Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

lunden and defencemen Tomas Kaberle and Ya - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

lunden and defencemen Tomas Kaberle and Ya

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/03 12:17AM
Latest post: 2015/03/03 12:17AM, Views: 178, Posts: 1
lunden and defencemen Tomas Kaberle and Ya
#1   2015/03/03 12:17AM
wff0605
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos safety Rahim Moore underwent emergency surgery Monday to staunch bleeding in the muscle sheath in his lower left leg, a condition known as lateral compartment syndrome that can cost patients a limb or even their life. Moore is out indefinitely. Moore left the Broncos 27-17 win over the Kansas City Chiefs in the first half Sunday night and was replaced by veteran Mike Adams. During the night, Moore called the teams athletic trainer, Steve Antonopulos, because he was still experiencing pain and swelling, interim coach Jack Del Rio said. Antonopulos arranged for Moore to be examined by the teams medical staff, which determined he needed whats called a fasciotomy. Thats where a surgeon cuts open the skin and fascia covering the affected compartment, which are groupings of muscles, nerves and blood vessels. Compartment syndrome develops when swelling or bleeding occurs within a compartment, which the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says can be caused by athletic exertion or an impact injury. Its rarely seen in football players, however. "Its a new one for me, Im learning about it," Del Rio said. "I had to write it down so I can say it properly. Its just one of those freakish things that can occur -- and it did. "And fortunately he called Greek (Antonopulos). I think Greeks as good as anybody out there, and they got the doctors right on it and he went in and had the surgery. It can be a very serious injury, it could lead to a loss of a limb, and potentially a loss of life, so its a very significant injury." The Broncos couldnt pinpoint when Moore first began having problems with his lower left leg. "It could have been something that started during the week," Del Rio said. "It could have been something that started during pregame warm-ups. I dont know. Im not sure anyone knows. But at some point he ended up with basically a muscle that was bleeding." Moore, who remained hospitalized Monday, will not play Sunday when the Broncos (9-1) visit the New England Patriots. Del Rio said he had no timetable for Moores return. "The expectation is that hell be back at full strength at some point, I just dont know what that timeframe is," Del Rio said. Cornerback Chris Harris said one play in particular let him know that Moore was injured: Jamaal Charles 35-yard run around the left side in the second quarter. "I knew something had to be wrong with him when Charles busted through on that long run and he didnt have that acceleration to go make the tackle," Harris said. "Thats when I realized that something was bothering him." Moore left the game after that and didnt return. Moore has had a resurgent season after being the goat in Denvers double-overtime loss to Baltimore in the playoffs in January. He allowed Jacoby Jones 70-yard touchdown catch in the final minute of regulation in that game when he went for the interception instead of the tackle and mistimed his leap at the 20-yard line. This year, hes been much more disciplined in his coverage and has honed his open-field tackling techniques, collecting 44 tackles and two interceptions. "Hes been strong, mentally," Del Rio said. "I think hes kind of put his head down and gone to work. He was off having a real good year, a solid year. Hes had some interceptions and hes making a lot of tackles. The one thing hes really worked hard on is taking good angles on tackles out of the middle of the field and minimizing big plays. I think thats been a real positive for us." Del Rio also said tight end Julius Thomas (knee) was day to day but had no update on slot receiver Wes Welker (concussion), who needed to pass the league-mandated concussion protocol Monday in order to be able to practice by Thursday and have any chance of facing his former team this weekend. cheap jerseys . As for replacing R.A. Dickey, that will take a team effort. "I think if all five starters go out there and do their job, stay healthy, get to the goal of 200-plus innings then I think just that will fill R. Cheap New York Mets Jerseys ., where, he says, theres a lot of blue collar people who "work extremely hard for their money. http://www.jerseyscheapnfl.us.com/... . -- Packers tight end Jermichael Finley plans to have spinal fusion surgery and intends to play football again. [url=http://www.jerseyscheapnfl.us.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . It marks the final selection of the 2011-12 season and there was no womens sports in competition. Verreault-Paul, a fourth-year psychology student from Mashteuiatsh, Que. Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys . I saw him play in Week 3 last season, Green Bay at Chicago, and then again in the Super Bowl in Dallas. MONTREAL -- In the middle of his second scoring drought of the season, Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty only needed a game against the team that helped him cure his last slump. Pacioretty scored twice to help the Canadiens to a 4-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday night. The goals, one for insurance and one into an empty net, snapped a goalless stretch that had seen the 24-year-old winger score just once in his previous 12 games. "Obviously things werent going in for me. It takes a bounce and thats how it goes," said Pacioretty, who opened the season with no goals in his first 10 games before a fluke score against the Hurricanes on Feb. 18. "Different people step up every night for this team and I guess tonight was my chance." Pacioretty got his first of the night at 10:58 of the third period when he slipped the puck through an opening to Hurricanes goaltender Justin Peters left side. "I knew once I got that bounce Id feel good so hopefully I can keep it going," he said. The penalty kill, the most notable blemish in the Canadiens impressive season to date, ranking 18th heading into the game and 25th on home ice, came up strong against the Hurricanes. Montreal was perfect on all five Carolina opportunities and allowed just two shots on goal. The Canadiens have now killed 21 of their last 23 penalties. "We approached the group of guys that kill penalties about 10 days ago. That was an aspect of our game that we were not pleased with," Therrien said. "We had a good meeting. Guys know their responsibilities and right now theyre doing a good job. Theyre battling hard, getting in the shooting lanes, paying attention to detail. It makes a big difference." With the win, the Habs (23-7-5) restored their three-point lead over the idle Boston Bruins. Boston now holds a game in hand and hosts Ottawa on Tuesday night. The Hurricanes, meanwhile, lost ground in the race for the final playoff berth in the Eastern Conference following wins by the eighth-place New York Rangers and ninth-seeded New York Islanders. Those teams are tied at 37 points, three points ahead of Carolina. If there was good news for the visitors, however, it was that the Rangers beat the Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg Jets, who sit four points up. Carolina (16-16-2), which has dropped eight of its last nine, holds three games in hand on the Jets. "We havent consistently found our game," said centre Jordan Staal, who scored his teams lone goal. "Weve had some spurts and played a really solid game in Winnipeg (on Saturday)..ddddddddddddAgain, even tonight, we had some spurts here and there but its just not a consistent game that were playing." Carey Price, appearing in his 300th NHL game, made 18 saves for the win. It was the 142nd of his career, ranking him eighth on the Canadiens all-time goaltending wins list. "Carey made some key saves. We only allowed 19 shots but there were some quality scoring chances and Carey was really good again tonight," Therrien said. After the Canadiens were unable to convert on a couple of quality chances in the opening minutes of the first period, the Hurricanes took advantage to break the ice on a delayed penalty call against Montreal. Patrick Dwyer broke in, impeded by defenceman Alexei Emelin. Price made the save but the rebound came out to Staal, who scored his 11th of the season at 3:38. "We came ready, had a good first 10 minutes, scored the first goal and then they pushed back pretty hard and had us on our heels for a little while," Hurricanes captain Eric Staal said. "Down 2-1 in the third we had some good chances early, hit the post on Jiri (Tlustys shot) and then Jussi (Jokinen) right in the slot on the power play. "It was a tight game and not a lot of space out there. They were able to get that third one and it was difficult to come back from that." The home side took the lead on a goal that featured two firsts for Canadiens players. Rookie defenceman Nathan Beaulieu found Halpern in the slot for the veterans first goal of the season while Beaulieu picked up his first NHL point with the assist. Andrei Markov evened up the score on the power play at 15:03 with a slapshot from the right point. P.K. Subban, fresh off being named the NHLs second star of the month for March, added an assist on the play, tying him with Pittsburghs Kris Letang and Minnesotas Ryan Suter for the league lead in points by a defenceman. Habs winger Colby Armstrong had to be helped off the ice early in the third after a hard collision with Dwyer that left him favouring what appeared to be his right leg. He did not return. Peters stopped 25 shots in his second career loss to Montreal. Notes: The Canadiens have won all 10 games theyve played against the Southeast Division so far this season a The win was Montreals second straight series sweep after doing the same against the Rangers on Saturday a The Canadiens scratched forward Mike Blunden and defencemen Tomas Kaberle and Yannick Weber a The Hurricanes scratched forward Adam Hall and Tuomo Ruutu (injured). cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes