Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

mer transfer window which will open July 1s - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

mer transfer window which will open July 1s

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/11 09:46PM
Latest post: 2015/03/11 09:46PM, Views: 185, Posts: 1
mer transfer window which will open July 1s
#1   2015/03/11 09:46PM
wff0605
TORONTO - Set to make his Raptors debut at home to the 76ers Friday, suiting up for his fourth team in four seasons, Greivis Vasquez has one thing on his mind. Fed up with losing - hes done more than enough of it early in his career - the Raptors new point guard just wants to win. "Im tired of losing," Vasquez proclaimed, shortly after his first practice in Toronto Thursday afternoon. "I think winning just feels so much better. Im not looking be an all-star or anything else like that, right now Im just looking at how I can help my team." "Its all about fit and I think I fit in here." Vasquez, acquired from Sacramento on Monday, was the last of the four new players to arrive in Toronto after being held up in New York for two days getting his paperwork sorted out. He had every reason to be drained, but unlike his three Kings-turned-Raptors teammates a day prior, he did not show it. For him, this trade - his third since coming into the league in 2010 - is an opportunity for a fresh start, a fresh start he may or may not find in Toronto but one he desperately needs. "I just want to play," the Venezuelan-born point guard said. "I just want to be happy, I want to feel like Im enjoying what Im doing and this opportunity is probably going to get that back for me because I was struggling in Sacramento." "Hopefully I stay here for a long time, but you cant control that. Im just looking forward to the opportunity. I think this is really going to be a fresh start for me." Since playing a marginal role on the Grizzlies team that went to the Conference Semifinals in his rookie year, the 26-year-old lost 100 games in two seasons with the Hornets before being traded to the Kings this past summer. Coming off a career season, in which he averaged 13.9 points and 9.0 assists with New Orleans, placing second in most improved player voting, Vasquez never quite found his game in Sacramento. Recovering from offseason ankle surgery, Vasquez was limited in training camp with his new team and struggled, not unlike the Kings themselves, upon his return to the lineup. A class act, Vasquez was very careful to remain thankful and respectful to the Kings organization, however he was very clearly thrilled to move on. "The NBA is all about fit, how you fit with a team," he said. "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt work. Unfortunately it didnt work in Sacramento, nothing against the franchise or the guys that play there." "Ive (turned) the page," he continued. "I want to play for the Toronto Raptors, I want to win a lot of games and hopefully I play my whole career here." Theres something you dont hear everyday. "Hopefully I play my whole career here," spoken by a player wearing a Raptors logo on his chest. Its a nice sentiment but a bit premature for someone whose jersey is hot off the press, for a player who hasnt yet felt the anguish of being a Raptor. Vasquez wants to win. He thinks they can and he believes they will win. That - whether by design or not - seems like wishful thinking, at least for the immediate future. Masai Ujiri has already shipped out the teams most talented, albeit most flawed player. According to multiple reports, the Raptors general manager is aggressively shopping Kyle Lowry, on the verge of sending his expiring contract to New York, or Brooklyn, or Golden State, or somewhere, wherever. The season of change has just begun but many fans, media-types, league executives and even players believe they know where this is headed. "A lot of people talk about tanking and all that," Vasquez acknowledged, asked if hes willing to be patient and wait for a time in which this team is ready to win. "Ill speak on my behalf, obviously I know players, you know players in this league, Im not going to go out there and just give the ball away and say, hey just score." "I just want to go out there and complete and whether we win or lose at the end of the day you want to feel like you gave everything." Vasquezs presence will win the Raptors a game or two this year, maybe more, whether they like it or not, whether you like it or not. And thats not a bad thing. He is both the perfect player and the perfect person for any organization looking to change their long-suffering culture. On Wednesday veteran Chuck Hayes acknowledged the Raptors long-standing reputation around the league for being a soft team. Having tough-minded players around, winning players, never hurts regardless of where you are in a rebuild. Just ask Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady what Charles Oakley or Alvin Williams meant to their careers. The likes of Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross and even DeMar DeRozan will benefit greatly from playing alongside Vasquez, regardless of whether or not that translates to unwanted victories. Auditioning for his future - hell become a free agent at the end of the season - Vasquez will increase the teams watchability. He and coach Dwane Casey have already spoken about running more pick-and-roll, music to the ears of Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, and his pass-first style of play should bring back memories of Jose Calderon. "Im not going to score 30 points a night but I can get you 10 assists a night," he said. "Its not about how much success you have as an individual. I want to win, thats the bottom line. I had a great season last year and I still got traded, youve got to do things on a winning team and thats what I want to do here." Vasquez wants to win. Whether or not he succeeds in his mission as a Raptor, embrace it and enjoy the ride. Cheap Manchester City Jerseys . The hit made a winner of Rex Brothers (1-0), who turned in a scoreless top of the 13th. The Rockies posted their first walkoff win of the season and their first extra-inning victory this year. It wasnt the best game numbers-wise, said Wigginton, who was 1-for-6 at the plate, but it turned out a [win] and thats what matters. . One day after being released by the Calgary Stampeders, the veteran receiver, who has been battling injuries, will visit with Argonauts team doctors on Monday. [url=http://www.wholesalemlbcheapjerseys.com/]http://www.wholesalemlbcheapjersey... . The Heat say the phrase Baiamonte used represented a momentary lapse of judgment. Stoudemire injured his left hand after Game 2 of the series when he struck a metal-and-glass case that holds a fire extinguisher near the visitors locker room at AmericanAirlines Arena. Paramedics and doctors were summoned to stitch the wound, which stretched across much of the bottom of his hand and kept him out of Game 3. [url=http://www.wholesalemlbcheapjerseys.com/Mlb-Jerseys-Qf-25_Los-Angeles-Angel... Los Angeles Angels Jerseys . The Spurs announced the move Thursday without disclosing terms. Diaw played in 20 games, seven of them starts, after signing on with the Spurs on March 23. Cheap Manchester United Jerseys . -- The Canadian Womens Open golf tournament has secured a new sponsor.Not many people in Montreal remember the result of that 1981 NASL quarter final play off match between the Montreal Manic and the Chicago Sting but as sales to the Impacts MLS home opener have taken on a life form of their own through the week 58,542 is on the tip of every Impact fans lips. Look no further than Impact President Joey Saputo for the reason its the Chicago Fire who are the opponent when the leagues 19th franchise take their MLS bow in la belle ville. "For the opening game why not have the Fire come into town and try to replicate that Montreal Manic Chicago Sting game from 1981," the Montreal Impact President told TSN.ca. "We know Montreal is an event city so to continue to grow interest for the club and for MLS before the Saputo Stadium home opener June 16 we needed to create five separate events." Saputo then took the clubs suggestion of opening up their season at home against the Fire to MLS. With the Impact announcing earlier in the week ticket sales for the opener had crossed the 50,000 threshold, shifting another 10,000 is not only a distinct possibility but the clubs recent Olympic Stadium box office form guide states they do. "Against Santos Laguna over 10,000 tickets were sold in the last two days and for AC Milan over 10,000 the day before the game, and another 10,000 tickets were sold on the day of the game. So if history repeats itself we should break that 1981 record." To bear this out, TSN.ca understands that as of 24 hours away from Saturdays 2pm kick off, close to 55,000 tickets have now been sold. As ticket sales for the Impacts Olympic Stadium matches are in high demand, the same cant be said for season tickets. Executive VP Richard Legendre very recently disclosed the club had sold 7,500. The Impacts goal is 13,000. "If we take a look at the overall of where we are today, thats the only significant aspect that I am personally disappointed at. I would love to have been at 13,000 kicking off the season. But I think this years a special season." "Our real home opener at Saputo Stadium isnt until June so we absolutely have until then to hit the levels we want to hit." The Impact will stage a private function ahead of Saturdays kick off. Saputo explaining, "A Dignitary VIP event is happening at one oclock. I can say the MLS commissioner and president will be in town and the Mayor will come to the match. There will be certain people in attendance but for the aspect of privacy I dont want to at this particular time mention who those people are." One Olympic Stadium legend who is scheduled to be in attendance is Montreal Expos founder Charles Bronfman. Fire owner Andrew Hauptman is married to Bronfmans daughter, Ellen. Yesterday evening, the Impact opened up the doors to Olympic Stadium for the official presentation of the players in front of thousands of club supporters. The squad also conducted a practice session. The squad held final preparations in front of a growing media throng Friday afternoon.All the formalities over the club are chomping at the bit for Saturday. "Weve been putting games together for 18 years from our time in the second division, the international matches weve hosted so in terms of preparing the stadium its thankfully not new to us. We are fully prepared, were ready to play." Saputo may sound optimistic, but by the same token the Impact president is candid too. "I have to honestly tell you though that at one particular point in time we didnt think we were going to be able to hit the 50,000 number because sales were going particularly slow. But I have to tell you that as of last Saturdays match against the Whitecaps ticket sales have gone well, extremely well." So much for the theory bad results on the pitch have an adverse reaction at the box office. One of the Impacts most passionate supporters and like any fan the players are paramount to him. "Its going to be interesting to see - as a lot of the guys on this club today that have not played in front of a Montreal crowd and have not played in front of over 50,000 people and hopefully more than 58,000 people on Saturday." "Thats going to be the biggest shock to a lot of our players. Wow, Montreal really does support this club." FIRRST NIGHT NERVES - Joey Saputo arrived in Vancouver only hours ahead of last Saturdays historical match.dddddddddddd He had spent the previous day in Calgary visiting with his good friend Michael Cammalleri and then taking in last Friday nights Flames game. Saputo waxed philosophical when discussing the Impacts MLS debut. "We made history in many ways. First and foremost it was our 1st game in MLS and we also found out it was the fastest First Kick goal in MLS history and unfortunately it was against us. Overall it was a decent game but I cant say it was a great game on our behalf. There were a number of nervous bodies out there. Although we dont like use to the term we are an expansion franchise we played like an expansion franchise. Without a doubt Vancouvers team is much improved from last season." Saputo not only gets the business of soccer he also over his time at the helm of the club has become a connoisseur of the beautiful game. "We knew going into MLS it was a faster game, it was a more physical game than what we were used to. You take a look at some of the players that played for the Whitecaps we were out muscled to a certain extent and physically out challenged. It was no surprise going into the game and it was exactly what happened." IMPACT INC - Let alone factoring in Montreals avid obsession with leaving things to the last minute Saputo along with his most senior executives and trusted advisors knew season ticket numbers would not match those of recent expansion franchises. The club structured their plans with the view the marketing initiatives would reap rewards during their Olympic Stadium Residency. Their focus will shift to corporate Montreal - a sub species of the population thats yet to view soccer as a theatre for their clients in the same way they do with the Canadiens and the Alouettes. "In the past we havent traditionally gone after the corporate community. I dont think the corporate community has embraced soccer as a place to entertain your clients. Im not talking about from the corporate partnership prospective, thats gone extremely well but from the casual corporate sense that utilizes the Canadiens or the Alouettes to entertain." Saputo added, "Soccer still doesnt have that stigma come over to the stadium and entertain your clients so this is something we need to work on. Thats the season ticket base we are focused on to support your local team like you do the Canadiens or Alouettes. We must show these people that their local soccer club is now at the Major League level and apart from say the NBA coming here, MLS is huge. This is huge. Just wait until June 16 and our real home opener at Saputo Stadium." AZZURRI OF THE NORTH - Dont be shocked with the Impacts lean towards Italians and players familiar with the rigid structures of Italian club football. From day 1 back in 1983 the Impact have cultivated, become Drenowned and received grudging resepct from their opponents for a style of football whose origins are straight out of a Serie A playbook manual. Dont think for a moment that this mornings formal confirmation Corradi had signed for the club in any way signifies hell be the last Italian player signed this season. Its a raging certainty the DP the club are about to come to terms with, unless something extraordinary occurs, will be plucked from Serie A, one of world footballs greatest and grandest of entities. Out of respect for the player, his club and so as not to ramp up demand from old football Saputo would not be drawn on the players identity. In fact make that plural ; players identitities. "We have been taking to various players, we want to keep our options up. These are players that have been playing in European leagues. Its not a player who is at the end of his career, who is not important to his current club. Its a player we feel is wanting to come to North America even though he has an opportunity to stay in Europe. No announcements will be made until the end of the current European club season". Saputo did confirm that once theyd come to agreement - the player would be in Montreal well ahead of the summer transfer window which will open July 1st. [Montreal Impact vs. Chicago Fire, Live on TSN Saturday – Pre Game 1:30pm et / 10:30am pt] cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes