Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

am earned $500,000, the LPGA Tour got $270,000 - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

am earned $500,000, the LPGA Tour got $270,000

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/19 01:33AM
Latest post: 2014/11/19 01:33AM, Views: 223, Posts: 1
am earned $500,000, the LPGA Tour got $270,000
#1   2014/11/19 01:33AM
wff0605
NEW YORK -- Dara Torres is just now starting to feel like herself again in the pool. . The 44-year-old sprinter, trying to qualify for her sixth Olympics in London next year, returned to competition in February after 16 months away because of major knee surgery. "I thought I would get it quick," she said Thursday. "I only took a year off -- from 92 to 99, I took seven years off. Im thinking, This cant be that bad. But it was a tough year last year. I didnt feel like myself when I was training. I just had to keep the confidence." Torres was already a modern marvel when she won a silver medal in the 50-meter freestyle at age 41 at the 2008 Games. She was training about 30,000 metres a week in the lead-up to Beijing, an unusually low number for an elite swimmer. These days, its more like 21,000-25,000 metres -- with two days off -- as she makes sure her body has enough time to recover. "Dry land" workouts remain a major part of her training, though now she cant do certain leg exercises because of her knee. Torres finds her nutritional approach has come full circle. When she was first coming up -- she won the first of four Olympic gold medals in 1984 -- it was all about carb-loading. Carbs then went out of style, but as she gets older, Torres realizes she needs more of them. "My body doesnt have the fuel that it had when I used to swim," said Torres, who was in New York on Thursday to serve as a coach for the day at a Brooklyn YMCA for sponsor Bengay. "I need to refuel as Im training." Torres was struggling to finish her races when she first came back from her latest layoff. But her times kept improving, and that buoyed her confidence. Now she just needs to get some more racing under her belt this fall. "Youd think after so many years Id know how to race," Torres said, "but you need to be in that environment." Even after all shes gone through to come back yet again, Torres insists shell head into the U.S. Olympic trials at age 45 in June with no expectations. "I like challenges," she said. "Its kind of fun, and just kick back and see what happens." [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Buffalo-Bills-Mike-Williams-Jerse... Williams Cyber Monday Jersey . The teams president and chief executive officer announced Tuesday the CFL club had an overall operating profit of $726,930 last year wiped out mainly because of delays in building the new $200-million Investors Group Field. . Dortmund started strongly only to go behind in the 13th minute when Karim Haggui scored with a header from the visitors only corner. But Sokratis equalized six minutes later in similar fashion, three minutes before Marco Reus made it 2-1 with a fine solo effort. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-New-York-Giants-Weston-Richburg-J... . Bringing his multifaceted game to a new audience in England, Forte ran for 145 yards and a touchdown, and the Bears held on to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-18 on Sunday in the fifth annual NFL regular-season game at Wembley Stadium. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Baltimore-Ravens-Ray-Lewis-Jersey... Lewis Cyber Monday Jersey . A trip to the Santiago Bernabeu looked to have consigned City to the harshest of starts to the continents premier club competition but the English champions will be relishing the chance to pile more misery on Madrid. The Spanish giants have dropped eight points from a possible 12 in the defence of their La Liga title, leaving the team in the unusual position of mid-table and prompting heavy criticism from coach Jose Mourinho about the players lack of commitment and spirit. . Jordan Walden (1-1) allowed the tying run to score in the bottom of the eighth but still earned the win by throwing a scoreless ninth inning. Bobby Abreu had a two-run home run and scored the game-winning run for the Angels, winners in six of their last nine games. HENDERSON, Nev. -- Jason Day beat Stacy Lewis with birdie on the second hole of a playoff to lift the PGA Tour past the LPGA Tour on Tuesday in the Wendys 3-Tour Challenge. Days drive stopped on a cart path, and the Australian hit a 95-yard approach to 5 feet to set up the winning birdie. "Actually, I had no idea where it finished," Day said. "And I was very fortunate to finish on the cart path." Lewis missed an 8-foot birdie putt. "I thought it was pretty straight," said Lewis, the LPGA Tour player of the year and a four-time winner this season, "but it kind of moved a little left on me." After the teams finished at 19 under in regulation at Rio Secco Golf Club, Nick Watney and Cristie Kerr -- coming off a victory Sunday in Mexico in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational -- parred the par-4 18th hole to force a second extra hole. Watney holed a 45-foot birdie putt on the final hole in regulation to force the playoff. Davis Love III also played for the PGA Tour, and Natalie Gulbis completed the LPGA Tour lineup. The Champions Tour trio of Bernhard Langer, Fred Funk and Tom Lehman ffinished six strokes back. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ramon-Foster-... Foster Black Friday Jersey. Only the two best scores on a hole from the three-player teams counted in the total. Kerr helped the LPGA rally, birdieing Nos. 14-17. "The women went 14 under on the back nine, but Nick holed a great, great putt to tie it," Day said. "Nick and I birdied the 18th and Davis birdied the 17th. Everybody won this as a team." Day led all players with nine birdies, while Watney and Lewis each made eight, and Kerr had seven. Lewis and Kerr each had five of their birdies on the back nine holes for the LPGA team, which trailed the PGA Tour team by five shots after nine holes. Gulbis had the lone eagle, holing a 30-yard chip on the par-5 15th. "Stacy started making a lot of birdies and Natalie had that chip-in on the 15th, and that got them going," Love said. "They got hot on the back nine." The PGA Tour team earned $500,000, the LPGA Tour got $270,000, and Champions Tour $230,000. The PGA Tour won for the ninth time in the 21-year event. The Champions Tour has seven titles and the LPGA five. The event raised $3,442,300 for the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes