Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ake." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org _ - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ake." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org _

Started by wff0605, 2015/01/18 09:44PM
Latest post: 2015/01/18 09:44PM, Views: 168, Posts: 1
ake." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org _
#1   2015/01/18 09:44PM
wff0605
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Nothing like a snowman to put a damper on the party. Henrik Stenson was one hole from celebrating his 36th birthday as the clubhouse leader at the Masters on Thursday. But that last hole, oh, what a doozy. Stenson tumbled from the top of the leaderboard with a quadruple-bogey 8 on the par-4 18th. He still finished at 1-under 71, but it may as well have been a 90. "Finishing with an 8, I dont think Ive ever done that," Stenson said. Stensons problems started off the tee, when his drive hooked left and into some bushes. He thought hed found enough of a gap to get out, but the ball got caught up and landed on some worn and trampled-down pine straw. Rather than take the easy out, he gave it a go with a 4-iron and carved it up the fairway. His next shot flew the green, and he chunked the chip shot coming back. When he finally got on the green, he missed about a 3-footer for triple-bogey. "If I would have gotten the second shot out on the fairway, it would have been a different story. Thats normally what happens," Stenson said. "You make a little mistake and then you compound it with another one, and it just keeps on snowballing, and I got the snowman in the end. "You know, what to do?" The dismal finish spoiled what had been a solid start for Stenson, who missed the cut the last two years and had not shot better than a 73 in his previous six rounds. He eagled both of the par-5s on the front nine, and was 6 under through 13. But Stenson said he was flirting with trouble all over the back nine, and figured it was bound to catch up with him. "After 11 I didnt hit one fairway off the tee, and thats obviously going to cost you at some point," he said. "Though I didnt expect it to cost as much as it did on 18." Clearly annoyed after he signed his card, it appeared as if Stenson might dodge the media when he ducked behind the clubhouse and climbed into a cart. But he returned a few minutes later and was surprisingly composed as he answered more than a dozen questions in both Swedish and English. "Well, Ive got a temper," he said, "but its almost like I got past that stage." cheap jerseys . Sale pitched seven sharp innings and Paul Konerko and Alex Rios backed him with home runs, leading the Chicago White Sox to a 6-0 win over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday night. cheap jerseys from china . -- David Frost and Michael Allen birdied nine of the first 13 holes and combined for a 9-under 63 on Saturday for a share of the second-round lead with Tom Purtzer and Brad Bryant in the Legends of Golf. http://www.cheapjerseyssafe.com/ . Adelboden race chief Hans Pieren said Friday that temperatures reached 20 C (68 F) on the course the previous day, as Europe experiences warmth while North America freezes. "It will be like spring, with water splashing up from the snow on your legs," Ligety, who won the GS race here last year, told The Associated Press. jerseys from china . The NBA commissioner dismissed the notion that its a bargaining tactic, warning it could divide the union and possibly jeopardize players contracts if they were to be seriously injured. cheap nfl jerseys . This is Lillys third trip this season to the DL, which is retroactive to June 5. He has made only five starts, going 0-2 with a 5.09 ERA. He missed the first 19 games while recovering from left shoulder surgery, and also was sidelined for 17 games from April 30 to May 20 with a strain in his right rib cage.ASHBURN, Va. - Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Wednesday hes "nodded off" during meetings, but he said its something every player does. He also said he wishes the Redskins had traded him this week if hes not going to be a part of the teams plans for the rest of the season. "I like it here. I was drafted here," Davis said. "But at the end of the day, I just want to play. If I cant play here, then I did want to play somewhere else." Davis has been inactive for the last two games, having fallen behind rookie Jordan Reed as the teams top pass-catching tight end. The 2008 second-round draft pick has talent, but his career has been hindered by injuries and a four-game suspension in 2011 for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy. There have also been persistent questions about Davis work ethic and his ability to focus during meetings, starting from the day he overslept and missed a minicamp practice as a rookie. "Ive never slept through a whole meeting, but Ive nodded off," he said. "Everyone nods off. Its dark in there. Youre watching film, you nod off, you wake up, get something to drink, go back. Ive done that. Everybodys done that." Davis inactivity is costing him money. He re-signed with the Redskins for a one-year deal, hoping to parlay a big season into a hefty multiyear contract in free agency next year. Theres also a clause that will deny him a bonus iif hes inactive for a certain number of games this year, which he said "probably" has something to do with his recent benching.dddddddddddd "Its a business, so Im sure that plays a factor," he said. Coach Mike Shanahan said he wasnt aware of the clause in Davis contract. The coach said he has purposely avoided learning about his players contract incentives since coming to the Redskins. "I keep away from those things," Shanahan said. "I dont make decisions based on that." Shanahan and Davis talked things over before Wednesdays practice. "I let him know that I expected him to practice at a certain level and have his mind ready to play in the game," Shanahan said. "And you never know when that situations going to occur." Davis was curious as to whether he would be shipped to another team before Tuesdays trade deadline, but theres not much market for a player who will be a free agent in just a few months. He said hes trying to be a good teammate so that other teams will want to sign him next year, but hes obviously frustrated that hes not getting a chance to help a team thats 2-5. "If I was on another team and they needed a tight end," Davis said, "it would be seen what I can do. ... I know theres plays out there that I can make." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org ___ Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes