Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e more m Raonic unsuccessfully c - Country Music T...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e more m Raonic unsuccessfully c

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/09 10:47PM
Latest post: 2013/07/09 10:47PM, Views: 353, Posts: 1
e more m Raonic unsuccessfully c
#1   2013/07/09 10:47PM
fengzhu
HOUSTON -- Make no mistake about it, things arent pretty for the Houston Astros. They have the worst record in baseball and are barrelling toward their second straight 100-loss season. But on Friday night this terrible team walked off the field winners after a dramatic ninth-inning rally for a 4-3 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. Brian Bogusevics RBI single in the ninth inning capped the Astros two-run rally. It was the first win this season for Houston in its last at-bat and breaks a five-game losing streak. It was Houstons first walk-off win since last Sept. 26, according to STATS LLC. "It was a good feeling. Theyre fun and when you wait this long for one its really fun," Bogusevic said of walk-off wins. "Its been a long time since weve had some good things happen for us. Weve played a lot of close games but havent come out with wins." The Astros won for the fifth time in 39 games. The only team since 1900 to lose at least 35 times in a 39-game span was the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics, who finished 36-117 under Hall of Fame manager Connie Mack, according to STATS. Wilton Lopez (4-1) struck out two in a perfect ninth inning for the win. Houston manager Brad Mills has talked day after day about wanting to see his team be rewarded for its improvement. He couldnt stop smiling after the National Leagues youngest team finally was. "It was just good for them to get something for it," he said. "The coaches have been doing a great job of keeping the guys upbeat. The guys were just thrilled to death, and its nice to see, no doubt." The Brewers have lost 10 straight on the road for the first time since 1992. Houston trailed 3-2 entering the ninth. Brett Wallace walked with no outs and was replaced by pinch-runner Tyler Greene, who was making his Astros debut after being acquired in a trade with St. Louis on Thursday. He stole second base and advanced to third on a wild pitch by John Axford (4-7), who was charged with his eighth blown save. "I dont know if Ill keep using (Axford) there or not," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "Maybe depending on the matchups, well give him a chance. We thought this was a good opportunity to get him in there and get him back to the guy that we know he is." Steve Pearces RBI single to centre tied it at 3. "You could tell something good was going to happen," Pearce said of Houstons momentum growing in the ninth. "You could see the body language of the pitcher, the crowd, and you could feel it coming." Pearce advanced to second on the play on an error by centerfielder Carlos Gomez. Gomez made up for his miscue when he made a running, over-the-shoulder catch on a long fly ball to deep centre by Scott Moore. Bogusevic followed with a hard-hit grounder to centre to give Houston the win and send the Astros spilling onto the field for a rare celebration in this dreadful season. The players dashed to mob Bogusevic, who tried unsuccessfully to get away from the pack, sending the party into the outfield. "It was a really good inning, everybody did their job," Bogusevic said. "It was a bunch of things that needed to be executed that were all executed, which was really good to see because it hasnt always been that way." Indeed. Houston has struggled to get the key hit or pitch to close out close games this season. The Astros are 0-11 in extra-inning games and have 22 one-run losses. Rickie Weeks had a career-high three doubles for the Brewers. Houstons comeback win ruined a good night for Milwaukee starter Mark Rogers. He didnt allow a hit until the fifth inning and gave up three hits -- all singles -- with one run in a career-long seven innings. Rogers, who replaced Zack Greinke in the rotation, struck out a career-high eight with two walks. Carlos Corporan drove in Houstons first run with a single in the fifth inning and added a solo homer in the eighth. Houston starter Bud Norris yielded eight hits and three runs -- two earned -- in seven innings but didnt factor in the decision to end his winless streak. Norris hasnt won since May 21. Ryan Brauns double gave Milwaukee a 1-0 lead. Weeks doubled in the second, fourth and seventh innings. Each of the hits landed in almost the same spot in the corner of left field. Houstons first hit came with one out in the fifth on a bunt single by Scott Moore which dribbled down the left field line. Weeks opened the seventh with his third double and scored on a single by Jean Segura to put Milwaukee ahead 3-1. NOTES: Houston recalled OF Fernando Martinez from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Friday. ... Milwaukee RHP Shaun Marcum, on the 60-day DL with right elbow tightness, is on a rehabilitation assignment with Single-A Wisconsin. Cheap Miami Heat Jerseys . Sanchez was among a group of five riders who broke away on the final ascent of the day, the Mur de Peguere, as the three-week race entered the Pyrenees on Sunday. He then made his decisive move 11 kilometres (7 miles) from the finish to claim his fourth Tour stage win. Cheap San Antonio Spurs Jerseys . Fabregas set up Jordi Albas opener before Cristian Tello and Messi both followed suit as Barcelona roared to 3-0 just 18 minutes in at Riazor Stadium. But some dubious officiating saw Javier Mascherano sent off in the 49th, and the visitors needed Messis 15th overall goal in a superb individual effort 13 minutes from time to stay unbeaten and secure the victory over a resilient Deportivo side. http://cambridgedi... . -- Jacksonville first-round pick Justin Blackmon agreed to terms Monday with the Jaguars. [url=http://cambridgediversity.org/cheapjerseysfromchina.html]Cheap Jerseys China . The CFL club announced Tuesday it is changing its helmet logo back to a simple W which, aside from some navy blue trim, is identical to the logo the club had when it won Grey Cups in the 1960s, 80s and 90s. Cheap Jerseys . -- For Ty Dillon, racing is the family business.NEW YORK -- Milos Raonics best just wasnt good enough against Olympic champion Andy Murray. The native of Thornhill, Ont., lost to Murray 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 on Monday in the fourth round of the U.S. Open. "It was a tough match, he was just too good," said Raonic. "I was never comfortable and he played extremely well. This was a big loss, I really gave everything out there and Ive never felt such a defeat." Murray, still seeking his first Grand Slam title, reached the quarter-finals at an eighth consecutive major tournament by beating the 15th-seeded Raonic. Raonic was trying to become the first Canadian man in a Grand Slam quarter-final in the Open era, which began in 1968. Canadian women remain the only players to have gone to the last eight in a Grand Slam, most recently through Patricia Hy-Boulais at the 1992 U.S. Open. Raonic reached this stage at a major for the second time after getting to the last 16 from a qualifying start at the Australian Open last year. "This was my eighth Grand Slam and Im pretty new to this," said Raonic. "Ive only played here twice. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself." Raonic is the third Canadian to reach the round of 16 at a Grand Slam in the Open era, after Montreals Martin Laurendeau at the 1988 US Open and Torontos Daniel Nestor at Wimbledon in 1999. He stands 1-7 against top five opponents, with his only win coming against Murray on clay in Barcelona last spring. "I need to improve a lot of things in my game if Im going to compete with guys at the top level," said Raonic. "But I also want to learn as much as I can. Every experience at this level is a new one. I have to deal with them the best I can." Despite his disappointment, Raonic will rise to an ATP ranking of around 14th next Monday. Raonic never got a break point on the Murray serve and managed only 14 aces -- about half his average at the event in the first three roundds.dddddddddddd He converted on three of 11 break points and lost his own serve four times in a disappointing evening. "I felt like I was doing it well most of the time, except maybe a few shots I didnt go for as much in the beginning just because I didnt know how to really read it," said Raonic. The match was moved to an earlier start because of rain clouds moving into the area, but the contest concluded without interruption. "Its tough in there (Arthur Ashe Stadium), its something I havent really experienced," said Raonic. "Its windy constantly and coming from all different directions. So it was hard to really just step in on the ball." Murray played smart tennis to nullify Raonics huge serve, using his returning skills to dominate. The third-seeded Murray created his first chances in the eighth game of the opening set, forcing Raonic to save two break points before finally dropping serve for 3-5. A game later, Murray secured the set on his second opportunity from a Raonic return wide. The balance of power stayed the same in the second set. Raonic lost serve for 2-3 after again saving two break points but failing on a third. Raonic managed to save a pair of set points, holding serve for 4-5 before Murray took a two-sets-to-love lead as he fired an ace on the first of three more match poinh Raonic unsuccessfully challenged with the electronic linecalling system. The third set was all Murray, with Raonts, a shot whicic struggling to no avail as the Scot closed out the win thanks to breaks in the third and seventh games, sealing it on his first match point from Raonics return long. Murray, the 2008 U.S. Open runner-up, and his coach, Ivan Lendl, are the only men to lose their first four major finals. Next for Murray is a match against No. 12 Marin Cilic. Murray leads their head-to-head series 6-1, but his only loss to Cilic came at Flushing Meadows in the fourth round in 2009. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes