Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

won the pole vault with a world leading vault o - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

won the pole vault with a world leading vault o

Started by wff0605, 2015/01/17 08:50PM
Latest post: 2015/01/17 08:50PM, Views: 162, Posts: 1
won the pole vault with a world leading vault o
#1   2015/01/17 08:50PM
wff0605
SUNRISE, Fla. -- Floridas Kris Versteeg didnt feel well going into Fridays game. He felt much better afterward. Sean Bergenheim scored a go-ahead goal in the second period and the Florida Panthers beat the Winnipeg Jets 2-1 Friday night. Versteeg also scored a goal for Florida, while Scott Clemmensen stopped 20 shots. Versteeg, the teams leading scorer with 20 goals, returned to the lineup after missing Wednesdays game against the Capitals with the flu. He still suffered from its effects and says he felt "pretty much terrible" before the game. "Its been a rough little go over the last few days," Versteeg said. "Hopefully over the next little while I start to feel better, but a win always makes you feel pretty good." Bryan Little scored for Winnipeg and Chris Mason made 28 saves. Winnipeg lost for the ninth straight time when playing the second of consecutive games. The Jets are have been shut out twice and outscored 36-7 in those. "If youre going to be a good team, you have to learn to win these games," Little said. "We cant use that as an excuse. Every team in the league has to play back-to-back games." Winnipeg has scored two goals or less in last five games and nine of the last 11. "Our team right now cant give up 20 minutes of free play and expect youre going to be able to win the game," Jets coach Claude Noel said. "Do I like the one goal we get every game? No. Would I Iike to see it change? Yes. Do I coach that way? No. Thats what we have, but theres still a way to win the games." The Jets tied it 1-1 on Littles goal in the second. Little grabbed a loose puck and took a wrist shot from the left circle. The puck went between Clemmensens pads at 11:29. Florida regained the lead about three minutes later. Marcel Goc passed the puck from behind the net to Bergenheim, who was waiting in front of the crease. His wrister got past Mason at 14:27. The Panthers increased its hold on first place in the Southeast Division, moving three points ahead of the Capitals (56) and five points ahead of Winnipeg (54). "We know whats at stake every game and weve got to start putting a long winning streak together instead of winning one and losing one," Versteeg said. The Panthers took a 1-0 lead on Versteegs power-play goal in the first period. Versteeg took a pass from Mikael Samuelsson at the left circle. His slapshot got between Masons right skate and the post at 15:46. Versteeg now has six goals and two assists in the past three games against Winnipeg. The last seven games for the Panthers have been decided by two goals or less. "If you look at our record in the last two months, so many tight games, close games, I like the idea that were building up some resiliency and some character," Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said. "I think that will pay up for us down the line. Wed like to have a game where we have a little breathing room, but were getting used to these kinds of games and its the nature of the league right now." NOTES: Winnipeg D Dustin Byfuglien played in his second consecutive game since missing 16 games due to a knee injury. ... Florida W Marco Sturm, who missed 14 games before returning to the lineup last Wednesday, is out with a lower body injury. ... Samuelsson has a three-game points streak. Matt Hasselbeck Super Bowl Jersey. -- Miguel Cabrera became the 15th player to win baseballs Triple Crown on Wednesday night, the reluctant superstar thrust into the spotlight after joining an elite list that includes Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig. T.Y. Hilton Jersey. Desharnais scored at 1:43 of overtime to give the Montreal Canadiens a 4-3 victory over the Nashville Predators. Desharnais stripped the puck from defenceman Mattias Ekholm along the left boards, skated to the left faceoff dot and put a slap shot over goalie Carter Huttons left shoulder. http://www.coltsjerseysauthentic.com/Greg-Toler-Super-Bowl-Jersey/. Ramsay, contacted on Sunday by the Winnipeg organization, has also agreed to an interview as part of the process. Although Winnipeg is considering other options, Ramsay has not been terminated. DaRick Rogers Super Bowl Jersey. So, down by a run in the sixth inning, the Orioles switched to beat-the-rain mode and used the elements to their advantage in a 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Monday night. Donte Moncrief Jersey. Rookie Jake Locker took over for Hasselbeck late in the third quarter. There was no immediate update from the Titans on the severity of Hasselbecks injury.MONACO -- Usain Bolt overcame a tentative start to win the 100 metres in 9.88 seconds at the Monaco Diamond League meet Friday, beating a strong field in a tuneup for next months world championships. The Jamaican improved his personal best this season by 0.03 seconds, but was well short of his world mark of 9.58 seconds. Nesta Carter of Jamaica was second in 9.90 and Michael Rodgers of the U.S. was third in 9.96. They were followed by Michael Frater of Jamaica (10.01) and European champion Christophe Lemaitre of France (10.03). Bolt got off to a poor start and battled all the way on a fast track and with a slight tail wind. The triple Olympic champion failed to beat the Herculis meet record of 9.82 after surging ahead in the last 20 metres. "Nesta Carter, Michael Frater are very good starters, better starters than me," Bolt said. "But the last 60 (meters) are the best part of my race, so I was never really worried. Overall it was good." Bolt, who competed for the first time on the Stade Louis II track, is unbeaten this season and said winning races, even by small margins, is the most important thing ahead of the worlds. "For me its always key to keep winning," he said. "And Im getting better. My last 60 metres have improved dramatically. I need to work on my reaction time, but Ive been doing great in training, so Im just focusing and I feel ready." The worlds start Aug. 27 in Daegu, South Korea. Bolts last race before the championships will be the 200 at Stockholm next week. Bolt was hampered by injuries last season. He has said that he wont lower his 100-metre world record this year and is concentrating on defending his sprint titles in Daegu. "My aim this season is to run 9.7, maybe 9.6," he said. "For me, this year its about building myself and go into the Olympic season fit and ready. London is the key." In the mens 800, world record holder David Rudisha of Kenya improved the season-best time he set last month, winning in one minute, 42.61 seconds. Rudisha, who was hampered by tendinitis in his left foot earlier this season, stayed close to pacemaker Sammy Tangui in the first lap before pulling away from the pack. Asbel Kiprop of Kenya produced a great effort in the final stretch to close the gap, but had to settle for second with a personal best of 1:43.15. Nick Symmonds of the U.S. was third in 1:43.83. "I felt great, II knew my shape was coming along nicely and its nice to see such a fast time," Rudisha said.dddddddddddd "Training has been going well so I was looking forward to a nice race." Rudisha broke Wilson Kipketers 13-year-old world record twice last year. He first ran 1:41.09 then 1:41.01 seven days later. On an evening marked by several new world leading performances this season, former Olympic champion Angelo Taylor resisted a late surge from fellow American Bershawn Jackson to win the 400 hurdles in 47.97 seconds. "Im happy with the win although it was not a great race technically," Taylor said. "But my speed and my strength are good. You know my goal for this season: Im going for gold and only gold in South Korea." Jackson was second in 48.22 and European champion David Greene of Britain, the Diamond League leader, third in 48.43. Amantle Montsho of Botswana posted a fourth consecutive Diamond League win in the womens 400, with a world leading time of 49.71. Montsho, who also won in Oslo, Lausanne and Birmingham this season, easily beat Francena McCorory and Jamaican Novlene Williams-Mills. "This summer Im running under 50, so its great," Montsho said. "This was my last race before Daegu so it was important to run fast. Im going back to Dakar to train." Montshos only two defeats this season came at the hands of American Allyson Felix, who finished second in the 200 metres behind Carmelita Jeter. The United States finished 1-2-3 in that race, with Shalonda Solomon taking third place. The three-time 200 world champion Felix got off to a good start, but could not match Jeters acceleration in the final stretch and finished in 22.32. Felix, who has yet to decide whether she will compete in both the 200 and 400 at the worlds, said "it was not my best day today." In the mens 5,000, Mohammed Farah posted the quickest time in the world this year and set a new British record of 12:53.11, also smashing the meet record of 13:06.36. The race was very close and Bernard Lagat finished a stride behind Farah to improve his American record from 12:54.12 to 12:53.60. Silas Kiplagat ran the fastest 1,500 metres this season in 3:30.47 and Renaud Lavillenie delighted his fans when he won the pole vault with a world leading vault of 19 feet, 4 1/4 inches. World champion Blanka Vlasic of Croatia won the high jump by clearing 6-5 1/2. wholesale jerseys  Cheap Jerseys  ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes