Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

bled list since spring training. ... The Reds and ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

bled list since spring training. ... The Reds and

Started by wff0605, 2015/02/28 07:16AM
Latest post: 2015/02/28 07:16AM, Views: 153, Posts: 1
bled list since spring training. ... The Reds and
#1   2015/02/28 07:16AM
wff0605
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- As the first team on the ice for the free skate, Chinas Sui Wenjing and Han Cong had a chance to send a message to the other medal contenders at the Four Continents Championships on Sunday. They did just that. The two-time junior world champions were stellar in the free skate, earning a season-best 135.08 points for a 201.83 total that would not be eclipsed. "We feel very excited," Han said. "Maybe tonight we cant sleep. I think later in the program there were a little nerves, but we feel we adjusted to our program. The throws were successful, and we are very pleased. "This is our first time to win a senior competition, and we are happy and excited." Americans Caydee Denney and John Coughlin -- fresh off a title at the 2012 U.S. championships -- had a season-best score of their own with 122.07 points, but settled for second at 185.42. "I felt like we took a step in the right direction toward building for the world championships, and were happy with how it all turned out," Coughlin said. Denney and Coughlin, who have been a team only since May, will represent the United States from March 26-April 1 in Nice, France. "Every time you go out there, you learn something," Denney said. "Especially John and I being such a new pair together, we did learn a lot from this competition. Were just going to keep pushing to grow and strengthen as a team so that we can put up a bigger score at worlds." The American tandem of Mary Beth Marley and Rockne Brubaker took bronze with 178.89 points after a season-best 116.47 in the free skate. "Weve come a long way over the last year," Brubaker said. "A year ago, we were last after the short (program) and eighth overall. There are some points out there we know we can get, but were headed in the right direction." Meagan Duhamel of Lively, Ont., and Eric Radford of Balmertown, Ont., scored 114.23 points in the free skate to finish fourth overall with 171.76 points. Paige Lawrence of Kennedy, Sask., and Rudy Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., scored 100.69 points to finish in seventh with 158.66 points. Jessica Dube of Saint-Cyrille de Wendover, Que., and Sebastien Wolfe of Terrebonne, Que., had 97.11 points in the free skate to finish eighth with 154.79 points overall. Sunday marked the first time since the 2000 Four Continents event that the United States had two pairs teams on the medal stand. "Ive been fourth at this event two years in a row, so its nice to crack onto the podium," Coughlin said. "We have a lot of work to do to be considered teams worthy of being on podiums at championship events, and were just going to use this as motivation to go home and really get back to work. Its exciting to feel like were on the right track, and were just going to keep pushing that way." cheap nfl jerseys . As a sprawling list of 70 players reported for medicals with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday morning, coach Ron Wilson made it clear that many of them shouldnt get too comfortable. nfl jerseys china . Not the 6-foot-9 all-encompassing mountain that is Zdeno Chara, but the reigning (and likely repeat) Selke Trophy winner and the “underrated” thorn in the Leafs side. http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.co... . The Philadelphia goaltender posted 41 saves as he backstopped the Flyers to a comeback 4-3 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys . One day after the veteran defensive back was released by the BC Lions, Parker signed a one-year deal with an option with the Montreal Alouettes. jerseys from china . Smith was cut down by a Vikings player while chasing running back Toby Gerhart late in the first quarter. He got up slowly, stayed in for one play and then ran gingerly to the sideline. He didnt return. Harbaugh said the 49ers were still waiting for final results from team doctors but it "looks like well be all right.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Matt Holliday is hoping to play a key role in another playoff run for the St. Louis Cardinals. He sure got plenty of help on Sunday. Holliday had four hits and four RBIs, Adam Wainwright won his fifth consecutive start and the Cardinals beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-2 on Sunday. Allen Craig homered and drove in three runs as St. Louis handed the Reds their second series loss in 13 sets since the All-Star break. The Cardinals have won five of six to move within six games of the NL Central-leading Reds. "Holliday had a huge day," manager Mike Matheny said. "Its amazing how the conversations outside of this clubhouse start questioning him. Its not long before he shows everybody how much he means to us." Holliday is batting .444 (12 for 27) with eight RBIs in his last six games. St. Louis stormed to the World Series title last year and is leading the race for the final NL wild card this season, but is still holding out hope for catching Cincinnati in the division. "Im just trying to do my part," Holliday said. "This is a team game. We only play the Reds three more times. We are going to need some help." St. Louis 17 hits are the most allowed by Cincinnati in one game this season. The Cardinals collected 42 hits while taking two of three in the weekend series. "Those guys are all hitting .300," Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips said. "I dont know who is making outs for that team." Wainwright (13-10) allowed two runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings while improving to 6-0 with a 1.80 ERA in his last seven starts overall. The 6-foot-7 right-hander, who missed all of last season because of elbow surgery, hasnt lost since July 18 at Milwaukee. "I wanted to take my team further in the game than that, but I get it," Wainwright said. "I had a couple of games in a row that I threw a lot of pitches." Reds manager Dustyy Baker said Wainwright was on his game.dddddddddddd "Wainwright threw the ball well," Baker said. "Theres not much else to say, except they beat us." Reds right-hander Homer Bailey (10-9) gave up five runs in six innings while falling to 1-3 with a 6.04 ERA in five August starts. He also allowed a season-high nine hits for the sixth time. The Cardinals strung together four consecutive ground-ball singles during a five-hit third inning that plated three runs. Skip Schumaker led off with a double to right-centre, and Wainwright chipped in with a one-out single into left field. Schumaker scored on Jon Jays base hit up the middle and Matt Carpenter singled to load the bases before Hollidays two-run single to left. "With Wainwright on the mound, we felt pretty good with those first three runs," Holliday said. St. Louis added two more in the sixth to make it 5-0. Holliday hit a leadoff triple before Craig drove a 1-2 pitch over the wall in left for his 20th homer. "The two Matts got on base. That got us started. I take pride in driving in runs," Craig said. Chris Heisey and Ryan Ludwick had RBI singles in the sixth for Cincinnati, which beat the Cardinals 8-2 on Saturday. Holliday also doubled in a run in the seventh and singled in Carpenter in the ninth. NOTES: Reds 1B Joey Votto is scheduled to start a rehab assignment Tuesday at Single-A Dayton, perhaps the last step of his comeback from two minor surgical procedures related to a torn meniscus in his left knee. The Reds are 27-14 since Votto left the lineup. ... RHP Nick Masset was awaiting the results of an MRI on his right shoulder after soreness returned following his rehab appearance with Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 21. Masset has been on the disabled list since spring training. ... The Reds and Cardinals meet one more time this season, in the final series Oct. 1-3 in St. Louis. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes