Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ia Axemen 45-21 in last Fridays UTECK BOWL - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ia Axemen 45-21 in last Fridays UTECK BOWL

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/20 07:56PM
Latest post: 2014/11/20 07:56PM, Views: 239, Posts: 1
ia Axemen 45-21 in last Fridays UTECK BOWL
#1   2014/11/20 07:56PM
wff0605
OTTAWA -- Mika Zibanejad has no intention of taking anything for granted. . The Ottawa Senators recalled the 20-year-old from Binghamton of the American Hockey League Tuesday and he knows he has a lot to prove if he intends on staying in Ottawa. Zibanejad had been expected to make the team out of camp, but after failing to live up to expectations was returned to the AHL. The demotion was surprising considering how well Zibanejad had played last season, but in some ways the Senators felt the young prospect allowed himself to become too complacent. At the end of training camp Senators general manager Bryan Murray said, "The other guys stepped up way above him in camp, and he didnt do anything about it." Zibanejad was told his level of play allowed two others players to steal his job. Harsh words, but they resonated with Zibanejad. "You dont want to take anything for granted, but I was hoping to build off the things I did last year and the season I came from," said Zibanejad. "To get that message and reaction from them was an eye-opener for me, but apparently it was a good thing and I feel like Im back on track and where Im supposed to be at so hopefully I can just keep going here." After being sent down Zibanejad was determined to prove he belonged in the NHL. "When something like that happens you want to prove them wrong, but I tried not to think about it too much. I thought about playing hard and doing the stuff they wanted me to work on. I hope I took it the right way." Through Binghamtons first six regular-season games Zibanejad has two goals and five assists to lead the team in scoring. Last season the 62", 211-pound native of Huddinge, Sweden, finished fourth among Senators in scoring with 20 points (seven goals, 13 assists) in 42 regular-season games with Ottawa. "I had a pretty good talk with Luke (Richardson) when I got there the first day," said Zibanejad, referring to the former NHLer who now coaches Binghamton. "He understood the situation and he helped me a lot through this time and his message was to play and not worry about it too much. All I can control is my play and how I react to it and I think that helps a lot that you get that talk and that confidence from him." Zibanejad was recalled as a precaution as Jean-Gabriel Pageau has a minor injury and the Senators didnt want to find themselves short-handed as they prepare to face the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. It appears Zibanejad will centre the fourth line between Derek Grant and Erik Condra if line combinations from Tuesdays practice are any indication. While MacLean wouldnt confirm that Zibanejad would play Wednesday he did say they were considering it and when asked what the young centre needed to do to earn playing time MacLean was clear. "He has to play good," said MacLean. "We made the call down there and said whos the best player and they said it was Mika. Before that it was Derek Grant. Mikas been their best player and now we want him to come up and play with speed, play with energy, use his size and shoot the puck and just do the things that he does to be successful and if he does those things consistently he can stay in the lineup and ultimately in the National Hockey League." Zibanejad feels hes benefited from his time in Binghamton and is hopeful he can find similar success in the NHL. "I hope I built something down in Binghamton and I just have to keep building on it," said Zibanejad. "Keep shooting, keep skating and competing hard. I think that was the biggest message going down was compete and be hard on the puck and play like I can and I should and I think I did that and Im ready to take it to the next level." [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Buffalo-Bills-Aaron-Williams-Jers... Williams Cyber Monday Jersey . Was it a point gained, or a point lost? For Jets head coach Claude Noel and a number of players the thought was it was a point lost because after a very good start to the game, they could not maintain it for a full 60 minutes. . -- David Frost and Michael Allen birdied nine of the first 13 holes and combined for a 9-under 63 on Saturday for a share of the second-round lead with Tom Purtzer and Brad Bryant in the Legends of Golf. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseyscanada.us.com/nhl-jerseys_tampa-bay-lightning-jer... . -- Anton Karlsson and Gustaf Franzen each scored twice as Sweden overcame Russia 7-5 to win its first under-17 world hockey challenge title Friday. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Arizona-Cardinals-Darnell-Dockett... Dockett Black Friday Jersey . James is being kept out of Miamis final road game -- against the Cavaliers -- as the Heat get ready for the NBA playoffs by resting almost all of their top players. . The Wizards hope they didnt lose something much more important than just one game. Love had 25 points and 11 rebounds, and J.J. Barea scored 17 points off the bench to help the Timberwolves beat Washington 120-98 on Friday night.With decisive victories this past weekend, the McMaster Marauders and Laval Rouge et Or head to BC Place in Vancouver for the highly-anticipated 2011 VANIER CUP. TSNs live prime time coverage of the biggest football game in Canadian Interuniversity Sport touches down on Friday, Nov. 25 at 8:30 p.m. ET. The 2011 VANIER CUP is also available live on TSN Mobile TV, and can be viewed on-demand at TSN.ca following the live television broadcast. With the game being held at BC Place just before the 99th GREY CUP (airing Sunday, Nov. 27 at 6 p.m. ET on TSN), TSNs special coverage of the 2011 VANIER CUP includes an overhead cable camera that gives fans the best possible views of the game and stadium. This marks the first time ever that an overhead cable camera will be used in a Vanier Cup broadcast. Rod Black handles the play-by-play duties in the broadcast booth alongside analyst Duane Forde, while Lee Jones reports live from the field level. Rod Smith hosts the live coverage on-site from BC Place alongside analyst Mike Morreale, Saint Marys University Huskies head coach Steve Sumarah and University of Manitoba Bisons head coach Brian Dobie. Vancouvers Team 1410 will carry the 2011 VANIER CUP live locally and nationally online on TeamRadio.ca, with Jim Mullin doing play-by-play, Jerome Erdman handling colour commentary and Moe Khan and Matt Baker reporting from the sidelines. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Chicago-Bears-Danny-Mccray-Jersey... Mccray Black Friday Jersey. Team 1410s live broadcast of the game will also be available on TSN Radio 990 in Montreal. Throughout the 2011 VANIER CUP fans can join the conversation on TSN.cas live blog and can visit Canadas industry-leading sports website for all the news and highlights from the game. As the #1-ranked team in CIS football this season and reigning national champion, the Laval Rouge et Or are competing for their record-setting seventh Vanier Cup title – all won in the past 13 years. The powerhouse football program defeated the #2-ranked Calgary Dinos 41-10 during last Fridays MITCHELL BOWL held on the Dinos home turf. With a perfect 6-0 record in the national finals, Laval hits the gridiron in Vancouver determined to walk away with the 2011 VANIER CUP title. The #4-ranked McMaster Marauders toppled the #9-ranked Acadia Axemen 45-21 in last Fridays UTECK BOWL held in Moncton, NB. Anchored by quarterback Kyle Quinlan and a dynamic offence, McMaster is on an incredible nine-game winning streak. Making their first Vanier Cup appearance since 1967, McMaster heads to BC Place in hopes of ending Lavals dreams of making CIS football history. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes