Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

on..Marlins 3B Placido Polanco reached over the r ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

on..Marlins 3B Placido Polanco reached over the r

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/05 09:20PM
Latest post: 2015/03/05 09:20PM, Views: 180, Posts: 1
on..Marlins 3B Placido Polanco reached over the r
#1   2015/03/05 09:20PM
wff0605
The National Lacrosse League announced a new and expanded playoff format along with division realignment, both set to begin with the upcoming 2014 NLL season. The league will reduce the number of teams who qualify for the playoffs from eight to six teams, featuring the top three clubs in each divisions standings. The two regular season division champions will earn a first-round bye as top seeds. The second seed will host the third seed in their respective division for the single-game elimination Division Semifinal in the first round. New to the postseason format, the Division Finals and Championship both expand to a two-game series from the previous single-game elimination setup. The top seed from each division will play the winner of the Division Semifinal game between the second and third seeds, with the lower-seeded team hosting the first game and the higher seed hosting the second game of the series. Teams who win both games shall win the two-game series. In the event of a series split with both teams winning one game, a 10-minute tiebreaker game will be played immediately following the conclusion of the second contest to determine the winner of the playoff series. Coinciding with the new postseason format, the leagues divisions will realign this season as the Minnesota Swarm join the Buffalo Bandits, Philadelphia Wings, Rochester Knighthawks and Toronto Rock in the new five-team East Division. The four-team West Division will be comprised of the Calgary Roughnecks, Colorado Mammoth, Edmonton Rush and Vancouver Stealth. The new playoff format was made official when the league recently reached an accord with the Professional Lacrosse Players Association for a new seven-year Collective Bargaining Agreement through the 2020 NLL season. The 2014 NLL regular season begins on Saturday, Dec. 28. Cheap Anaheim Ducks Jerseys . -- Kobe Bryant is back in practice with the Los Angeles Lakers, and even the five-time NBA champion gets a charge out of getting back to work. Ch... Bolton Wanderers Jerseys . Tsonga fired 11 aces and didnt drop a service game in the match to improve his record to four wins in five tour-level matches against his French compatriot. After Tsonga got the decisive break of the first set in the second game, the second set went with serve until the tiebreaker. ... . The Galaxy won all four meetings between the two sides last season, and a wonderful strike from 25 yards off the foot of Juninho continued that run of dominance. The best chance in a scoreless first half came from Seattles Erik Friburg, who shot just wide of the right post from outside the penalty area with Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders off his line. [url=http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys . Dont miss any of the action live on TSN2 at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Bryant wasnt happy after the Lakers fell behind by as many as 27 points before losing the back end of a home-and-home set to Phoenix, 102-90, on Sunday in the desert. Ch... Sacramento Kings Jerseys . Major League Soccer postponed that game until Sunday, after the storm has moved out. As of midday Saturday, all four big college basketball games in the state and the Denver Nuggets game against the Minnesota Timberwolves were still on. The University of Colorado issued a statement saying its 2:30 p.MIAMI - Jhonny Peralta is relieved that his long absence is over. Peralta played in his first game since completing a 50-game suspension, and had a hit and an RBI in the Detroit Tigers 3-2 loss to the Miami Marlins on Friday night. "I felt pretty good," Peralta said. "I saw the ball well, the breaking ball and everything. I made good contact." Peralta, who was suspended as a result of Major League baseballs investigation into Biogenesis, the Florida anti-aging clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs, started in left field. He had his first chance on Giancarlo Stantons bases-loaded double in the third inning that gave Miami a 3-0 lead. The Marlins loaded the bases on Koyle Hills leadoff single and consecutive two-out walks to Placido Polanco and Christian Yelich. "I played deep to him, close to the wall," said Peralta, a career infielder trying a new position in an effort to earn a spot on Detroits post-season roster. "Thats what they told me to do. He hit it perfect, close to the line. There was nothing I could do." Peraltas run-scoring double chased Miami starter Tom Koehler in the sixth and cut the Marlins lead to 3-2. "He was slow getting to the ball by Stanton," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said of Peralta. "But overall he did fine — first time out there in a big league game." The loss guaranteed AL Central champion Detroit will open the division series on the road. Oakland beat Seattle and holds a two-game lead over the Tigers for home-field advantage with two to play. The Athletics hold the tiebreaker, having won the season series 4-3. "You cant win a division title if you cant win on the road," Leyland said. "Ive always been proud to take my team on the road. I think sometimes — to be honest — the pressure is on the home team more." Stanton drove in three runs for the Marlins and Koehler (5-10) pitcheed 5 1-3 innings, allowing two runs and five hits while walking three and striking out three.dddddddddddd. "We had some great at-bats, were patient," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "(Stanton) was fortunate enough to come up with the bases loaded and hit it down the line." Ryan Webb relieved Koehler and pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings and Chad Qualls followed with a perfect eighth. Steve Cishek pitched a scoreless ninth for his 29th consecutive save and 34th in 36 opportunities. "It was a great way to go out," said Koehler, who battled a stomach virus before the game. "Ive been real pleased the way Ive been throwing the ball the last couple of outings. I only feel the experience Ive had here is going to help me in the future." The Tigers scored their first run on Austin Jacksons run-scoring single in the fifth. Koehler struck out Andy Dirks to end the Tigers threat. Detroits Jose Alvarez (1-5) lasted 2 2-3 innings in his return to the starting rotation after eight relief appearances. He allowed three runs and two hits, walking two and striking out three in his first start since Aug. 16. Earlier Friday, the Marlins fired Larry Beinfest, the teams president of baseball operations. Beinfest had overseen player personnel for the Marlins since 2002. NOTES: Former Marlin Miguel Cabrera received a warm ovation before his first at-bat in the first inning and after he was removed for a pinch runner following his leadoff single in the sixth. Cabrera, who went 2 for 3, played with the Marlins the first five seasons of his career before being traded to Detroit in 2008. ... 1B Prince Fielder was replaced by Don Kelly after he walked to lead off the second. ... The roof at Marlins Park was open for the 14th time in the season..Marlins 3B Placido Polanco reached over the railing and landed in the stands to catch Don Kellys pop-up in the eighth inning. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes