Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

rowd at the Royal Tennis Hall as the only Nordic p...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

rowd at the Royal Tennis Hall as the only Nordic pla

Started by wff0605, 2015/03/02 06:09AM
Latest post: 2015/03/02 06:09AM, Views: 185, Posts: 1
rowd at the Royal Tennis Hall as the only Nordic pla
#1   2015/03/02 06:09AM
wff0605
Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Kevin Anderson dropped 25 points, including a key jumper and free throw inside the final minute, as Richmond held on to defeat Vanderbilt to complete the NCAA Tournaments yearly 12-5 upset, 69-66. Justin Harper posted 13 points and Francis-Cedric Martel added 12 for the 12th-seeded Spiders (28-7), who have won eight straight games, including winning the A-10 Tournament. Richmond will face Morehead State in a surprise 12-13 battle Saturday in Southwest Region third-round action. You know, you kind of get caught up in making it back here to the NCAA Tournament, Harper said of the Spiders making their second straight appearance. We were kind of excited about it last year. This year were here to handle business, just really focused on making it past the [second] round. John Jenkins and Festus Ezeli each posted 21 points for the fifth-seeded Commodores (23-11), who got 10 points from Brad Tinsley. In a close second half, this one came down to the final minute in true March Madness fashion. Lance Goulbourne made just 1-of-2 from the free throw line with 50 seconds left to get Vanderbilt within one, 66-65. Anderson, though responded with his biggest shot of the game when he drove just right of the lane and pulled up for a teardrop fadeaway shot with 20.1 seconds left on the clock. The Spiders could not wrap up the game from the free throw line, though, as Darrius Garrett missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with five ticks left. Ezeli then made just 1-of-2 from the line, and yet again, poor free throw shooting kept Vandy in it with three seconds left after Anderson only drained one free throw. Down 69-66, the Commodores had one last chance to tie the game, but Rod Odoms shot was no where close to the basket. We missed some really critical free throws where we had a chance to either take the lead or get the game tied, Vandy head coach Kevin Stallings said. These games are going to be close. Those are your margins for victory. Richmond opened the second half with Darien Brothers three-pointer to knot it at 35. But the Commodores created some space going up by nine with 16 minutes left to play. However, a few minutes later Anderson drained three straight treys in a 12-0 run by the Spiders to go up 51-48. Andersons jumper with three minutes remaining put Richmond up 66-63 and Goulbourne hit 1-of-2 from the line with 2:07 left. Vandy had a good start, going in front 12-5 a little less than six minutes in. Ezelis jumper with five minutes to go pushed the lead to 31-20, however, Richmond scored the next eight points to make it a battle. Cedrick Lindsays trey ended the burst for a 31-28 game with 3:11 left in the half. Ezelis putback lay in and two free throws extended the Commodores lead to 35-30. Harper, though, drilled a mid-range jumper to make up the 35-32 score at the half. GAME NOTES:Vanderbilt still leads the series 2-1...Richmond has posted a 7-8 record in eight all-time NCAA appearances. The Spiders are the only team in tourney history to post wins as a No. 12, 13, 14 and 15 seed...Richmond made just 5- of-12 from the free throw line and shot 46.4 from the field...Vanderbilt made 50 percent of its shots. jerseys from china . MARIE, Ont. cheap jerseys from china . The 29-year-old made 23 stops, including a spectacular save on a breakaway late in the second period, to lead Toronto to a 2-1 victory over the Lake Erie Monsters in American Hockey League action on Wednesday. http://www.cheapjerseyssafe.com/ . Miles Plumlee and rookie Dionte Christmas, 3 for 4 on 3-pointers, added 14 points each. Starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was 0 for 3 in 7 minutes, was the only one of Phoenixs 16 players who did not score. cheap jerseys . Dempsey became only the fourth American to score against Italy when he fired past Gianluigi Buffon in the 55th minute, and the U.S. clung on for a memorable win in the friendly international. nfl jerseys china . Monfils will meet top-seeded Tomas Berdych, who beat Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany 6-3, 6-4. Simon rallied from a 3-0 deficit in the final set, levelling at 4-4, but he dropped serve again to lose the all-French match.STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Canadian Milos Raonic stormed past Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov 7-5, 6-4 on Friday to continue his comeback from summer hip surgery with a berth in the semifinals at the Stockholm Open. The 20-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., triumphed in a showcase of two of tennis rising stars. Dimitrov, coached by Australian Peter McNamara, has been compared to a young Roger Federer while Raonic unleashes big serves in the style of Pete Sampras. Raonic pounded the 70th-ranked Dimitrov with 14 aces and hit 34 winners in 78 minutes. "I took care of everything I needed to, hitting my serve and creating opportunities," said Raonic. "The job is to take care of serve and look for opportunities -- and I couldnt have taken care of serve any better." The 29th-ranked Canadian will play top-seeded Gael Monfils of France in Saturdays semifinal. Monfils beat South Africas Kevin Anderson 7-5, 7-5 on Friday. Raonic has now reached his fourth semifinal of a season interrupted by hip surgery after a fall at Wimbledon. The Dimitrov win improved Raonics record to 11-1 indoors this season. Overall he is 31-16.dddddddddddd Sill the young Canadian knows he still has room to improve. "My serve is a double-edged sword. It puts more pressure on opponents on my service games and also when they are serving," said Raonic. "They know if they get behind it will be tough to catch up again. "Its a huge asset and it makes a big difference." Raonic broke once per set against Dimitrov, breaking for 6-5 in the first set and serving the set out a game later. In the second set, Dimitrov dropped to 1-2 and saved a break point in the seventh game before the Canadian closed out the match with a service winner on match point. "If I do my job and keep serving like I have, I should have my chances in the semis," said Raonic. "It comes down to a few points here and there." Also, Finlands Jarkko Nieminen beat Tobias Kamke of Germany 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 to advance to the semis. The Finn received plenty of support from the crowd at the Royal Tennis Hall as the only Nordic player left in the tournament after Swedens Michael Ryderstedt was eliminated in the first round. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes