Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hen I was at school," Beckenbauer said. "I believe...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hen I was at school," Beckenbauer said. "I believe

Started by wff0605, 2015/01/17 08:53PM
Latest post: 2015/01/17 08:53PM, Views: 223, Posts: 1
hen I was at school," Beckenbauer said. "I believe
#1   2015/01/17 08:53PM
wff0605
NEW YORK -- In addition to slicing payroll this winter, the New York Mets cut dimensions at Citi Field. They showed off their new blue-and-orange fences Tuesday. The Mets erected a new fence in front of the old wall at the 4-year-old ballpark, lowering the height needed for a home run to 8 feet from as much as 16 and cutting the distance from home plate by up to 12 feet. A new section of 102 seats called the Party City Deck has been installed behind the new left-field fence, selling for $100-$200 a ticket depending on the opponent, with food and beer included. They will sell individually during the first homestand for games after Thursdays opener against Atlanta, then for groups. "The intention coming in was to build a ballpark that was pitcher-friendly, and we accomplished that. But maybe it was too friendly," Mets executive vice-president David Howard said. "Scoring creates excitement." Citi Field was last in the major leagues in home runs during its first three seasons with an average of 1.43 per game, according to STATS LLC. New Yorks left-handed batters still havent hit an opposite-field home run over the fence at Citi Field, which was dubbed the Great Wall of Flushing. Opponents have done it eight times. Coming off three straight losing seasons, the Mets said a few thousand tickets remain available for opening day. Home attendance dropped 7 per cent last year to 2.35 million, their lowest since 2004, and the only sellouts were opening day and the three-game series against the Yankees in July. And attendance could fall again in their 50th anniversary season. "Were not quite where we were at this point last year," Howard said. As part of the renovations, the fence colours were restored to the royal blue with an orange line, the style that was used during most of the teams time at Shea Stadium. The new section in left was patterned after the Green Monster seats at Bostons Fenway Park. New York also added 45 seats to the Modells Clubhouse back of the right-field fence, raising capacity to 41,922. After the teams ownership settled a lawsuit by the trustee seeking money for the victims of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme for up to $162 million, the Mets hope the uncertainty over the teams future will start to lift. Payroll was cut by nearly $50 million. Now the Mets are discussing a long-term contract with pitcher Jonathon Niese. "The certainty of getting that resolved and the finality of it is a plus in every respect," Howard said. "It allows all of us to focus all of our attention on the business and getting the team back to where we should be, and lm confident were going to get there." NOTES: In the first season of dynamic pricing, Howard said cost for some opening-day tickets has been cut from $45 to $40. Ticket prices generally have fluctuated by up to 10 per cent. The Mets have cut prices in three straight seasons. Jerseys Cheap Authentic . Thats unusual for a country accustomed to familiar faces in net when Canadas men step on the international hockey stage. Jerseys Cheap Online . -- Hector Santiago shut down the Royals punchless offence for a career-best eight innings, and the Chicago White Sox roughed up Kansas City starter Jeremy Guthrie in a 9-1 rout Friday night. http://www.jerseyscheapwholesale.u... . Hemsky hurt his right foot blocking a shot from Red Wings defenceman Jakub Kindl midway through the second period of Thursdays 3-0 loss to Detroit. [url=http://www.jerseyscheapwholesale.us.com/Nike-Nfl-Jerseys_Indianapolis-Colts... Nike Indianapolis Colts Jerseys . The legislation, which originated in the Senate, takes certain fighting sports, including taekwondo and karate as well as the popular sport of MMA, out of legal limbo. Jerseys Cheap NFL . -- Hamilton Tiger-Cats punter Josh Bartel wasnt sure what to expect in his first CFL season. ZURICH, Switzerland -- A FIFA expert panel wants players to exchange more handshakes on the field to improve the games image and sportsmanship. Franz Beckenbauer, chairman of the Task Force Football 2014, said after a meeting Wednesday that it recommended players should meet opponents in the centre circle after matches. "At full time I think it would be a better image ... when leaving the pitch together and not refusing a handshake," Beckenbauer said. "They should be role models and should behave like role models." The German great later added that the sport must prevent future incidents such as Liverpool striker Luis Suarezs recent refusal to shake the hand of Manchester United defender Patrice Evra before a match. "This is the first time I ever saw it myself. I think we simply have to stop it," he said in comments translated from German. Beckenbauer advised against disciplining players for falling short of FIFAs fair play code, saying the governing body should first remind players and coaches of their responsibilities. FIFA President Sepp Blatter created the task force to suggest ways of improving the quality and image of football at the next World Cup, after suggesting too many matches lacked excitement at the 2010 event in South Africa. Blatter became embroiled in a separate furor about handshakes last November, following reports that Chelsea and England defender John Terry had aimed racial insults at an opponent. Terry denies the allegaations and will stand trial in July.dddddddddddd Blatter later apologized for suggesting that on-field confrontations should be settled by a handshake after the match. Beckenbauer said he believed a FIFA campaign promoting fair play would be "more intense during the 2014 (World Cup) in Brazil." The panel, which includes former playing greats Cafu of Brazil and Kalusha Bwalya, now president of Zambias football body, gave its advice after watching footage of bad-tempered, high-profile matches. They included the 2010 World Cup final between the Netherlands and Spain; a Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Barcelona last April; and last seasons Copa Libertadores final between Santos and Penarol. Bwalya noted that coaches and substitutes also were criticized for their reactions to events on the field. "Officials on the bench are to first people to get upset," said Bwalya, whose national team won the African Cup of Nations this month to widespread public acclaim. Beckenbauer said encouraging handshakes and sportsmanship were "small things that could improve the image of football." He suggested that teams could leave the field together at halftime and emerge for the second period together, as well as gather in the centre circle after the final whistle. "That is what we used to do when I was at school," Beckenbauer said. "I believe one should leave the pitch the same way one has entered the pitch." cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes