Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

fate over the phone. Sedin has 30 goals and - Coun...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

fate over the phone. Sedin has 30 goals and

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/10 10:48PM
Latest post: 2015/03/10 10:48PM, Views: 152, Posts: 1
fate over the phone. Sedin has 30 goals and
#1   2015/03/10 10:48PM
wff0605
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Max Scherzer wrote his name into the Detroit Tigers history books. Scherzer won his ninth straight decision, and the Detroit Tigers beat Kansas City 3-2 to snap the Royals six-game winning streak on Tuesday night. Scherzer pitched seven sharp innings to become the first Tigers starter to begin the season 9-0 since Vern Kennedy in 1938. "Its nice," Scherzer said. "Dont get me wrong - I love being 9-0, but its more important that we won. For me, its all about going out there and pitching deep into the game and effective. "If we score in the ninth, I dont get the win. Its kind of fluky sometimes that stat can relate to pitching. The way I look at success is how well I pitch." Don Kelly, who had two hits and drove in a run, praised Scherzers accomplishment. "He deserves it," Kelly said. "Hes been throwing the ball really well. It started last year. He really turned it on and carried it over to this year. Hes throwing all of his pitches for strikes, getting ahead of guys. Hes tough to hit." He limited the Royals to three hits and two runs, while striking out six and walking two. Aaron Crow (2-2), a college teammate of Scherzers at Missouri, took the loss after pitching out of a bases loaded jam in the seventh. "Were buds," Scherzer said. "We played at Missouri together. Im a junior and hes a freshman. So I always have a leg up on him." Crow hit Miguel Cabrera with a pitch to start the eighth. Cabrera advanced to third on Prince Fielders single to right on a full count and scored on Victor Martinezs sacrifice fly to left. That was the first run allowed by the Royals bullpen in 21 innings. Jose Valverde struggled in the ninth inning for his ninth save in 11 opportunities. Salvador Perez led off with a single and Elliot Johnson ran for him and stole second on the first pitch. Valverde struck out Billy Butler looking on a full-count pitch. Butler was ejected by plate umpire Jordan Baker for arguing the call. Valverde then retired Lorenzo Cain on an infield popup and David Lough on a grounder. "I didnt think it was close when it happened and I came back and looked at it again and it was even more (inside) than I thought it was," Butler said. "He told me it was on the plate. Especially in that situation, wed have first and second with no outs, I lost my cool." Wade Davis, who is 1-5 in his past 10 starts, departed in the seventh after giving up Omar Infantes third hit. Davis permitted two runs on eight hits, while striking out five and walking one. Tim Collins replaced Davis and allowed an 0-2 single to pinch hitter Avisail Garcia and walked Matt Tuiasosopo on five pitches to load the bases. Crow was summoned to face Torii Hunter and struck him out on four pitches to end the inning. Don Kellys single in the second scored Martinez with the first Detroit run. Infante scored on Andy Dirks fielders choice ground out in the fifth. Lough homered, his first in the majors, off Scherzer to lead off the Royals fifth. Alcides Escobar singled home Mike Moustakas with the second run of the inning to tie the score at 2-all. "The first at-bat I saw three pitches and struck out; they were all fastballs," Lough said. "In the second at-bat he gave me a changeup up and I hit it out. It felt pretty good but we didnt get the win. Whether it was out or off the wall I was thinking three right off the bat." NOTES: OF Austin Jackson went 1 for 3 with a strikeout and an RBI and played five innings in centre field in his second rehab game with Triple-A Toledo. Jackson is on the disabled list with a pulled left hamstring, but could be activated Friday. "We have to make sure hes ready to hit up here," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. "Well have to see where his timing is. Hopefully hell have no issues physically." ... The Royals signed LHP Cody Reed, their second-round pick, for $1.19 million. Reed was 8-3 with a 2.39 ERA with Northwest Mississippi. ... Royals RHP James Shields, who starts Wednesday, is winless in seven starts since an April 30 victory over Tampa Bay. ... Royals RHP Felipe Paulino, who had reconstructive elbow surgery last year, threw five scoreless innings and allowed two hits Tuesday in his first minor league rehab start. He was 3-1 with a 1.67 ERA in seven starts last season with Kansas City before the injury. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.u... . QPRs first win in the topflight at Stamford Bridge since March 1979 was secured by Shaun Wright-Phillips scoring against his former club. The end of Chelseas four-game winning run in one of the biggest shocks so far this season left Benitezs side fourth in the standings, 14 points behind leader Manchester United. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Auburns Gus Malzahn has been named Home Depot Coach of the Year, and Washingtons Austin Seferian-Jenkins was selected the John Mackey Award winner for the nations outstanding tight end. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.u... . The results have been smashing. Gonzalez extended a power surge by hitting three home runs in his last three at-bats, Michael Cuddyer belted a grand slam and Dexter Fowler also homered, leading the Colorado Rockies past the Houston Astros 13-5 on Wednesday night for their third win in a row. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys China . Sinclair, Evans and Sean Duke all had to go through the IRB concussion protocol after blows to the head in an ill-tempered win over Tonga last weekend that resulted in three suspensions for the Pacific Islanders. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes