Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

French Open semifinals three weeks ago. The for - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

French Open semifinals three weeks ago. The for

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/19 01:38AM
Latest post: 2014/11/19 01:38AM, Views: 267, Posts: 1
French Open semifinals three weeks ago. The for
#1   2014/11/19 01:38AM
wff0605
CLEVELAND -- Carlos Zambrano is happy, relaxed and enjoying life with his new team. . Zambrano, often combative and tempermental earlier in his career, pitched seven strong innings to help the Miami Marlins open interleague play by beating the Cleveland Indians 3-2 Friday night. "This is awesome, man," said Zambrano (2-2). "We come to play hard every game and everything is fun with this ballclub." Miami broke a 2-2 tie in the eighth on a sacrifice fly by Hanley Ramirez. All three Marlins runs were scored by batters who had started rallies with walks. Marlins centre fielder Emilio Bonifacio left with a strained left thumb in the fifth inning and will be examined Saturday. Zambrano gave up four hits and two runs as he continued a strong first season in Miami after 11 years with the Chicago Cubs. The right-hander has a 1.96 ERA in eight starts since being acquired in a January trade. "He deserved the win and should have a better record because he has pitched so well all season," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "He controlled his emotions and made the big pitch when he had to do it. "I was a little worried because they have so many lefties in their lineup and hes had trouble with lefties sometimes, but he did well." Heath Bell worked the ninth for only his fourth save in eight chances. He had pitched twice since Guillen removed him from the closers role a week ago. "Ozzie told me to take a step back and clear the air," said Bell, who signed a three-year, $27 million contract in December after saving 132 games for San Diego the past three seasons. Bell had been part of the bullpen blowing four leads for Zambrano, who expressed support of the right-hander after each tough outcome. "Carlos has been there for me," Bell said. "I heard all the stories, but what is past is past. I met him in spring training and all I know is a good teammate and a good guy." Indians manager Manny Acta noticed another change in Zambrano -- the veterans ability to rely on pitches other than his fastball. "Hes more of a pitcher now," Acta said after Cleveland had a four-game winning streak broken. "Hes not trying to blow the ball by people. Hes got good movement on his pitches. Hes cutting the ball and throwing off-speed stuff." Zambrano walked five, including Johnny Damon three times. "It still had command, even with the walks," Zambrano said. "My sinker was moving too much and then I was able to control it." Bryan Petersen opened the Miami eighth with a walk off Tony Sipp (0-2) and was bunted to second by Jose Reyes. Right-hander Joe Smith came on and got Omar Infante to hit a bouncer back to him. Smith whirled and threw to second, but the ball hit Petersen and rolled into right field for an error, putting Marlins on first and third. Ramirez then flied out to centre, scoring Petersen for the second time. Petersen also walked to open the third against Indians starter Justin Masterson, was singled to third by Reyes and scored on Infantes forceout grounder. Masterson, aware that Bonifacio was 20 for 20 in steals, threw over to first base four times to keep the runner close in the fifth. On one of the pickoff attempts, Bonifacio jammed his hand as he dove back to the base. He then was thrown out by catcher Carlos Santana. "I saw the replay and thought I was safe," said Bonifacio, his left hand wrapped. "I went to the dugout and couldnt grip a bat, so I knew I had to come out." Cleveland took a 2-0 lead in the second. Damon drew a two-out walk and scored from first on Casey Kotchmans ground double into the right-field corner. After Jose Lopez walked, Shin-Soo Choo singled home Kotchman. The Marlins tied it at 2 in the sixth on a sacrifice fly by Giancarlo Stanton. Masterson gave up two runs and six hits over seven innings, bouncing back from a poor start Sunday in Boston when he gave up six runs over six innings of a 12-1 loss to the Red Sox. Notes: Indians DH Travis Hafner went 0 for 4. He had been replaced Thursday after getting hit in the right hand with a pitch. ... Indians 3B Jack Hannahan missed his fifth straight game with a sore back. ... Former Indians star OF Joe Carter and Hall of Fame RHP Phil Niekro, who pitched two seasons in Cleveland late in his career, greeted fans as part of the teams ambassador program. Niekro threw out the ceremonial first pitch. The first 15,000 fans received a Carter bobblehead souvenir. ... Santana went 3 for 4 throwing out potential base stealers and is 8 of 25 overall. ... Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen watched the Cubs-White Sox game on TV in the afternoon. Paul Konerko, whom Guillen managed for eight seasons, was hit in the helmet by Cubs pitcher Jeff Samardzija. "I texted him right away," Guillen said. "He texted me 10 minutes later and said he was fine." ... Guillens sister, Darlenys, is married to Indians pitching coach Scott Radinsky. ... Miami is 7-3 against the Indians in interleague play since beating Cleveland in a seven-game World Series in 1997. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Arizona-Cardinals-Lyle-Sendlein-J... Sendlein Black Friday Jersey . -- Canadians Dominique Maltais and Maelle Ricker won the womens World Cup snowboard cross team final Saturday. . Aiken, last years Open de Espana winner, is one shot clear at the par-73 East London Golf Club. Two-time U.S. Open champion Retief Goosen, who had the honor of hitting the first tee shot in the 2012 Race to Dubai, and fellow South African Jaco Ahlers are tied for second at eight-under 65. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Tennessee-Titans-Shaun-Phillips-J... . Beckham joined the club amid a whirl of flashbulbs last week in an unexpected move, signing a five-month deal until the end of the season. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseyscanada.us.com/mlb-jerseys_new-york-yankees-jersey... New York Yankees Jerseys . Matt Watsons goal in the 51st minute was the difference as the Whitecaps edged the University of Victoria Vikes 2-1 in exhibition play Sunday. .2 billion budget for a new Atlanta Falcons stadium. The Georgia World Congress Center Authority board of governors on Tuesday unanimously approved the complete schematic design and the budget, which is up $200 million from the previous estimate.Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Reigning champion and two-time titlist Rafael Nadal, heavy British favorite Andy Murray and three-time runner-up Andy Roddick were a trio of straight-set second-round winners Wednesday at Wimbledon. Playing under the roof on the famed Centre Court, the world No. 1 Nadal blew past American Ryan Sweeting in 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 fashion at the All England Club. Nadal moved on in just over two hours, as his serve was broken only once by his American counterpart, who is now a predictable 0-3 against Nadal this year. "The Wimbledon Centre Court with the roof or without the roof, is probably the best court of the world," Nadal said. "I was playing very well," he added. "The second and beginning of the third I had the match completely under control, but he had a few good shots." The reigning Wimbledon, French Open and U.S. Open champion Nadal has now won his last 16 matches at the AEC, where he titled in 2008, and again last year. The Spanish great beat Czech Tomas Berdych in last years finale after missing the 2009 edition of the worlds most prestigious tennis tournament due to injury. The 25-year-old Nadal has appeared in the final in his last four trips here, going 2-2 in those affairs. He captured a second straight and sixth overall French Open title just three weeks ago. Up next for Nadal will be Luxembourgs Gilles Muller, who upset Nadal in the second round at Wimbledon back in 2005. A fourth-seeded Murray got past capable German Tobias Kamke 6-3, 6-3, 7-5 in just under two hours on Court 1. Murray did not allow one break of serve by Kamke, who was last years ATP newcomer of the year. The 24-year-old Murray is fresh off his grass-court title at the Queens Club two weeks ago. Murray is a three-time Grand Slam runner-up, including this years Australian Open. Hes never reached a Wimbledon final, but has appeared in the semifinals here the last two years. The slick Murray will face Croatian veteran Ivan Ljubicic on Friday. An eighth-seeded Roddick handled Romanian Victor Hanescu 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 on Centre Court. The big-serving American popped 15 aces in the 1-hour, 52-minute affair. Roddick played a very clean match by recording a mere six unforced errors and holding his formidable serve throughout. "I felt pretty good out there," Roddick said. "Served well, returned well. There was only a couple shots that I wish I had back there tonight." The former world No. 1 and former U.S. Open champion Roddick lost to Roger Federer in the 2004, 2005 and 2009 Wimbledon finals. Roddick will face Spanish lefthander Feliciano Lopez in the third round. After rain delayed the start of play for a few hours on Day 3, a sixth-seeded Berdych headed out to dismantle helpless Frenchman Julien Benneteau 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 in 1 hour, 37 minutes. Berdych has now won eight of his last nine matches at Wimbledon, with the loss coming at the hands of Nadal in last years final -- Beerdychs first-ever Grand Slam title match. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Tennessee-Titans-Derrick-Morgan-J... Morgan Black Friday Jersey. Ninth-seeded Frenchman Gael Monfils overcame Slovenia Grega Zemlja 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 7-6 (9-7), while 10th-seeded American Mardy Fish got past Uzbekistans Denis Istomin 7-6 (8-6), 6-4, 6-4 in 2 hours, 16 minutes to reach the third round here for a fourth time. Fish smacked 13 aces and had his serve broken only once in an efficient victory. Up next for Fish will be big-serving Dutchman Robin Haase. Nifty Frenchman Richard Gasquet, seeded 17th at this particular fortnight, handled Russian Igor Kunitsyn 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 to reach the round of 32, while 14th-seeded Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka went by way of the upset, suffering a 7-6 (7-5), 6-3, 7-6 (7-4) setback against Italian Simone Bolelli, and 15th-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon bested Israeli Dudi Sela 7-6 (7-3), 6-4, 7-5. In other second-round play, Haase dismissed 21st-seeded Spaniard Fernando Verdasco 6-3, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2; American Alex Bogomolov Jr. took out 25th-seeded French Open quarterfinalist Juan Ignacio Chela of Argentina 6-0, 6-3, 6-4; Polands Lukasz Kubot topped 6-foot-10 Croat Ivo Karlovic 7-6 (7-2), 6-3, 6-3; Lopez edged out German Rainer Schuettler 7-6 (7-3), 6-7 (3-7), 6-2, 6-2; the former top-five Ljubicic leveled Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-4, 6-4, 6-2; and the aforementioned Muller was trailing 31st-seeded Canadian Milos Raonic 2-3 in the first set when Raonic retired with a hip injury after taking a spill on Court 3. Bogomolov Jr. should have his hands full with Berdych in the third round. Diminutive Belgian Olivier Rochus took the first set from 24th-seeded Juan Martin del Potro, 7-6 (9-7), when played was called for the day due to darkness. Theyll have to complete that on Thursday. The former world No. 4 del Potro was the 2009 U.S. Open champ. Opening-round wins came Wednesday for Russian veteran Dmitry Tursunov, promising Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and South African Kevin Anderson, who will face second-seeded Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic here on Thursday. Dimitrov, fresh off his grass-court title in the Netherlands, will encounter 12th-seeded former Aussie Open runner-up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in his next outing. The Serbian Djokovic is 42-1 this year with a whopping seven titles already. The second round is scheduled to be completed here on Thursday, as Djokovic will meet Anderson, a third-seeded Federer will take on Frenchman Adrian Mannarino and fifth-seeded two-time French Open runner-up Robin Soderling will be opposed by 2002 Wimbledon champion and former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, a two-time Grand Slam winner. Djokovics only loss this season came against Federer in the French Open semifinals three weeks ago. The former No. 1 Federer owns a mens record 16 major titles, including six of the last eight here at Wimbledon. Seventh-seeded David Ferrer and 28th-seeded former Wimbledon runner-up David Nalbandian are also slated for action on Thursday. Ferrer will meet young American Ryan Harrison. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes