Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

rary captains for their alma maters. When the C - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

rary captains for their alma maters. When the C

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/20 02:30AM
Latest post: 2014/11/20 02:30AM, Views: 297, Posts: 1
rary captains for their alma maters. When the C
#1   2014/11/20 02:30AM
wff0605
LONDON, Ont. . - Jake Patterson stopped 39 shots, including all 17 that came his way in the third period, and the London Knights toppled the visiting Kitchener Rangers 6-1 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League play. Matt Rupert scored once and set up two more for the Knights (31-11-5) while Nikta Zadorov and Bo Horvat had a goal and an assist each. Brett Welychka, Ryan Rupert and Josh Anderson added single goals for London and Dakota Mermis, Gemel Smith and Michael McCarron tacked on two assists apiece. Matia Marcantuoni scored the lone goal for the Rangers (16-29-2) as Matthew Greenfield turned away 41-of-47 shots in a losing cause. --- 67s 3 ICE DOGS 2 ST. CATHARINES, Ont. -- Brendan Bell set up the tying goal and then scored the winner at 18:28 of the third period as Ottawa came from behind to down Niagara. Dante Salituro and Erik Bradford also scored for the 67s (16-27-4), who halted a three-game skid. Hayden McCool and Aaron Haydon scored for the Ice Dogs (17-25-6), who led 2-1 after 40 minutes of action. Ottawas Philippe Trudeau stopped 40 shots for the win while Niagaras Blake Richard made 31 saves in defeat. --- STING 6 WHALERS 2 PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- Jimmy McDowell and Vladislav Kodola each had a goal and two assists as Sarnia snapped a four-game slide by defeating the Whalers. Davis Brown and Jeff King had a goal and an assist apiece for the Sting (15-27-5) while Nickolas Latta and Nikita Korostelev scored the others. Carter Sandlak and Gianluca Curcuruto supplied the offence for Plymouth (17-25-5). Sarnias Taylor Dupuis made 29 saves for the win. Alex Nedeljkovic started in net for the Whalers, but was pulled after allowing four goals on 31 shots. Zack Bowman stopped 7-of-8 shots in 16 minutes of relief. --- Three games were postponed because of weather conditions and have been re-scheduled. Erie at Belleville will be made up Jan. 27, Guelph at Owen Sound is reset for Jan. 29 and North Bay at Barrie is scheduled for Feb. 25. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Chicago-Bears-Brian-Urlacher-Jers... Urlacher Cyber Monday Jersey . Oswalt gets a US$2 million buyout instead of $16 million next season. Lidge receives a $1.5 million buyout instead of $12. Cheap USA Soccer Jersey . As a rookie this year, the 27-year-old Lough batted .286 with five homers and 33 RBIs in 96 games. He played all three outfield positions. . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Detroit-Lions-Rashean-Mathis-Jers... Mathis Cyber Monday Jersey . Seattle lost the opener in 13 innings on Tuesday and was hoping to rebound behind reigning American League Cy Young Award winner Felix Hernandez on Wednesday. However, he was tagged for four runs on seven hits and three walks over five innings of a 4-2 setback.CORONADO, Calif. - The aircraft carrier that buried Osama bin Laden at sea is ready for the first college basketball game to be played on an active flat top. As long as the rain stays away from the Carrier Classic on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson, coaches Tom Izzo of Michigan State and Roy Williams of No. 1 North Carolina are confident their teams will put on a great Veterans Day show for the approximately 7,000 in the crowd, including the nations basketball-fan-in-chief, President Barack Obama, plus a national TV audience. Watch the game live on TSN2, tonight at 7pm et/4pm pt. Izzo and Williams said they and their players were blown away when they boarded the nuclear-powered carrier, which stretches 1,092 feet, weighs 95,000 tons and has four steam catapults that can accelerate a jet fighter from 0 to 165 m.p.h. in just more than two seconds. "My first impression when I walked in far superseded whatever I thought it could be, and weve been talking about this for seven or eight years," Izzo said Thursday aboard the carrier, which is berthed at North Island Naval Air Station. "If you could have seen our players eyes as we walked in, you just had such an appreciation for what were doing. Its bigger than a game. Its bigger than North Carolina against Michigan State. Its kind of a dream come true for us. In a small, small way, I think we feel were giving a little bit back and maybe recognizing the people that deserve to be recognized, instead of just the athletes." The game, a rematch of the 2009 national championship game won by North Carolina, was conceived to celebrate Veterans Day and salute active-duty military personnel. "Wow," Williams said about his reaction to seeing the ship and the basketball court. The island, which serves as the command centre for the ship and flight-deck operations, looms just 50 feet from one end of the court. For some high enough in the stands, theres a view of the San Diego skyline across the bay. Williams said his players eyes and mouths were wide open as they walked around the flight deck after arriving in San Diego on Wednesday. "This is a celebration," Williams said. "The basketball game, from the tipoff till the final horn, were going to be working our tails off about the game. But every single second prior to it and as soon as the games final horn is over with, were thinking about hopefully putting a smile on some peoples faces who represent our country and serve our country. "Im as thrilled as I could possibly be," Williams said. "Theyre not fake -- Ive got cold chills up here talking about it. Its the neatest thing that Ive ever been involved with." Forecasts earlier in the week suggested that a storm might hit around tipoff. But based on updated forecasts, the game will be played on the flight deck, saiid Mike Whalen of Morale Entertainment Foundation, which is organizing the game. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Chicago-Bears-Jermon-Bushrod-Jers... Bushrod Black Friday Jersey[/url]. Had the threat of rain been greater, the game would have been moved below to the hangar deck. The coaches shrugged off suggestions that playing outdoors, with possible wind gusts, would be a concern. "I would be willing to bet 90 per cent of our players will be thrilled to death to do something that nobody else has ever done," Izzo said. "Thats the uniqueness of this, too. There are a lot of great players, a lot of great programs, but you talk about a memory-maker, theres been no player thats ever done something like this. So if they want to play indoors, I hope they tell me before the game; Ill make sure I dont play them. Unless its a starter." Added Williams: "They can go downstairs and play 3-on-3. Nobody will be watching." The court is surrounded by stadium-style seating, which organizers hope will block any wind. No balls will be in danger of bouncing into San Diego Bay. The coaches think itll be neat playing outdoors. "When Tommy and I played, we used to play outside," Williams said. "But kids dont play outside anymore. We better get a lot of shooting in today and tomorrow because we havent been outside. He may have outsmarted me, but we havent been outside." Said Izzo: "My guys havent shot real well in the exhibitions. I told them to shoot the exact same way and the wind will blow it in." Tar Heels senior centre Tyler Zeller said the coaches keep teasing the players about whos going to fall off the ship. At one point, he worried that the massive carrier will move during the game. "It is something that none of us have ever experienced," he said. "Im looking forward to it but Im also a little nervous about it. Itll be fun to be able to give back to them and be able to play a game in front of them." Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis, credited with coming up with the idea for the game, said he was looking for a "dramatic way to reach out" to the military. By chance, the carrier that became available to host the game was the one that conducted bin Ladens burial at sea after he was killed by Navy SEALs in a raid ordered by Obama. Capt. Bruce H. Lindsey, the commanding officer of the flat top, said neither he nor any of his sailors can talk about that mission. But Lindsey did say his daughter is a senior at Chapel Hill, "so I just have to root for Chapel Hill." Magic Johnson and James Worthy will be honorary captains for their alma maters. When the Carl Vinson is at sea, following sports events -- when possible -- is important for the crew, Lindsey said. "They follow sports all the time, so much so that I have to steer the ship so I get the satellite beam hitting us just right," he said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes