Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ll. "I watched Takahashi skate and realized I - Co...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ll. "I watched Takahashi skate and realized I

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/24 06:16AM
Latest post: 2014/11/24 06:16AM, Views: 242, Posts: 1
ll. "I watched Takahashi skate and realized I
#1   2014/11/24 06:16AM
wff0605
MIAMI -- Chasing a deep drive with the game in the balance, Florida Marlins centre-fielder Dewayne Wise had time to think about how badly his team had been playing lately. MLB Jerseys Cyber Monday Deals . Wise retreated to the edge of the warning track, turned, stumbled and reached out as he fell to make a circus catch. The ninth-inning grab helped the Marlins hang on to snap a seven-game losing streak Friday by beating the San Francisco Giants 2-1. "I thought, Oh my God, with the way weve been playing this homestand ..." Wise said. "As I was falling I was saying, Ive got to catch it. If I dont, its a tie game at least, and were probably still playing." The erratic Marlins had been 0-7 on their homestand, but Ricky Nolasco (9-8) barely outpitched all-star Matt Cain (9-9). Nolasco allowed one run in eight innings, and Leo Nunez earned his 32nd save in 36 chances by pitching the eventful ninth. Nunez gave up a leadoff single to Pablo Sandoval, and with one out Cody Ross hit a drive to deep centre. Wise -- a ninth-inning defensive replacement with a reputation for spectacular catches -- ran a buttonhook pattern before making the lunging grab. "He falls down, you like your chances there," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "But he made a great catch." After the game, Wise stood at his locker smiling as he listened to a description of the play by teammate Logan Morrison. "When Ross hit it, it was, Oh crap," Morrison said. "Then it was, Oh, hes got a bead on it. Then it was, Oh crap, hes falling down. Then, Ah, he made the catch. It wasnt exactly the perfect graceful catch, but well take it for sure." Florida improved to 4-0 this season against the defending World Series champions. The Giants set a major league record for consecutive solo home runs when Sandoval hit one in the first inning. Their past 20 homers have been solo shots, breaking the record of 19 set by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1914. The lead was brief, because two of the first three Florida batters scored against Cain. He then settled down to pitch six innings, allowing no more runs, but lost his third start in a row. Nolasco gave up six hits, but the only walk he allowed was intentional, and he benefited from good defence. San Francisco hit into two double plays and lost another runner when Aubrey Huff was thrown out trying to steal. "The defence will make better plays when you throw more strikes," Nolasco said. "I was trying to do that and keep them on their toes." There was no evidence of lingering ill will between the teams, who met for the first time since their series in May, when Giants catcher Buster Posey broke his leg in a collision with Floridas Scott Cousins. Cousins is on the disabled list himself with an injury unrelated to the collision, and before the game both managers said their teams wanted to move beyond the episode. The Giants, starting a 10-game trip, lost for the 12th time in 17 games and continued to sputter on offence. Theyre next to last in the majors in runs and have totalled 15 in the past eight games. "Weve said quite a few times during the stretch that were better than this," Bochy said. "But we have to show it." The top of the order went 0 for 7, and Ross went 0 for 4 playing in Miami for the first time since the Giants acquired him from Florida on a waiver claim last August. Sandoval gave San Francisco a brief lead when he hit his 14th homer with two out in the first. Florida came back with two runs in the first on three consecutive one-out hits. Alfredo Amezaga singled, Morrison tripled and Mike Stanton singled. "It ended up being my fault that we lost," Cain said. "Ive got to make better pitches early." The Giants didnt advance a runner beyond first base in the final six innings. Notes: Giants OF Carlos Beltran (strained right hand) missed his fourth consecutive game. Bochy didnt rule out putting Beltran on the disabled list but said the Giants hope hell heal quickly after he received a shot. ... Giants OF Nate Schierholtz, who had been sidelined with a right hip flexor, struck out pinch-hitting in the eighth. ... Marlins CF Mike Cameron (knee) was scratched from the starting lineup. ... Florida RHP Javier Vazquez returned from Puerto Rico, where his wife was ill, and hell start Saturday. RHP Chris Volstad, recalled from Triple-A New Orleans, will make his first start since July 22 on Sunday. ... Giants RHP Tim Lincecum, scheduled to start Saturday, is 5-4 with a 1.67 ERA over his past 10 starts. . Just the way the Boston Red Sox drew it up, right? "Go tell him that," McDonald said, nodding at Ortizs locker. "See, I should be in the home run derby next year. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Indianapolis-Colts-T-Y-Hilton-Jer... Hilton Black Friday Jersey . Same for Matthew Stafford, and they knew exactly what to do. http://www.cheapjerseysfox.com/ . Evans, a two-time Tour de France runner-up, has survived a crash-marred first week of racing which saw several contenders bow out of the race. He stands third in the overall standings, the best placing among the favourites. wholesale jerseys . The Miami Heat star is getting treatment "around the clock" for his aching right knee, and coach Erik Spoelstra said theyll wait until Sunday to decide whether hell play in Game 4 against the Milwaukee Bucks. Michael Kors Handbags Boxing Day . Winning for the eighth time in sixteen games without their number one netminder (8-7-1), the Leafs rolled over the Lightning by a 7-1 final at the St.SAPPORO, Japan -- Japans Daisuke Takahashi defended his title at the NHK Trophy on Sunday, finishing comfortably ahead of compatriot Takahiko Kozuka after a solid free skate. Takahashi, first after the short program, finished with a total of 259.75 points, 24.73 points ahead of Kozuka. Ross Miner of the United States placed third with 212.36 points. Skating to "Blues for Klook," Takahashi fell on his opening quadruple flip and was downgraded on two jumps late in his routine, but was strong enough overall to take the trophy for the second consecutive year. "I had some downgrades on my jumps but I feel like I am making progress with my routine," Takahashi said. "When I won the NHK Trophy last year I felt like I might not have deserved to win, but this year there was no question in my mind." American Brandon Mroz, who made skating history on Saturday by becoming the first skater to land a quadruple lutz in international competition, had a mistake-filled free skate and finished last with 184.83 points. Even though he was downgraded on three jumps, Takahashi dominated his program components to win his fourth NHK TTrophy in six years. wholesale jerseys. The 2010 world champion and Vancouver bronze medallist appears to have returned to form after reconstructive right knee surgery forced him to sit out the 2008-09 season. With his win here and a third-place finish at Skate Canada, Takahashi qualified for the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City next month. Miner, who was sixth after the short program, won his first Grand Prix medal. "Its awesome to be on the podium," the 20-year-old Miner said. "I wasnt expecting it at all. This is my first Grand Prix medal and to do it here in Japan where the fans appreciate good skating is amazing." Kozuka, the 2011 world silver medallist , was only downgraded on one jump -- his opening quadruple toeloop -- but couldnt match Takahashis technical skill. "I watched Takahashi skate and realized I still have a long way to go," Kozuka said. "I tried too hard at certain points and my timing was off so I was a bit disappointed and will work hard to improve for the nationals." Mroz struggled in the free skate, falling on his opening quad lutz and touching down on a triple axel. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes