Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

llent training camp," McCart - Country Music Talk ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

llent training camp," McCart

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/09 10:48PM
Latest post: 2013/07/09 10:48PM, Views: 350, Posts: 1
llent training camp," McCart
#1   2013/07/09 10:48PM
fengzhu
Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Joey Elliott, Edmonton Eskimos defensive back Chris Thompson, Saskatchewan Roughriders kicker Sandro DeAngelis and British Columbia Lions running back Andrew Harris were named the CFLs top players for Week 15 of the 2012 season. Wholesale Jerseys From China . Elliott received the offensive award by completing 17-of-25 passes for 335 yards and a career-high three touchdowns in a 27-22 win over the Montreal Alouettes. He also added 13 yards on two carries to take home his second weekly award of the season. Thompson registered three tackles and two interceptions in the Eskimos 30-25 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to earn the defensive honor. DeAngelis converted on 5-of-6 field goals and all three extra-point attempts during the Roughriders 36-10 decision over the Toronto Argonauts to capture the special teams award. Harris was selected as the top Canadian for the week with his 73 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries during a 27-22 victory over the Calgary Stampeders. He also caught four balls for 52 yards in the win. Cheap Jerseys . Check out this weeks Power Rankings for more of my takes on all 32 teams. A look at the Week 15 matchups in the NFL: CINCINNATI (-5. cheap stitched jerseys . Ditto the notion the Pittsburgh Steelers had finally turned the corner. http://www.uswholesalejerseysoutle... . -- Not long after Arizona knocked off Florida for its biggest win of the season, coach Sean Miller told his team not to get too high, to keep their focus. [url=http://www.uswholesalejerseysoutlet.com/]Wholesale Jerseys .25 million contract with the Ottawa Senators. Latendresse, 25, spent the past three seasons with the Minnesota Wild. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Here are five quick NBA thoughts about some players around the league.GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers finished 15-1 last season, only to make a hasty exit from the playoffs. As the players reported to Lambeau Field for the start of training camp Wednesday, coach Mike McCarthy said he believes his team can be better this season -- without having to duplicate last seasons record. After all, Green Bay won the Super Bowl two years ago after a 10-6 regular season. The Packers seventh-year coach even made an alteration to how he spent his summer vacation this year. He didnt leave town, as he was known to do in previous years when he would visit his oldest daughter in Texas. "Ive stayed in Green Bay the whole summer," McCarthy said. "So this is probably the most prepared Ive been for a training camp. I feel that way because I havent left. Its been good. Ive had quality time in my office in the early mornings, that it used to be down in Austin, Texas, in 100-degree weather. ... being here in Green Bay the whole summer, you could feel the excitement building." McCarthy is anxious as the Packers strive to make amends for what happened at the end of the 2011 season. The New York Giants came to Lambeau Field on a frigid January night and stunned top-seeded Green Bay 37-20 in the division round on their way to winning the Super Bowl. "Its the goal to be a better team this year, regardless of the record, and the goal is to win the Super Bowl," McCarthy said. "I think everybody would be happy with 15-1 during the regular season, but as we all know, post-season is what counts." Some are predicting a return to NFL supremacy for Green Bay in the upcoming season with reigning league MVP Aaron Rodgers at quarterback. "Our expectations are always the same," McCarthy said. "No ones expectations of us can get any higher than our expectations of ourselves. I think were OK there." The Packers have their first preseason practice on Thursday morning. With the rigours of two-a-days a distant memory because of the NFLs new labour agreement, Green Bay has just 20 practices and a team scrimmage Aug. 3 with four preseason games in the next month. &qquot;The first 10 practices (before the Aug. stitched nfl jerseys. 9 preseason opener at San Diego) are the most important because youre in the installation phase," McCarthy said. "Those are probably the new dog days of training camp, frankly. Thats the toughest part." McCarthy indicated a few players who spent the off-season recovering from injuries werent going to be ready to practice at the outset. They include tight end Andrew Quarless and offensive tackle Derek Sherrod, both of whom suffered severe leg injuries toward the end of last season. For the players who are on the field, fundamentals will be one of the keys of this years camp. McCarthy has harped on poor tackling techniques as a reason why the Packers had the leagues worst-ranked defence last season. "Well just do a more in-depth job of detailing the pursuit angles and all of the things that lead to putting yourself in the best position to tackle," McCarthy said. "Our problem isnt tackling a guy to the ground. Im sure thats something that people may be looking for." And protecting the football will be a daily point of emphasis in camp for the Packers high-scoring offence, which bogged down in the upset loss to the Giants with four turnovers, including three fumbles. McCarthy noted how last years camp had energy and a feel of urgency because the rookie players were on the field with the team for the first time following the lengthy NFL lockout. "I thought it was a key to us having an excellent training camp," McCarthy said. Conversely, this years newcomers, led by first-round linebacker Nick Perry, went through off-season workouts with the team. "My concern, frankly, is this rookie class came in here (during the spring) and things were pretty, you know, the feel was This aint so hard. Pro ball isnt maybe what I thought it would be," McCarthy said. "And that is something that will not be the case when we hit the field tomorrow. Complacency, relaxing, any type of comfort is really not the element you want to be any part of your training camp. And well make sure it doesnt exist." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes