Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

am, Solheim family, and the entire event deserves ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

am, Solheim family, and the entire event deserves

Started by wff0605, 2015/02/28 07:19AM
Latest post: 2015/02/28 07:19AM, Views: 182, Posts: 1
am, Solheim family, and the entire event deserves
#1   2015/02/28 07:19AM
wff0605
NEWARK, N.J. -- Martin Brodeur reached another milestone -- at the Philadelphia Flyers expense. Brodeur made 18 saves for his 650th career victory and Ilya Kovalchuk had a goal and two assists to help the New Jersey Devils beat the Flyers 4-1 on Sunday night. "It means a lot," Brodeur said. "It means Ive been winning a lot of games." While the NHLs career victory leader took the achievement in stride, Devils captain Zach Parise marveled at the accomplishment. "Its unreal," said Parise, who closed out the scoring with a late power-play goal. "Our goaltending has been great and Marty has been playing really well. It does seem like just yesterday he got 551. Its gone by fast." Brodeur broke Patrick Roys record of 551 victories in 2009. The latest win was a vintage performance by the 39-year-old Brodeur and his younger teammates as they ended the Flyers winning streak at five. "Weve really tightened up defensively," Brodeur said. "Its a great sign. Our penalty kill has been tremendous. Our power play has been helping us out. Weve been winning in similar ways every night." The Devils havent allowed more than one goal in each of the last six games, going 5-1 in that stretch. Patrik Elias and Anton Volchenkov also scored for the Devils, who have won four straight. With victory, the Devils pulled even with the fifth-place Flyers. Both teams have 85 points, although the Flyers have played one fewer game. Sergei Bobrovsky was in goal for the Flyers as the streaking Ilya Bryzgalov got a night off after starting 11 straight games. Bryzgalov has been brilliant, posting three shutouts as the Flyers won five straight coming in. Bobrovsky saw his first action since Feb. 18. Claude Giroux scored for the Flyers. Elias scored the only goal of the first period, tipping a return feed from David Clarkson past Bobrovskys glove for a power-play tally with 24.4 seconds remaining. New Jersey outshot Philadelphia 11-6 over the first 20 minutes. The Flyers had an 8-7 shot advantage in the scoreless second period. Their best chance for the equalizer came midway through on the power play when Brodeur made a big stop on Scott Hartnell. Philadelphia pulled even 16 seconds into the third when Giroux flicked a shot past Brodeurs blocker. The goal was set up by Jaromir Jagr, who carried the puck into the New Jersey zone and circled behind the net before sliding a pass to Giroux in the slot. It was all New Jersey the rest of the way. "Maybe we should have been a little more patient when we tied it," Jagr said. "We felt we had the momentum on our side." The Flyers, completing a stretch of five games in eight nights, didnt have the zip to match the Devils the rest of the way. "I dont think its an excuse," said Flyers defenceman Braydon Coburn. "Weve got a fit team and a lot of young guys here. There are no excuses to not have our legs under us." Volchenkov put New Jersey back in front at 2-1 as the light-scoring defenceman joined the rush. Volchenkov converted a pass from Kovalchuk at 2:45 for his second goal of the season. Kovalchuk put the Devils up by two with his 30th of the season at 8:08 as both teams were short a player due to penalties. Kovalchuk flipped a shot over Bobrovskys left shoulder for his fifth goal in the last four games. NOTES: The game kicked off a home-and-home series. The teams meet again Tuesday night in Philadelphia to close out the season series. ... RW Steve Bernier and D Matt Taormina were the Devils scratches. The Flyers scratched defencemen Pavel Kubina, Andrej Meszaros, Kimmo Timonen and RW Jakub Voracek. ... Philadelphias Jody Shelley tried to start a scrum, shoving New Jerseys Cam Janssen before a faceoff at 4:54 of the second. The Devils didnt bite and Shelley wound up spending 12 minutes in the penalty box with a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct and a misconduct. ... The Devils lead the season series 3-2. This was the first time the home team got the victory. cheap jerseys . Teixeira, president of the Brazilian football federation, has recently been making changes to how the sport is governed and a Brazilian newspaper said he would leave the presidency of the organizing committee to make way for Ronaldo. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe is questionable for Sundays game against the Cleveland Browns after straining his groin in practice this week. http://www.wholesalejerseychinast... . Oswalt gets a US$2 million buyout instead of $16 million next season. Lidge receives a $1.5 million buyout instead of $12. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseychinastore.com/]wholesale jerseys . Dating back at least 20 years, studies began to emerge suggesting their may be a price to be paid for all those hits, a notion that only makes sense to anyone whose every watched a game up-close and witnessed what players put themselves through on every single snap. cheap nfl jerseys . -- Vander Blue had no doubt where he was going with the ball.Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - While making her weekly appearance on Golf Channels "Morning Drive," Annika Sorenstam announced she would not accept an offer to be the European Solheim Cup captain in 2013. "Ive given it some thought. I went back to the (Ladies European) tour and told them that I appreciate the offer, but that I had passed," she stated. "Its in somebody elses court. Im just not ready for this big commitment at this time." Sorenstam, along with raising two young children and running her golf academy, placed a bid to design the Olympic golf course in Rio de Janeiro. The Olympic committee recently delayed the announcement of who will design the Olympic course. "I cant commit to anything until I know what will happen in Rio," Sorenstam explained. "With the decision being pushed back, I didnt want the Solheim committee to wait on me." Sorenstam, an eight-time European Solheim Cup performer, owns team records for pointts (24) and most wins (22).dddddddddddd. She also played in the second-most matches (37). The native of Sweden also said that she would not serve as an assistant captain like she did in 2011. Sorenstam stated on the show that she did offer a few names for consideration for the committee. "The Solheim Cup has been an important part of my career, and I hope to one day lead the European team. However, after working with captain Alison Nicholas and her team this past year as vice captain, I saw first-hand the incredible amount of work and dedication it takes to be the captain," Sorenstam later said on her web site. "With my young family, foundation, businesses, and other commitments I have already made to try and help grow the game, I simply cannot provide the necessary time that the European team, Solheim family, and the entire event deserves. This certainly was not an easy decision to make, as the Solheim Cup will always be very special to me." cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes