but anyone in athletics that had played at a high level knows the feeling and tries to achieve it. When Jon Cornish ran for 185 yards against Edmonton, he had it - you could see it. Everything came together - his vision, his movement, power, speed and most important, clarity. He just knew he was on top of his game and a big reason was he was not taken out of the game. Football is a funny game because it is not natural. For most players, not all but most, they have to change their personality to active themselves to play well. I know I had too, which is why rotating players is not the best to do as it disrupts the players ability to achieve the right mental and emotional mind set to play their best. Its like you start a car, being to accelerate and then as it is about to shift its final and best gear, you turn it off. Now, I do realize that players get winded, get dinged and sure, if you recognize a problem or difficulty then you need to get that situation made right and a new fresh body would be perfect. But, I wonder sometimes if coaches understand the game from the player mental makeup; especially coaches who have never played. Football is a game of many things but at its most fundamental level it is about imposing your will on another. You are trying to do something and another does not want you to do what you want to do. At certain moments it is very Neanderthal while other moments it is very cerebral, and to recognize those moments takes experience. My 12 starters on a team may not be my 12 best players. My 12 starters are my 12 who can activate the mental and emotional mind to be there best and then they get all the plays. I have known many guys who off the field are normal nice people but on the field almost a complete opposite. And it is because once they are on the field they do not come off. The best players are not always the best players; they are the best because they can achieve intensity, will and self-control for an entire game. Lions Adam Bighill, Eskimos J.C Sherritt, Alouettes Kyries Hebert and Anthony Calvillo, and many others come to mind of players who achieve the personal zone to perform. And it is why you never take them off the field unless you have to. Cheap Jerseys .Y. - Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira had a cortisone injection in his left wrist, a day after hurting it while trying to make a diving stop at first base. China Jerseys . -- The Trail Blazers werent going to try anything out of the ordinary against the Nuggets, especially with injured All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge watching from the bench in street clothes. http://www.stitchedchina.com/ . But dont expect the All-Star forward to spill his secrets. "I cant tell you that," Giroux said, smiling. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . -- The Denver Broncos have hired Mike Sullivan as their new director of football administration. NFL Jerseys China . Mark Pysyk also scored for Edmonton, which won its first playoff series since the current version of the team started in 2007. Laurent Brossoit made 14 saves. Drew Czerwonka replied for the Ice, while Nathan Lieuwen stopped 15 shots.ST. ANDREWS -- Branden Grace credited a practice round with British Open winner and fellow South African Louis Oosthuizen for helping him to extend his lead to five shots on day two of the Dunhill Links Championship on Friday. Grace teed up on the Old Course, where Oosthuizen won golfs oldest major two years ago, and birdied four holes in succession mid-round to add a 5-under-par 67 to his Kingsbarns opening-day score of 60, and move to 17 under. Joel Sjoholm of Sweden, in his first competitive round on the Old Course, matched Graces score of 67 to move into second on 12 under, tied with Thorbjorn Olesen of Denmark (69). Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., shot a 3-under-par 69 to move to 4 under. Grace said his practice round with Oosthuisen on the Old Course on Wednesday proved to be a big help. "Louis gave me some lines off the tee which was very helpful, especially with the wind off the left," he said. "The first six holes are not the easiest driving holes out there, and also having Zach (Rasego, caddie) who caddied for Louis when he won the Open, also helped. Grace created a sensation at the start of the year on the European Tour as he won three events before May. Then he struggled, but arrived in Scotland having captured last weeks Vodacom Origins of Golf Final at Fancount on thhe South African Sunshine Tour. Wholesale Jerseys China. Sjoholm impressed even himself after making seven birdies on the Old Course, offset by a double bogey on the 7th. "Now I honestly understand why everybodys talking so much about the Old Course," he said. "This has just been an amazing experience." Olesen enjoyed the Old Course on Thursday with a bogey-free 63, but played his second round at Carnoustie and carded 69, holing six birdie putts against three bogeys. Martin Kaymer was the best-placed of the four competing Ryder Cup players after adding a 71 at Kingsbarns to move to 3-under par. "It has been a little difficult to get motivated," he said. "I had that fantastic experience on Sunday, and Im still very inspired, but on the other hand your body is just a little tired, and you have to listen to your body." Peter Hanson (70) was a stroke back but Paul Lawrie (70) was 1 over in a tie for 129th. American Ryder Cupper Dustin Johnson (71) was 1 under and sharing 89th place. Only the top 60 and ties survive the cut after the third round, putting them and a few other notables at risk. Former champ Colin Montgomerie was alongside Kaymer, British Open champion Ernie Els was 1 under, and two-time champion Padraig Harrington was at par. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes