Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

o begin a four-game series. Blue Jays RHP Bran - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

o begin a four-game series. Blue Jays RHP Bran

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/14 11:53PM
Latest post: 2015/03/14 11:53PM, Views: 149, Posts: 1
o begin a four-game series. Blue Jays RHP Bran
#1   2015/03/14 11:53PM
wff0605
OTTAWA -- A day after the Ottawa Senators evened up their best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarter-final with the New York Rangers at a game apiece, the talk included Brendan Shanahan as much as it did Chris Neils Game 2 winner. Both Carl Hagelin of the Rangers and Matt Carkner of the Senators had hearings Sunday with Shanahan, the NHLs head disciplinarian. Hagelin delivered an elbow to the head of Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson in the second period, knocking him out of the game. Carkner, meanwhile, received and instigator penalty, fighting major and game misconduct after he pummelled Rangers forward Brain Boyle to the ice early in the first period. That came in response to Boyle delivering several jabs to the head of Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson in Game 1. Boyle never dropped his gloves or threw a punch during the altercation with Carkner, which helped spark Ottawas 3-2 victory. "We discussed the incident this morning and I pleaded my case and now hes going to figure out what hes going to do," Carkner said of his 20-minute phone conversation with Shanahan. "Basically it was an instigated fight and I got the game misconduct as well and I got kicked out so I think thats enough, but well see." Carkner said Shanahan asked him to share his thoughts about the incident, and after an optional Senators skate in which Carkner took part Sunday, he discussed the Hagelin hit that leaves Alfredssons status for Mondays Game 3 in question. "Basically thats what were shown not to do. Alfie was trying to get out of the way and you could see Hagelin reach in and target the head," Carkner said. "In my opinion something should be done but again well have to wait and see." Carkner also received praise from his teammates and coach for his actions Saturday. "We wanted to be more physical as a group. We came out and set the tone and it paid off for us. Matt came out and did what he had to do and you cant say enough about it. You need to play tough out there and we did that as a group," said Neil, who also fought Boyle on Saturday night. While no one was talking about Alfredssons health Sunday, his loss would be a huge blow to a young Senators group that is trying to upend the conferences No. 1 seed. They are hoping, however, that the home crowd will be able to give them a boost. "Were excited to see the reception we hear at home and now we have the opportunity to use the crowd to our advantage and hopefully they give us that extra bit of energy to take control of the series," Senators forward Jason Spezza said. "You never want to see your captain down and Alfie doesnt stay down unless hes hurt so it was a scary moment for us. Hell be resting today and well see where it goes but it was definitely a dirty hit and a dangerous play and you never like to see a guy get hit like that." Karlsson, who has been a constant target of the Rangers since the series began, says the Senators just need to continue to stand up to the Rangers. "Were feeling pretty good obviously but tomorrow is another game and were going to play it like its our last," Karlsson said. "We wanted to respond to Game 1 and a couple of guys stepped and did their jobs and it was good for our team. Its tough for us to lose Alfie and hopefully hell be fine, but whatever happens to Hagelin is out of our control. It doesnt matter what I think or what anybody else thinks, its up to the league right now and Im sure theyll make the right decision." Game 4 of the series is also in Ottawa on Wednesday and the teams will shift back to Madison Square Garden for Game 5 on Saturday. Senators coach Paul MacLean says his teams needs to keep up with the intensity it showed in Game 2. "First round playoff hockey is physical. We werent as physical as we needed to be," MacLean said. "We were more physical in the second, and we need to be more physical again in the third." The question remains will they be doing it with or without Carkner. cheap jerseys . The Crimson Tide edged out Oklahoma State in the final round of voting Sunday and will play the top-ranked Tigers in the BCS national championship game on Jan. cheap nfl jerseys . - Clayton Kershaw didnt get what all the fuss was about. http://www.cheapchinajerseynfl.us.co... . Dietrich tied the game with a three-run shot, Juan Pierre singled in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning and Miami dealt the Los Angeles Dodgers their eighth straight loss, 5-4 on Friday night. [url=http://www.cheapchinajerseynfl.us.com/]jerseys from china . That meant the best 36-hole score for Furyk in his PGA Tour career, and the worst start for Woods in nearly fourth months. Furyk had another good day with the putter, making a few birdies early and saving par from the bunker four times on the back nine at Firestone for a 4-under 66 and a two-shot lead over Rafa Cabrera-Bello of Spain. cheap jerseys from china . The linebacker made one Pro Bowl and one All-Pro team in 11 NFL seasons, the first 10 with the smaller-market Tennessee Titans. Bulluck officially retired as a Titan on Friday. BALTIMORE -- After losing two straight games to Toronto, the Baltimore Orioles broke out the big bats. The Orioles tied a team record by with seven home runs to rout the Blue Jays 12-2 and stay within 1 1/2 games of the AL East lead. Chris Davis and Manny Machado each connected twice and the Orioles remained close to the division-leading New York Yankees, who won 8-2 in Minnesota. Nate McLouth hit a leadoff shot in the first inning and Jim Thome and Mark Reynolds also homered. Baltimore has hit seven home runs three times, most recently on Aug. 26, 1985. "Home runs are very unique, and when you do what we did tonight, its something to be proud of. Its something that doesnt happen a whole lot in the game," Thome said. Thomes home run was the 612th of his career and the first hes hit at home for the Orioles. "Up and down the lineup, everyone swung the bat well. Its been fun," Thome said. Davis finished with a career-high five RBIs to help the Orioles split a four-game series with the last-place Blue Jays. "This was a tough series. It was one of those ones that you dont want to see at the end of the season coming in off a long road trip," Davis said. "I think if youd have told us a few months ago that wed be a game-and-a-half out with six games left, I think youd be pretty happy with that." Beginning Friday, the Orioles have three games with Boston at home and three at Tampa Bay. "We just got through playing Boston and we played them well. Obviously, the three in Tampa are going to be tough, but were at a point where we still have a chance, so thats all you can ask for," Davis said. The Orioles trailed 2-1 heading into the bottom of the fifth before hitting three home runs. Thome led off with his third homer since joining the Orioles. With two outs, Machado hit his fifth of the year for a 3-2 Baltimore lead. All of Machados home runs have come at home, and his drive was the Orioles 200th homer of the year. Davis three-run drive gave the Orioles a five-run inning and finished Carlos Villanueva (7-7). Villanueva equaled a career high by giving upp four home runs.dddddddddddd. "Those mistakes I made, they hit them with authority. They put the power stroke on them and made me pay for them," Villanueva said. Machado and Thome are the first AL teammates to hit home runs in the same inning with an age difference of more than 20 years, according to home run historian David Vincent. Thome is 42 and Machado is 20 -- Thomes major league career began 10 months before Machado was born. "Thats crazy," Machado said. "Its a pretty good stat. I remember when I used to watch (Thome) play when I was a little kid. Now to hit a home run in the same inning he did, just feels great." Davis hit his second home run in the seventh. On Aug. 24, he hit three home runs against the Blue Jays, also in a game started by Villanueva. He has 28 home runs. Reynolds hit his 23rd homer in the sixth and Machado added a two-run shot in the eighth. Miguel Gonzalez (8-4) allowed two runs and five hits in seven innings. He allowed Edwin Encarnacions 42nd home run with two outs in the top of the first. With one out in the fifth, J.P. Arencibia, who went 7 for 9 in the four-game series, doubled and scored on Anthony Goses single. NOTES: Orioles LHP Randy Wolf was put on the 60-day disabled list with a torn ligament in his left elbow. Baltimore purchased the contract of INF-OF Bill Hall from Triple-A Norfolk. Hall will provide outfield help while Lew Ford is out with a groin injury. ... Deion Sanders, in town for Thursdays NFL Network game between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens, took batting practice with the Orioles before the game. Sanders, who played nine years in the majors, was an outfielder for Baltimore manager Buck Showalter in the minors while in the Yankees organization. ... The Orioles are off Thursday and begin a three-game series with Boston on Friday. Baltimore RHP Chris Tillman (8-2, 3.08 ERA) faces Red Sox RHP Aaron Cook (4-10, 5.13). ... On Thursday, Toronto hosts New York to begin a four-game series. Blue Jays RHP Brandon Morrow (8-7, 3.28) faces Yankees RHP Ivan Nova (12-7, 4.94). cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes