Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hots and missed the biggest one of all with a ch -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hots and missed the biggest one of all with a ch

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/12 11:06PM
Latest post: 2015/03/12 11:06PM, Views: 186, Posts: 1
hots and missed the biggest one of all with a ch
#1   2015/03/12 11:06PM
wff0605
Its mid-week and time to take a quick look around the NBA. Heres a few topics catching my eye. 1. Toronto Raptors: At 3-12 after 15 games, a disappointment to say the least. Was I expecting a powerhouse team? Far from it. Was excited going into the season that this team would be much improved and in the hunt (I repeat, in the hunt) for a playoff spot and probably a year away from being a playoff team. If first impressions are lasting, then it hasnt been a good first look. Have lost a bunch of close/winnable games that would easily have them right around the .500 mark and wed all feel like theyre at least pointed in the right direction. Instead, you dont get those Ws and the doubts and negativity start to creep in again. My biggest concern is that the schedule (six of next seven on the road) put them in a position (already nine games under .500) that theyre already fighting for their lives and its not even the quarter mark. Its awfully tough to make up ground in this league considering its difficult to string together a bunch of wins when this organization hasnt had a bunch of long winning streaks in years. Moving rapidly into a danger zone where you get too far under water to get back to breathe. Again, realism must exist in significant doses here. Nobody expects an Eastern Conference or NBA champion out of this group but I think its fair to expect a team/organization that can show theyre getting closer. They have been close in lots of games but they need to create their own breaks and get over the hump. Losing becomes a habit thats hard to get out of. The effort/performance against Houston was unacceptable. Theyve played better and been quite competitive so hopefully thats an aberration but you just hope that the losing isnt starting to create slippage. Theres plenty of time/opportunity to change things and turn it around, yet the sense of heightened urgency has to be at an all-time high right now to prevent things from spiraling out of reach. Take a look at the Eastern Conference playoffs in the past 10 years and you realize that its going to take on average 40/41 wins to get that eighth spot. With only 67 games left to play and about 37/38 wins needed in that span, thats a brutally difficult task that lies ahead for them. Can it be done? Sure,but not looking like it at the moment. Moment of truth has arrived early. At this point, its about the steady improvement we see in the next 67 games with the playoffs being a long shot, yet you want to see more consistent and much improved play and results. That is an attainable/realistic goal. 2. Kevin Love (TWolves): Against Sacramento on Tuesday, he had 23 points and 24 rebounds. This team has been crushed with injuries this year and is very fortunate to be hanging around at 6-7. Having Loves highly skilled and rugged game back in the lineup will allow them to stay in the hunt until they get more re-enforcements, particularly Ricky Rubio. They are a fun team to watch and hopefully they can stick around. If so, theyll be a load to deal with in the second half of the season. 3. Jeff Teague (Hawks): His team has played quite well at 8-4 and hes made some nice improvements in his game. His numbers are solid with 13.8 ppg and 7.3 apg. Hes shooting it well at 48 per cent from the field, 42 per cent from three-point range while shooting and 91 per cent from the line. His overall efficiency and consistency are much better. He gets after it defensively with his quick feet and hands. Lots of changes in the ATL and, with the opportunity to have a bigger piece of the puzzle, he has taken advantage and risen to the occasion. Opening eyes around the league this season with his progression. 4. Brook Lopez (Nets): Boy, did they miss this guy last year. Hes been a beast for Avery Johnsons squad in the early going. Averaging 19.2 ppg and 6.5 rpg and is playing with a little more of an edge than weve seen in the past. More confident in his post moves and is taking his time triggering his moves. Having skilled perimeter players that know how to feed the post and play effectively off a legit big guy has created good flow in their offence and solid inside/out play. They did everything possible to get Dwight Howard here and failed so having a healthy Lopez around has been a huge boost. 5. Terrence Ross (Raptors): I said it before and Ill say it again, this young man has talent and has a chance down the road to be a good player in this league if he gets stronger, tougher and improves his stamina/second and third effort along with his defence. Just watch him; the tools are there and he will need some time for them to come to the surface. At a record of 3-12, it makes complete sense to me to throw him out there to the wolves and let him get a taste of the game each night and see if he can compete that evening. Some nights hell impress and others hell struggle but the only way hes going to grow/blossom is for him to experience it a little bit. Obviously, he has to earn his minutes and not have them given to him, but if this team is going to struggle and be a non-playoff team, the organization owes it to itself to invest in a potential valued asset. With all due respect intended to Alan Anderson, Landry Fields, Linas Kleiza and Dominic McGuire, which perimeter player other than DeMar DeRozan has the highest ceiling in the organization? If you feel its Ross, then in a losing situation, you owe it to the long-term benefit to give him at least a look each game. Dwane Casey is starting to do that and I agree with it. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . He was 72. Phillips death was reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer, which said he died Friday of cardiac arrest at his second home in Cape May, N. Jerseys Cheap . -- Danny Mwanga scored from 23 yards out in the 82nd minute in the Philadelphia Unions 3-2 comeback victory over Chivas USA on Saturday night. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.u... . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have signed restricted free agent forward Kyle Chipchura to a one-year contract. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/nike-nfl-jerseys-china_new-england-... . -- Canadas Lorie Kane won the Legends Championship on Sunday, closing with an even-par 72 for a two-stroke victory over Val Skinner and Laurie Rinker. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/]cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com . -- Chad Henne is getting another shot at starting in the NFL.ATLANTA -- The Lakers push for the playoffs might be without Kobe Bryant for a while. The Los Angeles star severely sprained his left ankle Wednesday night after missing a game-tying shot in the closing seconds of a loss to the Atlanta Hawks. Lakers spokesman John Black said Bryant is out indefinitely, just as a team that underachieved much of the season is playing its best basketball. The 96-92 loss snapped a four-game winning streak and was just Los Angeles third loss in the last 12 games. The injury occurred with the Lakers trailing by two, after Bryant put up a baseline jumper that slid off the rim with 3 seconds remaining. As he came down, his left foot landed on defender Dahntay Jones right foot, twisting awkwardly as Bryant crumpled to the court. No foul was called. Bryant remained down for a few seconds then hobbled to the bench accompanied by the trainer. The 34-year-old seemed perturbed that he couldnt stay in the game, but he had to sit since the Lakers were out of timeouts. Kyle Korver hit two free throws to clinch Atlantas win. While X-rays were negative, Bryant could miss significant time.dddddddddddd He said its the worst sprain hes had in his 16-year career, and blamed Jones for sliding underneath him after he went up for the shot. "First and foremost, the officials really need to protect shooters," Bryant said. "You just cant go into shooters. Thats a dangerous play." He didnt say how long he might be out. "Ill just do what I have to do," Bryant said. Then, he delivered a warning to Jones and the Hawks. "I cant get my mind past the fact that I have to wait a year to get revenge," Bryant said, knowing the teams dont meet again in the regular season. "Its just a very, very dangerous play, especially when Im fading away." Bryant has carried the Lakers in their turnaround and ranks among the NBA scoring leaders at 27.5 points per game. Despite scoring 31 points against the Hawks, it was largely an off night. He made just 11 of 33 shots and missed the biggest one of all with a chance to force overtime. "He cant be Superman every day," coach Mike DAntoni said. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes