Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d his team. "We - Country Music Talk Forum. - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d his team. "We

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/09 10:48PM
Latest post: 2013/07/09 10:48PM, Views: 379, Posts: 1
d his team. "We
#1   2013/07/09 10:48PM
fengzhu
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Wholesale Jerseys Paypal . -- The Kansas City Chiefs returned to work Monday at their practice facility near Arrowhead Stadium, trying to find a sense of normalcy after two days of unimaginable heartache. It proved nearly impossible to do. The locker that once belong to Jovan Belcher, the linebacker who killed his girlfriend and then turned the gun on himself Saturday, still had all his belongings in it. His shoes were piled up on the floor and freshly laundered clothes hung from a hook. To enter the building, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli had to walk past the place in the parking lot where Belcher put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger, and Crennel admitted that an unsettling feeling came over him. Teammates gathered in meetings and to watch film from Sundays 27-21 win against the Carolina Panthers, one that ended an eight-game losing streak. They couldnt help but notice the empty seat that once belonged to their close friend. "We have to deal with the events of the last few days, and its not over, and it may not be over for some of us for most of our lives, but time heals all wounds, and so were going to start working on the time thing," said Crennel, whos been a rock for everyone in the organization. "It was like coming to work like you normally do," he said. "Now you think about the events as you walk through the door and walk through the parking lot, but you know the events are over, and you cant undo them. All you can do is work for the future and toward the future." Following the emotional victory over Carolina, Crennel declined to discuss many of the details surrounding Belchers suicide. He shared a bit more on Monday while attempting to prepare his team for the next game, including his exchange with the linebacker moments before his death. "I was trying to get him to understand that life is not over, he still has a chance and lets get this worked out," said Crennel, who didnt know about Perkins murder while he talked to Belcher. Crennel, who has coached at the college or pro level for more than 40 years, said he had never seen Belcher with a gun before, and expressed his concerns over players owning firearms without knowing the laws. "Generally what weve attempted to do was tell them to know the law, turn your gun in to our security people, let us hold onto it and then after that, if you need it, you can take it home," he said. "You can go put it in your safe or whatever you need to do with it, but the law allows for them to have guns." Much of Monday seemed quite normal for the Chiefs. They gathered for their normal team meetings in the morning, and watched video of their win over Carolina. They broke mid-afternoon to begin planning for next Sundays visit to Cleveland. Still, there were signs at every turn that nothing was quite as usual. Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt routinely sticks around the day after a game, but this time he was there to lend support to an organization in mourning. Chaplains were also at the facility, as were outside counsellors brought in to help players and staff come to grips with tragedy. "Its new territory for everyone," tight end Tony Moeaki said. "Were all trying to figure out how to handle the situation. Were just trying to take it one day at a time, come into meetings -- its nice to be in meetings, watching film. Your minds not on it as much." Linebacker Brandon Siler said he spent Thanksgiving with Belcher, and "it was Thanksgiving as you know it, all laughs and praying and loving." "It was hard to walk back in the parking lot, but it was harder to sit in the meetings," Siler said. "He sits right beside me. That was hard. You keep looking at that seat, thinking he was going to show up at some time, you know? Thats hard." Players were also struggling to reconcile the man they knew with the man who murdered 22-year-old Kasandra M. Perkins, and who left a 3-year-old girl, Zoey, an orphan. "I try not to do it, really," right tackle Eric Winston said. "I just try to accept the fact who he was pre, and who he was after, and Im not sure those thoughts can live together, but until the end of the season, thats just going to have to do." Yes, there is still a season to be played. The Chiefs visit the Browns on Sunday and visit Oakland the following week, before returning home to play Indianapolis. Their season finale is Dec. 30 at Denver. "Its something that there is no textbook on how to handle, and how to feel, and theres a lot of emotions, confusing emotions," centre Ryan Lilja said. "But were going to try to get back to football as best we can, and let guys grieve whatever way they need to, and be respectful of that, but we need to try to be back on football, and its going to be tough." Jerseys From China . Jankowski was the most accomplished scorer among the draft-eligible players -- he had 53 goals and 94 points at Quebecs Stanstead College last season -- but, in part because he is only 17, he was widely projected as a second-round pick. Jerseys Paypal From China . The defending champions, who are looking to win a third straight major title, advanced to the European Championship semifinals with a not-so-commanding 2-0 win over France on Saturday. http://www.wholesalenflsportsjers... . "The set of circumstances that exist here at the University of Alberta is what is really appealing to me," said Morris. "There really is a wealth of talent in Northern Alberta, and a tremendous opportunity to develop the sport of football in the city and province with the Golden Bears program. [url=http://www.wholesalenflsportsjerseys.com/]MLB Jerseys China .S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he dropped his fight against drug charges that threatened his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Bryant entered the elite scoring club during the first half of the Los Angeles Lakers game against the New Orleans Hornets. He arrived in New Orleans 13 points short, and scored his 13th and 14th points on a short jumper with 1:16 to go in the first half. BARCELONA, Spain -- Fernando Llorente played for Athletic Bilbao for the first time this season and added a goal to Aritz Adurizs double to help secure a 3-3 draw at 10-man Espanyol in the Spanish league on Sunday. Llorente had not played through the first three rounds after telling his boyhood club he wouldnt renew his contract beyond next summer, adding to Bilbaos tumultuous off-season that saw it lose midfielder Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich. The Spain striker said that his decision to leave Bilbao was "personal" and one that "people have to respect." "It hurts that people doubt me, I have always given my all for Athletic," Llorente told Spanish radio SER after the game. "In January I will be free again to negotiate, but I want to push that all to the side now to help my team. The less people talk about me, the better." Also on Sunday, Atletico Madrid outlasted Rayo Vallecano 4-3 in a Spanish capital shootout as Diego Costa set up two goals and earned a penalty that Radamel Falcao converted for his ninth goal in six games for club and country this season. Joan Verdu appeared to set Espanyol on its way to an easy win at Cornella-El Prat stadium after assisting Javi Lopezs 18th-minute opener and punching in a rebound from a shot by Samuele Longo in the 44th. But Aduriz started Bilbaos fightback with a thumping header in the 56th, and Llorente went on as a substitute in the 69th and scored on his first touch two minutes later, firing in a pass from Iker Muniain to make it 2-2. Longo, on loan from Inter Milan, reclaimed the lead for the hosts in the 80th, only to be sent off with his second booking for celebrating his second goal with his new team by embracing the fans in the front row. Bilbao quickly made good on its numerical advantage when Aduriz whipped home a vicious volley three minutes later to split the points. Elsewherre on Sunday, Mallorca drew 1-1 at Osasuna after both teams went down a man in the first half, Real Sociedad beat Zaragoza 2-0 thanks to goals by Inigo Martinez and Carlos Vela, and Granada drew 1-1 with Deportivo La Coruna at home. Wholesale Jerseys. Atletico paraded the European Super Cup it won by thrashing Chelsea before playing a combination of its best, and then worst, football against its crosstown rival at Vicente Calderon stadium. Diego Costa, who played on loan at Rayo last season, set up Mario Suarez in the 29th and Jorge "Koke" Resurrecion in the 49th with short crosses they redirected into the net. "We believe in (Diego Costa), he is strong, aggressive, and he can play both inside and on the wings," said Atletico coach Diego Simeone. "We thought he could take advantage of the spaces behind (the defence)." Arda Turan made it 3-0 for Atletico in the 51st before Falcao blasted in a spot kick five minutes later after Diego Costa was fouled by Javi Fuego in the box. But just when it appeared Atletico would rout Rayo, its defence relaxed and let Andrija Delibasic net a quick brace in the 82nd and 85th. Leonardo Carrilho then grabbed a third goal in the 89th after another defensive lapse to give Rayo a brief flash of hope in what would have been the most incredible of comebacks. Simeone did not blame his players for flirting with disaster, instead saying that the three second-half substitutions he made unsettled his team. "We were in control of the game until I rushed the changes. The responsibility for the end of the game is mine," he said. On Saturday, leader Barcelona routed Getafe 4-1 to remain perfect through four rounds, while Real Madrid lost 1-0 at Sevilla to fall eight points behind its archrival. Also, Valencia beat Celta Vigo 2-1, while Malaga downed Levante 3-1. Valladolid hosts Real Betis on Monday. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes