Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and spend one last night in Dallas before it was -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and spend one last night in Dallas before it was

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/11 09:44PM
Latest post: 2015/03/11 09:44PM, Views: 170, Posts: 1
and spend one last night in Dallas before it was
#1   2015/03/11 09:44PM
wff0605
(Sports Network) - A third MVP award hasnt changed the endgame for LeBron James or the Miami Heat. Fair or not, its championship or bust for the star-studded Heat, who is squaring off with the much-improved Indiana Pacers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals in South Florida. The second-seeded Heat had little trouble disposing of the banged-up and often dysfunctional New York Knicks, needing just five games to do so. Expectations are so high in South Beach, however, losing one game to Carmelo Anthony and Company was considered an affront by some observers. But, its all about winning 16 postseason games for the Heat, so much so that James, the games best player who is still searching for his first NBA championship, has taken to wearing a mouthpiece with the Roman Numeral XVI or 16 on it. James, of course, took a ton of "heat" last season in the NBA Finals when he and his teammates were outplayed by Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks as the Mavs defeated Miami for the NBA championship. LeBrons "inability" to close out games on the big stage was the main focus. When asked about the mouthpiece after the Heats Game 1 win over the Knicks in the first round, James told Fox Sports: "Its just inspirational. I know this is the biggest part of the season, the second part of the season, so its just an inspiration for me." No word if James will change to an "XII" mouthpiece for the Pacers but his quest is down to 12 after Miami finished off the Knicks with a 106-95 win in Game 5. James, as usual, had a solid all-around effort in the clincher with 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. The seventh-seeded Knicks were beset with injuries before and during the series, however, and werent really a test. Amare Stoudemire missed Game 3 with an injured left hand which he suffered when he punched a fire extinguisher after a loss in Game 2. Veteran point guard Baron Davis, who was starting in place of the injured Jeremy Lin, suffered devastating knee injuries in Game 4. Also, defensive stalwart Iman Shumpert was lost to a torn ACL in a 33-point Game 1 setback. "Its really a shame the injuries they went through," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Nobody wants to see it. We want to play teams at their best. We were able to persevere." On the eve of the set Saturday James was awarded his third MVP trophy in the last four seasons, becoming the eighth player in league history to be honored on at least three occasions. "This is my ninth year in the NBA," James said during a ceremony at American Airlines Arena. "Less than 10 years ago, I had dreams of being in the NBA. I had dreams of putting on an NBA uniform. I never dreamt about being a Most Valuable Player." James joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (6), Michael Jordan and Bill Russell (5), Wilt Chamberlain (4) and Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Moses Malone (3) on the list of players with at least three MVPs. "Even though, this is an individual award, its not an individual award," James added while thanking his family, the Heat organization and his teammates, who eventually joined him on the stage. "The reason Im up here today is because of those guys," he said addressing his teammates. "If those guys dont sacrifice what they sacrifice... I wouldnt be up here." The third-seeded Pacers, meanwhile, finished off Orlando in five games Tuesday to advance past the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 2005. "We feel like this is just the beginning of a big run. Were excited about where were at as a basketball team," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said. It can be argued though, that Indiana really wasnt tested either since the Magic were without superstar center Dwight Howard, who was lost to season- ending back surgery, for the entire set. "That team fought extremely hard the entire series and really made it a challenging series with their style of play, their energy and their effort," Vogel said about the Magic. "My hat is off to them." Already angling for an edge, Vogel was fined $15,000 on Saturday for calling Miami "the biggest flopping team" in the league and wondering how referees will call the upcoming semifinal series between the teams. The NBA said the fine was for "comments about how the referees should officiate the Pacers upcoming series with the Heat." The only playoff meeting between the Pacers and Heat came in 2004 in the East semifinals with Indiana winning in six games. Miami won three of the four encounters this season, however. "Weve played some great ball against them," James said. "I think we gave them more problems than they gave us. Its going to be a great series." cheap nfl jerseys . Neil Schwartz confirmed the deal to The Associated Press. Tennessee has declined comment on any deals until the team is able to sign veterans Friday afternoon. wholesale jerseys . -- Isaiah Pead took a stutter step forward, then raced to the left sideline and travelled 60 yards up the field before finally getting tripped up by a leg tackle. http://www.cheapjerseyssafe.com/ . One day after being released by the Calgary Stampeders, the veteran receiver, who has been battling injuries, will visit with Argonauts team doctors on Monday. cheap jerseys . They had partnered for 12 seasons -- an eternity in this day and age for a franchise and a manager. They had won a lot of games together -- 998 to be exact -- and six division titles. jerseys from china . Andre Iguodala added 18 points and Kenneth Faried had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Nuggets, who improved to 11-2 at home this season after their eight-game winning streak at the Pepsi Center was snapped Thursday in a loss to Minnesota. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- David Nelson was home in Texas and getting ready to head to a baseball game Monday night, when his agent called. Forget the Texas Rangers-Tampa Bay Rays wild-card tiebreaker, he told the wide receiver. "You should probably watch the football game," Nelson recalled him saying. "Because youre going to be playing next Monday night." The New York Jets signed Nelson on Wednesday, and the former Buffalo Bills wide receiver could make an immediate impact on a banged-up receiving corps. Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill could both be sidelined for the Jets game against the Falcons at Atlanta on Monday night, so Nelson might need to be ready to play despite just getting to his new team. "Im confident that I can, when it comes to Monday," Nelson said, "Ill know where to be and when to be there." Holmes tweaked a hamstring at Tennessee last Sunday and is expected to miss a few games. Hill suffered a concussion, and his status was uncertain. "I think David is going to be a big-time target for us," quarterback Geno Smith said. Nelson played with Buffalo from 2010-12 and caught 94 passes for 1,042 yards and eight touchdowns. He signed with Cleveland in the off-season but was among the Browns final cuts before the regular season. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Nelsons best season came in 2011, when he had 61 receptions for 658 yards and five touchdowns. "Ive never been involved in a West Coast system, per se," Nelson said about offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs offence. "Routes are similar. Itss just done in a little bit different manner as far as motioning and formations.dddddddddddd But the routes are the same, so its just figuring out what routes go with what concept." He said hes completely healthy after he tore a ligament in his right knee in the Bills season opener last year -- against the Jets at MetLife Stadium. Nelson, who impressed the Jets during a workout last week, spent several hours working with receivers coach Sanjay Lal on Tuesday. Nelson said Smith also introduced himself and immediately took him to the film room to watch the Falcons offence together. "Hes a veteran guy, and youve got to get him up to speed in a hurry," coach Rex Ryan said. "I have no idea how much he knows of this system or anything else right now. But I know we had to defend against him. Hes a very capable receiver." In four games against the Jets, Nelson had 15 receptions for 189 yards and two TDs -- both in 2011. "I told him its good to finally be on his side so I dont have to worry about his schemes anymore," Nelson said he told Ryan. "And he turned around and said, Its good to have you on my side so I dont have to worry about scheming against you anymore. So, that was comforting and gave me a lot of confidence." Oh, and as far as that Rangers game, Nelson still went and watched Texas season end with a 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay. "Im a huge Rangers fan, and a huge baseball fan," Nelson said. "It was just a chance to celebrate with my brother and spend one last night in Dallas before it was back to the grind." cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes