Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

o better," Angola coach Lito Vidigal said. On - Co...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

o better," Angola coach Lito Vidigal said. On

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/05 09:17PM
Latest post: 2015/03/05 09:17PM, Views: 187, Posts: 1
o better," Angola coach Lito Vidigal said. On
#1   2015/03/05 09:17PM
wff0605
BOSTON, Massachusetts - Brandon Morrow, who was scratched from Fridays start at Fenway Park due to a back strain, is feeling better but not well enough to start Sundays series finale with the Red Sox. He expects to be ready to pitch Wednesdays home game against the defending world champion San Francisco Giants. "Yeah, the way that its improved the last 24 hours, 48 hours, I think I should (be ready,") said Morrow. "I think Im going to try to get off the mound (Sunday) and then get all my throwing in in between. That was another thing why pushing back to Wednesday makes sense. I really havent even moved since Tuesday. Its just been coming in for treatment, sit down, watch the game and then go back and lie down. I havent played catch, I havent run, I havent really done anything." Right-hander Chad Jenkins has been recalled from Double-A New Hampshire. To make room on the active roster, outfielder Rajai Davis has been placed on the 15-day disabled with a strained left oblique. Morrow, 28, remained in the Tampa area when his teammates travelled north to Boston. He underwent an MRI, which revealed no extensive damage, and hoped to pitch on Sunday. Two sessions of catch with pitching coach Pete Walker on Saturday morning changed the plan. "I just wanted to go back out and kind of just get a little bit looser," said Morrow. "The first time that we went out and played catch, I decided that I probably wasnt going to be able to go tomorrow. And then the second time was – without trying to go through pitching mechanics – just to play catch and just kind of feel a natural arm swing and just kind of loosen stuff up." Morrows back problem developed on Tuesday while he was throwing his regularly-scheduled side session. At first, it was a "twinge," as Morrow put it. One pitch later, the pain worsened, and Morrow shut it down. "It felt like I had a broomstick down my back when I was throwing," said Morrow, describing his sudden lack of range of movement. "I rely a little bit more on rotation than a lot of guys in my mechanics. It just wasnt working right." The selection of Jenkins is surprising if only because hes only made one minor league start, at Double-A, so far this season. He suffered a strained lat muscle in spring training, and made three starts in extended spring training before heading to New Hampshire. Jenkins, who went 1-3 with a 4.50 ERA in 13 appearances for the Blue Jays last season, is confident he can take the ball and be effective. "Rick Langford is our rehab guy and every time I see him, he always seems to get me right," said Jenkins, who expects to have an 80-90 pitch limit. "I threw really well in extended and had a really good start the other night, so I feel like Im prepared." Sunday will mark Jenkins fourth career major league start. The Blue Jays were 1-2 in games Jenkins started last season. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The Yankees trailed 4-3 after seven innings before tagging Baltimore relievers Kevin Gausman (2-5) and Francisco Rodriguez for four runs in the eighth to halt a six-game losing streak in Baltimore. Soriano had a solo blast off Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez earlier in the game, while Mark Reynolds went 2-for-4 with a homer and two RBI in the triumph, only New Yorks second in its past six tilts. C... Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . Its not a criticism of another team; hes not in a war of words with an opposing player. Bautista has taken aim at the umpires, most recently upset with Jeff Nelsons strike zone on opening night. http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us.com/[/... . -- Chris Pontius curled a shot off the left wing into the far right corner in the 82nd minute, his first goal of the season, as the D. [url=http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys .ca. Kerry, I appreciate your earlier comments on Torontos handling of the Vanek goal, and Im sure youve seen the Howie Rose-Kris King interview by now. Cheap Anaheim Ducks Jerseys . Luiten became the first Dutch winner of his countrys national open since Maarten Lafeber in 2003 and the first Dutchman to win twice in a season on the European Tour. MALABO -- African Cup favourite Ivory Coast beat Burkina Faso 2-0 to become the second team to guarantee a quarterfinal berth, while Sudan recovered from two defensive mistakes to draw 2-2 with Angola on Thursday. "Were going to the quarters! Were going to the quarters!" the Ivory Coast players sang in their changing room. The results left Angola well placed to secure the other last-eight spot from Group B on Monday, while Sudan must beat the eliminated Burkina Faso in its last match to have any chance of qualifying. Salomon Kalou opened the scoring for Ivory Coast in the 16th minute and Bakary Kone headed in a late own goal to ensure Ivory Coast joined co-host Equatorial Guinea in the knockout round. Sudan rallied twice to salvage a draw against Angola. Manucho scored both goals for Angola, while Mohamed Ahmed Bashir was twice on target for Sudan. Burkina Fasos early elimination prompted an angry rant from Portuguese coach Paulo Duarte, who said "primitive" failures to register players for the tournament hampered the teams chances and left his future in doubt. "Im not sure I will stay, but it doesnt just depend on me," said an animated Duarte. "A lot of things occurred in the tournament which are not normal. Its primitive that Burkina Faso doesnt know how to naturalize players. I lost three players 15 days before the Cup of Nations." Ivory Coast sealed a quarterfinal spot with a match in hand after an improved performance, but still failed to hit the heights expected of a team packed with English Premier League players. "Im satisfied with the spirit of the group, though its true that there are a lot of things to improve," Ivory Coast coach Francois Zahoui said. Kalou, who pulled up with an apparent muscle strain in the second half, opened the scoring with a left-footed volley after a cross found its way to him in the box. Ivory Coast laboured to create many meaningful chances, with Gervinho wasting several opportunities and Didier Drogba well shackled by the Burkina Faso defence. Moumouni Dagano headed against the top of the bar after rising above Kolo Toure in the 72nd minute as Ivory Coast rode its luck to stay in front. That was scant consolation to Duarte. "It wass an incredible injustice that we lost this match," the Burkina Faso coach said.dddddddddddd. "Burkina Faso played a great match, had a great attitude, but they scored two goals. Football is like that. What more can I say?" Bakary Kone headed a deep free kick into his own net in the 82nd minute to ensure Ivory Coast avoided a nervy finish without entirely silencing the critics. "Its very important to get through the next round. Our objective is to finish in first place in the group," Zahoui said, adding that he hoped Kalous injury would not prove too serious. "I hope he will recover soon because he is a very important player for us." Sudan has realistic chances of making the quarterfinals, too, after a spirited performance to draw 2-2 with Angola. Angola took the lead thanks to a glaring error from Sudan defender Nagm Eldin Abdalla. Manucho robbed the ball as the defender tried to turn and advanced into the box to drill a low shot into the corner for his second cup goal. Ahmed Bashir rose above the defence to send a glancing header just inside the post for Sudans equalizer and the teams first goal in the finals since 1976. Sudan defender Nazar Hamid committed another error when he brought down Djalma in the box for Manucho to score his second from the penalty spot in the 50th. "Im trying to minimize the small mistakes of our inexperienced defenders playing against high-quality strikers," Sudan coach Mohamed Abdallah said. "I think we are improving." Angola then made a blunder of its own at the back as Jose Vinguidica failed to clear and Ahmed Bashir hooked into the net in the 73rd to level for the second time. "We made a mistake and Sudan took advantage to score," Angola captain Andre Macanga said. "Its a very fair result. We depend on ourselves, theres still a long way to go in this tournament." Regardless of the Sudan result against Burkina Faso in the final group match, Angola will make the quarterfinals if it avoids defeat against Ivory Coast. "We will keep fighting. Our objective as always is to try to do better," Angola coach Lito Vidigal said. On Friday, Group C resumes with Niger vs. Tunisia and Gabon vs. Morocco. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes