Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ander Esswein gave Nuremberg victory over Augs - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ander Esswein gave Nuremberg victory over Augs

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/09 06:22AM
Latest post: 2015/03/09 06:22AM, Views: 223, Posts: 1
ander Esswein gave Nuremberg victory over Augs
#1   2015/03/09 06:22AM
wff0605
BRISBANE, Australia - Top-seeded Andy Murray shifted up a gear in a 6-2, 6-2 win over Marcos Baghdatis on Friday to advance to the semifinals at the Brisbane International, his only tuneup before the Australian Open. Murray dropped the opening sets in his first two rounds here as he overcame soreness and stiffness from the off-season, but had no serious difficulty in dispatching doubles partner Baghdatis in little more than an hour. Murray has lost the last two Australian Open finals and recently hired Ivan Lendl to help him break his Grand Slam title drought. The Scot will next play eighth-seeded Bernard Tomic. The Australian teenager, a quarterfinalist at Wimbledon last year, converted the only breakpoint chance of the match to beat Uzbekistans Dennis Istomin 6-3, 7-6 (4). Murray saved both break points he faced against Baghdatis, the 2006 Australian Open runner-up, and converted all four of his own. After a difficult service game to hold in the fourth game of the second set, Murray broke in the fifth to take a 3-2 lead. He earned triple breakpoint two games later after a scrambling rally that included a shot between his legs that caught Baghdatis off guard. Murray secured a 5-2 lead on the next point when he successfully challenged a baseline call. "I played very well today ... moved very well from the start, which wasnt the case in the last two matches, so really, really happy," Murray said. "The aches and pains I had from the first two matches have gone, so its good." Murray has lost three major finals, and is desperate to end a drought for British men in Grand Slam singles that dates to 1936. Lendl, an eight-time Grand Slam titlist, arrived in Australia from the United States on Friday and was due to meet with Murray in Brisbane on Saturday to start fine-tuning for the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16 in Melbourne. "The Australian Open has always been the tournament that Ive done my best at since I was young," said Murray, who has overcome the groin strain that curtailed the end of his 2011 season. "So I look forward to going back there and hopefully go one better than last year." The No. 42-ranked Tomic has played Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, so has a good idea of what to expect from No. 4-ranked Murray in the semifinals. "Tomorrow will be a test for me to see where I am," he said. "I am ready. I know I can take sets off these guys. In a best-of-three match like this ... maybe I can pull off a win." In womens semifinals, Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters was playing Daniela Hantuchova, who got a walkover in the quarterfinals when 13-time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams withdrew from the tournament after injuring her left ankle, and Francesca Schiavone takes on Estonias Kaia Kanepi. cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com . Sizemore went on the disabled list last week with a bruised kneecap. He ran sprints in the outfield at close to full speed on Tuesday before the Indians hosted Boston. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . The linebacker made one Pro Bowl and one All-Pro team in 11 NFL seasons, the first 10 with the smaller-market Tennessee Titans. Bulluck officially retired as a Titan on Friday. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.u... . -- Vanessa Davidsons goal midway through the second period proved to be the winner as the Montreal Stars defended their Clarkson Cup Canadian Womens Hockey League championship title with a 4-2 victory over Brampton HC on Sunday. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/]www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com[/... . Sale pitched seven sharp innings and Paul Konerko and Alex Rios backed him with home runs, leading the Chicago White Sox to a 6-0 win over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday night. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/nike-nfl-jerseys-china_seattle-seah... .4 million contract. Emelin, the teams leading hitter, has played 105 games over two seasons with the Canadiens, tallying six goals and 19 points. BERLIN -- Mario Gomez converted two penalties in his hat trick to give Bayern Munich a 3-0 win over Kaiserslautern, leaving his side provisionally top of the Bundesliga on Saturday. Gomez scored from the spot in the 37th minute, and again in the 55th at the second attempt, before Thomas Mueller set up his third goal in the 69th. Kaiserslauterns Ivo Ilicevic received a straight red card in the final minute for a kick on Anatoliy Tymoshchuk. Canada defender Kevin McKenna scored an 88th-minute winner -- three minutes after going on a substitute -- as Cologne twice came from behind to win 4-3 at Hamburger SV. Also, defending champion Borussia Dortmund and runner-up Bayer Leverkusen finished 0-0 and without a man each. Leverkusen defender Michal Kadlec earned a second yellow card for a bad challenge on Mario Goetze in 64th, and Goetze received a straight red for a flick in retaliation at Hanno Balitsch in the 77th. "We were clearly the better team in a great game -- up to the red card," said Leverkusen coach Robin Dutt. "But in the end, the draw is fair." Both goalkeepers were in inspirational form, Roman Weidenfeller denying Leverkusens Andre Schuerrle and Stefan Reinartz early on, while man-of-the-match Bernd Leno pulled off outstanding reflex saves against Shinji Kagawa twice and substitute Ivan Perisic. Mats Hummels thought hed scored from Ilkay Guendogans free kick in the 83rd, but referee Wolfgang Stark ordered it retaken -- after sending a Dortmund technical assistant to the stands -- and Hummels was wide from the second attempt. "It wasnt a world-class performance (from Stark) but it was an outstanding football game," said Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp. Elsewhere, Nuremberg beat Augsburg 1-0, Freiburg overran Wolfsburg 3-0, and Werder Bremen won 2-1 at Hoffenheim. Despite playing without the injured Arjen Robben, it was Bayerns "best game of the season" for coach Jupp Heynckes. "The team played as if everything was a matter of course," Heynckes said. "However, we have to make more of our chances. We didnt allow anything in defence -- Im very happy about that. I said that the team would improve from game to game and I think that we can still play better." Kaiserslautern defender Rodnei was involved in both penalties for Bayern, conceding the first after the ball hit his hand in the penalty area. Itay Shechter should have made more of Manuel Neuers mistake three minutes later, but the Israeli hesitated with the Bayern keeper off his line and then passed to Clemens Walch, who was offside. Kaiserslauutern had only two shots on goal in the first half, compared to five alone for Gomez.dddddddddddd. Rodnei conceded his second penalty with a clumsy challenge on Mueller. Kevin Trapp saved from Gomez, who scored at the second attempt. Mueller was a constant menace for the Kaiserslautern defence, beating a number of defenders on the left before cutting back for Gomez to shoot straight past Trapp. Hamburg is bottom of the table with only one point from four games, and coach Michael Oennings position is under pressure after conceding 14 goals. "This is a tougher pill to swallow than the (5-0) defeat to Bayern," Oenning said. "We played good football (but) didnt take the chances to make it 4-2. I never had the feeling at this time that we could lose." Mladen Petric scored a penalty for Hamburg in the 11th minute, before Adil Chihi equalized 10 minutes later with an easy tap in. Cologne coach Stale Solbakken introduced Lukas Podolski at halftime, and the Germany striker had an immediate impact with a driving run on the left before crossing for Milivoje Novakovic to score in the 49th. However, Slobodan Rajkovic scored on his Hamburg debut in the 59th, when he was in the right place after Son Heung-Mins header hit the post. Son gave Hamburg the lead for the second time three minutes later, when he took the ball past Andrezinho with his right foot before curling it past goalkeeper Miro Varvodic with his left. Dennis Aogo and Novakovic were then booked for a dispute in which the Cologne striker appeared to pull the Hamburg defenders nose. Cologne equalized again in the 84th, when another substitute, Christian Clemens, was unmarked to score off Mato Jajalos corner. McKenna completed a remarkable turnaround when Drobny failed to clear a free kick from Sascha Riether, and the 31-year-old Canadian scored through a crowded area. "It was no game for a coach with a pacemaker," said Solbakken, who had a pacemaker fitted after a heart attack in 2001. "Im very happy because we were much stronger mentally." Freiburg gave coach Marcus Sorg his first Bundesliga win through goals from Oliver Barth, Erik Jendrisek and former Wolfsburg player Cedrick Makiadi, who scored with a spectacular volley from 15 yards. In Hoffenheim, the home side went ahead through Roberto Firmino in the 37th, but Marko Arnautovic equalized a minute later. Claudio Pizarro crossed for substitute Markus Rosenberg to score the winner in the 83rd. Substitute Alexander Esswein gave Nuremberg victory over Augsburg with a fine individual effort in the 76th. [url=http://www.cheapjerseyssafe.com/]cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes