Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Im capable of medaling. It may be my last - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Im capable of medaling. It may be my last

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/05 09:16PM
Latest post: 2015/03/05 09:16PM, Views: 194, Posts: 1
Im capable of medaling. It may be my last
#1   2015/03/05 09:16PM
wff0605
Winnipeg Jets 4 Detroit Red Wings 2 With the win the Jets snap a three-game losing streak and at the same time snap the Red Wings three-game win streak. For the second straight game, but only the fifth time all season, the Jets scored first. Bryan Little, with his team leading 8th goal and 12th point, gave the Jets a 1-0 lead after one, Little scored with one minute left in the period. Little has now scored five goals in the last seven games. The Jets outshot the Wings 14-9 in the first. The Jets used their speed to create a number of good scoring chances, which forced Jimmy Howard to make a number of great saves. At the other end of the ice, Al Montoya was making his third start of the season and was also very good. Detroit took a 2-1 lead in the second on goals by Henrik Zetterberg and Danny DeKeyser, DeKeysers first NHL goal. It was a shorthanded goal and came after a faceoff in the Jets zone. Montoya may have made his best save of the game in the second, stopping Darren Helm on a short-handed breakaway. The Jets kept pressing and Michael Frolik scored his third of the year tying it at two at 17:04. Frolik equaled his goal output from last year, converting a great pass from Mark Scheifele. The Jets had 17 shots on goal in the second. They added another 16 shots in the third, scoring two unanswered goals for the win. Matt Halischuk, with his first as a Jet, gave the Jets the lead at 4:27 of the third as his line with Scheifele and Frolik was again a very good trio. Halischuk goal turned out to be the game winner, the fifth of his career. Andrew Ladd (who was very good in the game) finished off the scoring seconds after coming out of the penalty box. It was his fourth of the year and first in 10 games. The secondary scoring the Jets have been looking for, came through tonight. Five Jets had multiple point games. Ladd, his 59th, Little, his 53rd, Devin Setoguchi, his 50th, Frolik, his 35th and Scheifele had his first multiple point game. The Jets ended the night with 47 shots, tying a season high. It was the first time in six games the Jets scored more than two goals in a game. Montoya finished the night with a 26 save win and has now stopped 93 of 96 shots he has faced this season. Coach Claude Noel would not confirm who his goaltender would be Wednesday in Chicago (TSN, TSN 1290) only to say they would discuss and assess. Montoya was born in Chicago and post-game would only say who starts Wednesday "is the coachs decision." This was Scheifeles best game in the NHL. He won five of nine face-offs, was a plus player, had three shots on goal and used his speed to his advantage. "The chemistry on our line is getting better every game," said Frolik post-game. Coach Noel agreed. "They were our best line last game, they have some chemistry and very reliable defensively." Olli Jokinen was the best face-off man for the Jets winning 11-of-17. Little took 25, winning 13. Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian led in the shots department with six each, a season high for both. The only Jet to not register a shot on goal was newcomer Keaton Ellerby. He was very solid in 10:39 of work with a couple of blocked shots. Jets played without Evander Kane, who is day to day with a lower body injury. Jets were also minus Paul Postma, Mark Stuart, Jacob Trouba and Jim Slater because of injuries, while Zach Redmond recalled from St. Johns did not dress. The Jets did not convert on any of the six power play chances but it was the best the power play has looked in quite some time, creating a number of scoring chances with good puck movement. Coach Noel liked what he saw from his team in this game right from the drop of the puck. "The first period was real good. We could have been up by a few. We managed the puck quite a bit better tonight. We got pucks to the goal line and put a lot of pressure on their defence. A lot of guys had a really good game. It was fun to watch our team play that way." Jets are in a busy stretch. In Chicago Wednesday, home to Nashville Friday and San Jose Sunday, then into Detroit for a Tuesday rematch with the Red Wings. Nike Air Max 90 Hyperfuse Kopen . June Steenkamp, Reeva Steenkamps mother, told The Times in a front page interview published Monday: "Why? Why my little girl? Why did this happen? Why did he do this?" "Just like that she is gone," the newspaper quoted her as saying in what it described as an emotional telephone interview. ... Roshe Run Dames . The Nashville Predators needed a little extra time to stretch their run to five. David Legwand scored the only shootout goal, Pekka Rinne finished with 39 saves and the Predators beat the St. . Luiten became the first Dutch winner of his countrys national open since Maarten Lafeber in 2003 and the first Dutchman to win twice in a season on the European Tour. [url=http://www.nlgoedkoopschoenen.com/]Nike Air Max Schoenen Outlet Online .Y. -- Stevie Johnsons days of colourful -- and sometimes questionable -- touchdown celebrations appear to be over.In the lead up to the London 2012 Games, CTVOlympics.ca will be profiling several Olympic hopefuls. The latest are part of the Canadian Road Cycling team and will be competing this weekend in 2011 IMMUNITY-FX Canadian Road Championships from Belfountain, Ontario. CTVOlympics.ca had an opportunity to catch up with three team members to discuss their road to London: Clara Hughes made a strong return at the 2011 IMMUNITY-FX Canadian Road Championships on Thursday, even though she crashed her bike while training on the same course earlier this week. Hughes won the 21.6km Elite Womens Time Trial with a time of 30 minutes 25 seconds. This was her first time competing in the national championships since 2003. While cycling on the route at more than 50 km an hour on Monday, she hit a bump on the road surface and lost control of the handlebar. “I went down hard. I remember going down and thinking ‘I could be dying right now. Im not joking when I say that. It was terrifying. It was a really horrific crash,” said Hughes. She recalls hitting the ground with her head and skidding along the road. “My Blackberry had fallen out of my pocket and I actually skidded along my Blackberry. I think it saved a lot of the skin on my left side because I actually didnt get that much road rash,” she added. With only a few cuts and bruises visible on her arms, Hughes finished the race 21.55 seconds ahead of Tara Whitten. Coming in with the third-best time was Rhae-Christy Shaw, a former triathlon competitor.dddddddddddd Whitten, the two-time world champion of the Omnium (a multi-race event in track cycling) was happy with her time in the race. “I think the level of the time trial and road racing in Canada is just incredible right now and its really exciting heading into the Olympics,” said Whitten. “Ive been really inspired by Clara Hughes. Her longevity in sport is amazing.” Following her scary incident on the road, Hughes was feeling fortunate that she was able to race in the championships. “I have some pretty bad whiplash. I could have broken my collar bone. I could have been concussed and out for months and that could have been the end of my athletic career. Im really lucky.” The favourite in the 43km Elite Mens Time Trial was 2008 World silver medalist Svein Tuft and he did not disappoint, racing to first place with a time of 56 minutes 29 seconds, beating his closest competitor by nearly one minute. Tuft, captain of Team SpiderTech (the first Canadian team to earn a UCI Pro Continental license), has won this event seven times at the Canadian championships. He sees it as a stepping stone towards his London 2012 hopes. “Im coming in knowing that Im capable of medaling. It may be my last Olympics and I think the course [in London] really suits a guy like me. Im putting everything into the Olympics. Its big.” cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes