Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

slugger with 11 stitches in his chin and sorenes -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

slugger with 11 stitches in his chin and sorenes

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/05 09:21PM
Latest post: 2015/03/05 09:21PM, Views: 151, Posts: 1
slugger with 11 stitches in his chin and sorenes
#1   2015/03/05 09:21PM
wff0605
SAN FRANCISCO -- Ahmad Brooks always wanted to stay in the Bay Area, a place that has become a new home after all those painful memories of getting cut by Cincinnati four years ago, and the San Francisco 49ers sure made it hard for him to leave. Now the two are tied together long term. Brooks signed a six-year, $44.5 million contract extension with San Francisco on Tuesday that will take him through the 2017 season and keep one of the NFLs best linebacker units intact. The deal is worth $17.5 million guaranteed, said his agent, Greg Williams. "Something was telling me just to sign here. I feel like this is where I should be," said Brooks, who couldve opted for free agency. "These are the people who gave me a chance to get this contract." Brooks emerged as a regular starter for the first time in his six-year NFL career last season. Along with All-Pro inside linebackers Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman and sensational rookie Aldon Smith at the other outside spot, Brooks helped the 49ers win the NFC West behind one of the leagues best defences. San Francisco allowed only 14.3 points per game, second only to Pittsburgh at 14.2. The 49ers lost at home in overtime of the NFC championship game to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants. "I think he felt a part of the team. He felt like it was home," Williams said. "I think it was kind of a feeling all year long that he wanted to stay there. We kept options open on whether he would go to free agency or not. He believes that this is the opportunity to be on a good team for a long time and he wants to be a part of it." Brooks big payday almost never happened. Brooks, who will be 28 on March 14, admits he mightve enjoyed the NFLs riches a bit too much earlier in his career. He was even told by coaches he wasnt smart enough to learn defences, he said, and often given excuses as to why he couldnt crack the roster. The Bengals, who selected Brooks in the third round of the 2006 supplemental draft out of Virginia, cut him just before the 2008 season. "I dont like the simple fact that a team told me, Well, hey, we dont want you," Brooks said. "I never had that happen to me ever in my life. It kind of felt like a girl broke up with me and broke my heart." The 49ers selected Brooks off waivers and the outside linebacker vowed to change his ways. In 2009, Brooks had a franchise single-season record with five forced fumbles. He had 50 tackles, seven sacks and a forced fumble while becoming a key member of defensive co-ordinator Vic Fangios top-ranked run defence last season. And In San Franciscos thrilling 36-32 playoff win over New Orleans, Brooks had one of three sacks on record-setting Saints quarterback Drew Brees, a fourth-quarter hit on the quarterback for a 7-yard loss. Brooks turnaround has culminated this off-season. A little more than a week ago, he was baptized at a Bay Area church. Brooks has been working out regularly at 49ers headquarters, and now that he has the contract hes always craved, hes not about to forget how far hes come from those Cincinnati days. "I pretty much told myself that I would never let that happen," Brooks said. "Regardless of what goes on in my life, I will never let this happen again. I pretty much had to reevaluate myself as a player and a person to become the best person and the best football player I could be, because its not going to last forever. "And then once you retire from the game or once the NFL says no to you, we dont want you to play anymore, you want to go out knowing you did all you can do. And thats where Im at with myself." wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Nicolas Deschamps had a goal and two assists and Marcel Mueller added three assists as the Toronto Marlies defeated the Grand Rapids Griffins 4-2 in American League Hockey action Friday. cheap jerseys .E.I. Rocket, Josh Currie has never produced the way he is right now. http://www.cheapchinajerseynfl.us.co... . Coming off an embarrassing 5-0 loss to the Boston Bruins on Friday night the Senators made the most of the rematch as they defeated the Bruins 4-3 at the Canadian Tire Centre. [url=http://www.cheapchinajerseynfl.us.com/]wholesale jerseys . -- The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with Olympic silver medallist Jeff Demps, who played running back at Florida but was not drafted by an NFL team because he said he wanted to focus on his track career. cheap jerseys from china . The bounce in his step after every birdie. His name at the top of the leaderboard. LOS ANGELES -- Clayton Kershaw struck out 11 and finished one out shy of a shutout, Andre Ethier hit a two-run single and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Washington Nationals 2-0 on Tuesday night. Kershaw threw a career-high 132 pitches and scattered five hits in his first win since April 28. He escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first inning by striking out Tyler Moore. The Dodgers scored in the third after Kershaw walked and Matt Kemp singled off Dan Haren. Both runners advanced on a wild pitch and scored on Ethiers sharp single to centre. Kershaw (4-2) was pulled after Adam LaRoche singled with two outs in the ninth on his career-high 132nd pitch, most by a major league starter since Detroit ace Justin Verlander also threw 132 on Aug. 6 last year against the Yankees, according to STATS. Kenley Jansen got the final out for his second save. Kershaw flirted with his career high of 13 strikeouts. He struck out 11 through six innings but was unable to get any more. The Nationals got an early opportunity against Kershaw but were unable to take advantage of it. Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond singled with two outs in the first inning, and LaRochee walked to load the bases.dddddddddddd Kershaw then struck out Moore. The left-hander fanned leadoff hitter Danny Espinosa to start the game, giving him 1,000 career innings. Haren (4-4) was looking for his fourth consecutive win but a troublesome third inning turned out to be costly. The Dodgers put runners at first and second with two outs in the second, but Haren worked his way out of the jam by getting No. 8 batter Dee Gordon on a fly ball for the third out. Kershaw kept the Nationals in check after the first inning, retiring 21 of his last 23 batters. The only blemishes during that stretch were singles by Zimmerman in the third and sixth. Zimmerman had three of Washingtons four hits and was finally retired on a deep fly to right field in the ninth. Kershaw had at least one strikeout in each of the first six innings. He struck out the side in the second. NOTES: Nationals OF Bryce Harper sat out after running headfirst into the right-field wall while chasing a fly ball Monday night. The violent collision left the 20-year-old slugger with 11 stitches in his chin and soreness all over his body. He is expected to miss the series finale Wednesday night, too. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes