Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Backup Dan Ellis, who is 1-3-0 in five starts this...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Backup Dan Ellis, who is 1-3-0 in five starts this

Started by wff0605, 2015/01/17 08:49PM
Latest post: 2015/01/17 08:49PM, Views: 158, Posts: 1
Backup Dan Ellis, who is 1-3-0 in five starts this
#1   2015/01/17 08:49PM
wff0605
HOUSTON -- John Isner is starting to live up to expectations. Isner has soared to the No. 10 world ranking this year with victories over three of the top players in the world. He arrived at River Oaks Country Club on Tuesday to begin preparations for the U.S. mens clay court championship. "Id like to think Im a nightmare to play," Isner said. "I kind of take away their rhythm. Im going to hit a lot of winners and Im also going to make mistakes. Im trying to not let those bother me. Over the course of a match, Id like to think my style is going to win out." Isner beat No. 3 Roger Federer in the first round of Davis Cup play. He upset No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic in the semifinals at the Indian Wells Masters, and upended then-No. 6 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France. "A lot of guys out here playing are rhythm players," Isner said. "They want to get into a groove over the course of a match and thats what I dont want to give them." Isners performance against France advanced the Americans to the Davis Cup semifinals against Spain. "Im a much more confident player," Isner said. "To be able to compete in this game you have to be confident and thats what I have on my side right now. I know it can come and go very easily, too. But right now Im very confident in my ability and I think Ive proved that throughout the course of 2012." Confidence was his ally against Djokovic. "I believed I could win," Isner said. "I enjoyed the moment. Id never beaten the No. 1 player in the world. I beat the No. 1 player in the world, who over the past 16 months has dominated the game." Beating Federer also was a big step forward for Isner, who started the year ranked No. 18. "That was a great win for me and I played it the right way," Isner said. "Thats when I realized thats how I have to play. Isners ascension has also created attention. "I can see why, I have played well so far this year," Isner said. "People have seen that when Im playing the right way and playing well, Im pretty tough to beat. Its up to me to be more consistent at that level and I know Im getting there. "I still think my best tennis is two or three years ahead of me." Isner faced high expectations coming out of the University of Georgia. "I wasnt ready for it then but now, I want people to expect a lot of me," Isner said. "Once you get up to top 10 in the world, people are going to expect a lot of you. I like it, I relish it. "I want to be that guy for American tennis. I dont want to be content to be No. 10 in the world. I want to keep on climbing." Isner is seeded second behind No. 9 ranked Mardy Fish and will play his first match on Thursday. cheapjerseystb. The first Game 7 in Brooklyn belonged not to the Nets, but to the guy who played here in high school. "Ill remember this for the rest of my life," Noah said. Injured, ill and just as determined as ever, the Chicago Bulls beat the Nets 99-93 on Saturday night to win the first-round series. cheapjerseystb.com. Tony Gonzalez broke down in tears. Matt Ryan relished the thought of not having to answer a familiar question. http://www.cheapjerseystb.com/. On Wednesday night, the Mavericks and Kidd were reportedly putting the finishing touches on a multi-year contract. But Kidd changed his mind Thursday and decided to join the Knicks, according to the New York Daily News.The Montreal Canadiens play a second game in as many nights tonight when they host former Hab Erik Cole and the Dallas Stars from the Bell Centre. Watch all the action unfold live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. The game is also available on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal. Montreal spoiled the New York Rangers home opener on Monday with a 2-0 win. Backup netminder Peter Budaj stopped all 27 shots faced for his 11th career shutout. Tomas Plekanec and Alex Galchenyuk scored the goals for the Habs, who lost three of four but picked up a fourth straight win on the road. "It was a great team victory," Budaj said. "We did the little things right." The Stars have won two in a row over the Canadiens, including a 3-0 victory in Montreal when the clubs met on Feb. 21, 2012. Lehtonen logged a 31-save shutout, while Canadiens goaltender Carey Price was tagged for all three goals on 36 shots faced. Price should get the start tonight and is 2-3-0 with a 3.20 goals against average and .887 save percentage in five prior meetings with the Stars. The Stars went into last nights meeting in Buffalo having lost five of seven, but made Lindy Ruffs return to Western New York a successfull one with a 4-3 win.dddddddddddd Tyler Seguin notched a goal and an assist to key the win. Ruff served as head coach of the Sabres from 1997-2013, making him the longest tenured coach in franchise history. That run ended, however, when Ruff was fired on Feb. 20 of last season and replaced with Ron Rolston. "Its kind of a huge relief," Ruff said of getting the win. "It felt really strange coming back. Ive always said the fans of Western New York and this area have been tremendous." Ruff also got goals from Jamie Benn, Alex Goligoski and Vernon Fiddler, while Kari Lehtonen backstopped the victory with 22 saves. Winger Erik Cole has been moved up to the top line in hopes that the former Canadien - dealt away last season for winger Michael Ryder - can create a spark alongside Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn. Lehtonen, who has made three starts in a row since sitting out five straight with injury, is 7-4-1 with a pair of shutouts and a 2.46 GAA in 12 lifetime encounters with the Canadiens. Backup Dan Ellis, who is 1-3-0 in five starts this season with a 3.60 GAA, has won his only previous meeting with the Habs. wholesale jerseys  Cheap Jerseys  ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes