Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

o minute penalty for elbowing. Backstrom stayed -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

o minute penalty for elbowing. Backstrom stayed

Started by wff0605, 2015/01/13 10:19PM
Latest post: 2015/01/13 10:19PM, Views: 183, Posts: 1
o minute penalty for elbowing. Backstrom stayed
#1   2015/01/13 10:19PM
wff0605
(Sports Network) - Max Scherzer tries to become the second Detroit pitcher to 10 wins this evening when the Tigers play a makeup game against the Toronto Blue Jays at Comerica Park. Scherzer was denied his 10th win on Tuesday in Los Angeles, as the Dodgers reached him for six runs and nine hits in six innings, dropping him to 9-3 on the season. Scherzer has allowed more than five runs in four of his last six starts and has seen his earned run average swell nearly two runs in that span to 4.61. Its a combination of everything, said Scherzer, who will be trying to join teammate Justin Verlander and New Yorks CC Sabathia as the only 10-game winners in the American League. Some of those hits, thats baseball. You live with it. You turn the page and move on. Sometimes, theyre going to hit the ball right at people. But for me, its all about what happens the next start. Scherzer did not get a decision the last time he faced the Jays, but pitched brilliantly, surrendering just an unearned run in seven innings. He had beaten them in his previous start and is 2-0 with a 1.35 ERA in three starts against them. Detroit enters on high note after a thrilling win in a very emotional day at Comerica. On the day the Tigers honored their late great manager Sparky Anderson, they exploded for seven runs in the eighth inning to pull out an 8-3 win in the rubber match of their three-game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Miguel Cabrera, Jhonny Peralta and Brandon Inge all had two RBI for the Tigers, who won for the third time in their last four games. We hit some good and some not so good, but wherever we hit them they found the gap, said Detroit manager Jim Leyland. Toronto, meanwhile, also enters tonights makeup on a high note after completing a three-game sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals. On Sunday, Ricky Romero tossed a four-hit shutout and knocked in two runs at the plate to help the Jays to a 5-0 victory. Romero (7-7) retired the first 10 batters he faced and allowed only one runner to reach past first base. The left-hander walked two, struck out five and had a two-run hit that highlighted a four-run sixth inning. Im not a good hitter, so it definitely feels good to help myself out in that situation, Romero said. I was just thinking he was going to throw me a fastball. The Blue Jays had lost four in a row before taking all three meetings at Busch Stadium. Tonight, Toronto turns to rookie right-hander Zach Stewart, who will be making his third big league start. Stewart suffered his first loss on Tuesday in Atlanta, as the Braves ripped him for five runs and 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings. He had allowed a pair of runs in seven innings in his debut on June 16 against Baltimore. I just left a few balls out over the middle of the plate and the mistakes I made they took care of and did their job on, Stewart said afterward. I guess thats what you find out is the difference, in the major leagues and minor leagues, is the amount of mistakes they let you make, and I made too many. Detroit is 3-2 against the Blue Jays this season. wholesale jerseys . Catch the interview this Friday on TSN at 5pm et/2pm pt. The appearance will mark Sonnens second time on the show in the last five weeks. The always outspoken fighter was as a guest on OTR in November, but when the interview took a contentious turn, Sonnen ultimately removed his microphone and walked off mid-interview. cheap jerseys from china . Since Im the first one to emphasize that overall statistics (or standings) are not necessarily representative of the current value for a team, especially with respect to injuries, these statistics merely provide a baseline for the series, perhaps providing an idea what a team needs to do in order to emerge victorious. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinapla... . Kinsler, who had been out since May 18 with a ribcage injury, was activated from the disabled list after playing only two games for Double-A Frisco. He was 0 for 8 with a walk in the two games. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinaplay.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . Hudsons hit made Mike Adams (3-1) a winner, despite allowing the first run of the game in the eighth. Cory Luebke, a reliever turned starter, lasted five innings of one-hit ball in his first start this season for San Diego. wholesale nfl jerseys . The Philadelphia goaltender posted 41 saves as he backstopped the Flyers to a comeback 4-3 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks.Flames forward Rene Bourque will once again face a disciplinary hearing. Bourque, who was suspended for two games last month for his hit on Brent Seabrook, will have a hearing Wednesday morning for delivering an elbow to Washington Capitals forward Nicklaas Backstrom during Tuesdays 3-1 loss.dddddddddddd The incident happened in the third period, and Bourque received a two minute penalty for elbowing. Backstrom stayed in the game for two more shifts, but was unable to finish the contest. cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes