Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

inutes...Bozak added an assist for the three-poi -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

inutes...Bozak added an assist for the three-poi

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/12 11:08PM
Latest post: 2015/03/12 11:08PM, Views: 156, Posts: 1
inutes...Bozak added an assist for the three-poi
#1   2015/03/12 11:08PM
wff0605
LOS ANGELES -- Shabazz Muhammad is one-and-done at UCLA. The Pac-12 co-freshman of the year on Tuesday announced the news that had been expected since he arrived in Westwood: hes leaving to enter the NBA draft. Muhammad was the Bruins leading scorer with 17.9 points per game, fourth-best in the league. The 6-foot-6 guard from Las Vegas was named to the all-league first team and helped UCLA to a 25-10 record, the Pac-12 regular-season title and a runner-up finish in the league tournament. The Bruins lost to Minnesota in the second round of the NCAA tournament. "I am so thankful for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at UCLA and will always be proud to be a Bruin," Muhammad said in a statement released by the school. "From a young age, I have dreamed of playing in the NBA, and I believe that this is the right time for me to move to the next level." Muhammad was the key piece of fired coach Ben Howlands recruiting class and he lived up to his advance billing, scoring in double figures in 31 of the 32 games he played in. He scored at least 20 points in 14 games, guiding UCLA to a 12-2 record in those contests. He had consecutive 27-point games in December, including seven points in overtime of a 97-94 victory over seventh-ranked Missouri when he hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with a minute left in the extra period for UCLAs first win over a top-10 non-conference opponent since 2007. He dealt with injuries and illness throughout the season, and it came out in March that he was 20 years old, not 19 as UCLA had said he was. Muhammad began the season under the cloud of an NCAA investigation. He was forced to sit out the first three games and repay $1,600 in impermissible benefits after the NCAA and UCLA found that Muhammad accepted travel and lodging during three unofficial visits to Duke and North Carolina. Muhammad singled out Howland, who was fired last month after 10 years at UCLA, in his statement, saying, "It has been an honour and a privilege to play for coach Ben Howland." The NBA draft is June 27. cheap jerseys china . -- The Baltimore Ravens have released cornerback Domonique Foxworth. cheap nfl jerseys . The 18-year-old from Richmond Hill, Ont., defeated the world No. 75-ranked Begu 6-4, 6-4 in the final round of qualifying. Its the first time Zhao has reached the Rogers Cup main draw, where she will play Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in the first round. http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/ . This time, they did it with offence. Paul Pierce scored 27 points, Kevin Garnett added 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Celtics made their first eight shots of the fourth quarter to hold off the Heat 115-107 on Tuesday night. cheap jerseys . St. Louis catcher Yadier Molina stood up, spoke softly to his pal and twice patted him on the side. wholesale jerseys . He was 75. Corbetts daughter, Pamela Corbett Murrin, told The Associated Press that her father died peacefully in his sleep on Monday. She said he had not been sick recently.BUFFALO – Randy Carlyle chose his words carefully. "If I say what I wanted to say wed be reading that there would possibly be a nominal fine against the coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs so no comment on what was happening out there," Carlyle said with a large grin. A wild scrum in front of Ben Scrivens lasting seconds on end concluded with Jordan Leopold tying the score at five in the final seconds of regulation, the precursor to Derek Roy winning it in overtime as the desperate Sabres scratched back to beat the Leafs by a 6-5 final at First Niagara Center on Tuesday night. It was a game Buffalo had to have – its playoff hopes hanging in the balance – but one the Leafs had in their grips. Sporting a comfortable 3-0 lead after the opening frame (and 5-3 in the third), the Leafs "got a little satisfied" in their final trip down the QEW, eventually bested by a Sabres club fighting with every inch of desperation. A roster brimming with inexperienced talent – Scrivens, Joe Colborne, Matt Frattin, Jake Gardiner and Carter Ashton will all soon rejoin the Marlies for their playoff run – offered glimpses of its potential in defeat, the final result ultimately standing as a lesson for the road ahead. "Those are games we have to close out," Frattin said. "Youve got leads like that, doesnt matter who youre playing youve got to close those ones out. Those are the games we have to close out next year if we want to be a playoff contender and make the playoffs." Five Points 1. Frattin fired a one-time bullet past Ryan Miller for his second in as many games against the Sabres and eighth in 54 games this season. Asked a day earlier what hed learned in his rookie season about scoring in the NHL, Frattin offered a snapshot in simplicity. "I think just trying to hit the net," he told TSN.ca. "Theyve been kind of harping on me a little bit [to do that]. Getting quite a bit of chances, but Im just trying to be a little too precise and just pick the corners a little too much when its big goalies. I think the biggest thing is just getting pucks on net nice and quick and making the goalie make a save." A product of the University of North Dakota, Frattin also picked up another lesson from his first go-around in the league. "Probably how long the year is," he said. "In college youre working out all year. With NHL theres not much time to work out, like in between games. Its more of just stretching out and trying to recover your body because youre maintaining your muscle mass in games. Thats probably the biggest difference between college and the NHL; Ive already played close to double as many games as I did last year." Frattin played 44 games with the Fighting Sioux last season, totaling 75 a year later, split between the Leafs and Marlies. 2. The Edmonton native also added an assist on the first of two goals from Tyler Bozak, completing the Gordie Howe hat trick later in the period with his first career scrap against Marcus Foligno. Frattin surely earned points with both Carlyle and Leaf brass for his gutssy effort versus Foligno, who delivered a pair of thundering hits to the Leafs, the first on Gunnarsson – knocking him from the game – and the second on Bozak, inciting the fight.dddddddddddd 3. Colborne returned to the Leafs for the first time since December, notching an assist in his first game under the new head coach. "I dont have quite the nerves that I had when I was called up last couple times," he said hours before game-time. "Im more excited just that I get a chance to show the new coaches what I can do." Colborne had been in the midst of a real slow spell offensively at the time of his call-up, totaling just two assists (zero goals) in the previous 19 games. "The pucks arent going in right now," he said a day earlier. "The chances are there; Ive been hitting different posts and generating chances, its just a matter of finishing. Ive been saving up for my time up here if I get a chance [Tuesday], break out in that way. But Im excited for the playoffs with the Marlies and hopefully well go for a long run. And like everyone in the management has been saying, its going to be huge for all the young guys confidence to learn how to go through a playoff stretch." 4. While the entire roster is under dutiful inspection by Carlyle, its the current crop of young talent who may have the most to gain in the final days of the regular season. Gearing toward the AHL playoffs, the likes of Colborne, Frattin, Gardiner, Scrivens and Ashton all hold a short window of opportunity to impress Carlyle ahead of training camp next fall. "I think all the young guys that they brought up are all auditioning for the new coaches and the management that have been watching us all year so itll be a good step forward," Colborne said before the game. In addition to the offensive contributions from Colborne and Frattin on Tuesday, the Leafs also received a YouTube-like goal from Gardiner, who circled the Buffalo net and a number of Sabre defenders before beating Miller far-side. 5. With a three-point night on Tuesday, Phil Kessel became the first Leaf to hit the 80-point plateau since Mats Sundin in 2001-02. Kessel has 37 goals, 44 assists and 81 points after 80 games this season, all three career-highs. "Hes been involved in a lot of goals," Carlyle said when questioned on Kessels underrated passing ability. "He has a special skill-set that he can create space out of nothing; those are the type of plays you become accustomed to when you see him do it every day." Bonus Points Clarke MacArthur snapped a 13-game drought with his 20th goal of the season. The 26-year-old has hit the 20-goal mark in each of the past two seasons...The Leafs had dropped nine of the previous 10 against the Sabres in Buffalo...Gunnarsson left the game one shift after the Foligno hit (12 seconds into the game) and did not return, sidelined with an upper-body injury...Mike Komisarek took his place alongside Dion Phaneuf, logging over 22 minutes...Bozak added an assist for the three-point night, also totaling nearly 23 minutes...Colborne finished 5-18 in the faceoff circle. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes