Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

aid. "Hell take care of his family. Hell do whats ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

aid. "Hell take care of his family. Hell do whats rig

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/20 07:58PM
Latest post: 2014/11/20 07:58PM, Views: 219, Posts: 1
aid. "Hell take care of his family. Hell do whats rig
#1   2014/11/20 07:58PM
wff0605
MIAMI -- A punchless offence in the final two games kept the Miami Dolphins out of the post-season, and theyll have a new play-caller in 2014. . Offensive co-ordinator Mike Sherman was fired Monday, the first change by the team since the holiday collapse. Coach Joe Philbin defended Sherman the day after the season, but owner Stephen Ross was expected to demand some sort of shake-up following the dismal finish. Sherman joined the Dolphins when Philbin was hired two years ago, and the two have been close for more than 30 years. But this season Shermans unit ranked 27th in the NFL in yards, allowed a franchise-record 58 sacks and scored once in its final 24 possessions. The Dolphins (8-8) would have made the playoffs if they had won one of their final two games against the Bills and Jets. Instead, they were beaten by a combined score of 39-7. Other changes in Philbins staff are possible, and offensive line coach Jim Turners status remains in doubt. The line was the focus of a bullying scandal that mushroomed at midseason and left the Dolphins without two starters, and the NFL has yet to release a report on its investigation into the case. Philbin thanked Sherman for his contributions in a brief statement announcing the firing. "Mike has been a mentor to me throughout my coaching career, dating back to 1979," Philbin said. "He is a man of great integrity, dedicated to his family, his team, his players and his profession. On behalf of the entire Miami Dolphins organization I want to wish Mike and his family the very best in the future." Sherman has a six-year relationship with quarterback Ryan Tannehill dating to their days at Texas A&M, where Sherman was Tannehills head coach. Tannehill won the Dolphins starting job in training camp as a rookie in 2012 and showed considerable progress this year until the final two games, when he played poorly. "Coach Sherman and I have a great relationship," Tannehill said in a statement released by the Dolphins. "He has made significant contributions to the Dolphin organization, and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to play for him for the last six years. I learned so much about football and life in that time, and for that I am forever grateful." While Tannehill threw for 3,913 yards and 24 scores this season, Shermans play-calling came into question because of the teams pass-run imbalance. Miami passed the ball 65 per cent of the time, third-highest in the NFL, and had games where they rushed for 2, 14, 20 and 22 yards. The Dolphins have missed the playoffs five years in a row and havent won a post-season game since 2000. Philbin is 15-17 in his first head-coaching job. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Chicago-Bears-Willie-Young-Jersey... Young Cyber Monday Jersey . Lately, hes doing something with them. Bruce homered his first time up, then doubled twice during a seven-run burst as the Cincinnati Reds delighted a sellout crowd, battering the Milwaukee Brewers 13-7 on Saturday. . The Toronto FC coach had just watched his team concede two late goals Tuesday to fall 3-1 to Mexican giants Santos Laguna in a crucial CONCACAF Champions League match at BMO Field. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Cincinnati-Bengals-Robert-Geather... . Raffael and Peter Niemeyer scored in the 49th and 81st minutes for promoted Herthas first win at Dortmund since 2006, and only its second ever. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Dallas-Cowboys-Amobi-Okoye-Jersey... Okoye Cyber Monday Jersey . -- Jurgen Melzer is playing so well again that not even a broken toe could slow him down. . Two superstars in the game head-to-head on a billboard and then on the field.CALGARY -- When Alex Tanguay broke into the NHL with the Colorado Avalanche back in 1999 he had two options. He could switch from his natural centre position and play left-wing on a line with Joe Sakic, or he could watch from the press box. "I became a left-wing then and Ive been that ever since," said Tanguay, who was also behind Peter Forsberg and Stephane Yelle on Colorados depth chart at centre. "It was fun for me to get to watch some of the best players. I knew I wasnt going to play that position so I made the adjustment." Bob Hartley, who was Colorados coach at the time, recalled that he initially tried Tanguay out at centre a few times during practice. "But we had so many options with Joe and Forsberg," said Hartley, who was reunited with Tanguay when he signed on to coach the Calgary Flames late last May. "He was a young kid coming in with no NHL experience. To be on Joes wing was not a bad thing a better being on the left-wing than eating popcorn upstairs." Now, 13 seasons later, Hartley made the decision to put Tanguay back at centre for the first three days of Flames training camp. "Its been a while since I played centre," said Tanguay, who won a Stanley Cup with Hartley in Colorado in 2001. "I used to play it in juniors (with the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL). I know how to play it. Its going to take a little bit of time and Im going to take as many days as possible to hopefully be ready." With Calgarys home opener slated for this Sunday against the San Jose Sharks, that doesnt leave much time. "Im looking forward to the next few days of practice and hopefully I can improve and get better," Tanguay said. "I did some video with the coaches on the centre position and what to do and what not to do. "Im looking forward to the challenge. Its a great opportunity and well see how it goes." Curtis Glencross has been impressed with how much improvement Tanguay has shown so far. "Obviously, its not something that hes going to be an expert at overnight," said Glencross, who has played left-wing on Tanguays line all three days. "Its going to take a little bit and every day hes better and better. Alex has such good vision oof the ice and hes such a smart player. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Detroit-Lions-Travis-Swanson-Jers... Swanson Black Friday Jersey. "He doesnt really get himself in too many problems. A good player like that can manoeuvre between different positions really easily." Blake Comeau played on Calgarys top line the first two days before Hartley decided to put Lee Stempniak in the right-wing spot on Wednesday. "I think hes a natural," Stempniak said of Tanguay. "You just get your stick down and try to get open and more often than not, hell find you, which is a lot of fun for someone who likes to shoot the puck." Of course, captain Jarome Iginla is pencilled in to play on the top line once he has recovered from his groin injury. "I think Iggys spot is pretty secure," Stempniak said. If all goes well, Iginla could make his debut at Flames training camp on Wednesday. "Hes doing so well that hes begging me to let him on the ice," Hartley said. "Tomorrow morning, hes going to come in, were going to test him in the gym and if everything feels good, hes going to be on the ice." For the third straight day, Mikael Backlund centred Calgarys second line between left-winger Sven Baertschi and right-winger Michael Cammalleri. "I like the chemistry," Hartley said. "It seems that Cammy is having fun with the two kids. Its a good leadership role for Cammy." That being said, Hartley added that he might switch things up a bit before Calgarys season starts on Sunday. "If theres one thing about me, Im not scared to change my lines, so you never know," he said. The Flames are still uncertain as to whether forward Jiri Hudler will make it back in time for Calgarys first game. Hudlers father, Jiri Hudler Sr., passed away on Monday and his funeral will take place this Friday in Olomouc, Czech Republic. "He has bigger things on his mind," Hartley said. "Hell take care of his family. Hell do whats right." Once Hudler returns from the Czech Republic, Hartley said everyone in the Flames organization will show their support as best as they can. "We always try to say the right things to make sure that he feels good, but more importantly that he knows that were with him," Hartley said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes